Problem: Yellowing Leaves. Green center stems

Medium/grow method: Soil FF and RO

Feed: and supplements used:

water source: Tap with chloramine chlorine filter. 197 ppm

Strain/age: 8 weeks

light used: TS 1000 Full on at 23"

Climate: 77 -78 F 53% RH

Additional info:
I was PH imbalanced at 6 weeks and flushed to correct. High ppm. Yellowing started last week. Yesterday I flushed again, running 1 gal 5 ml Kleen through it, then 1 gal plain all PH'd 6.5. Runoff is 6.5 and ppm 734 if I am accurate. I was suspecting Mag deficiency so after flushing I ran GW light schedule 8th week with Armor SI and Cal Mag. My first runoff test ph was in range. The PPM remained stable.

20210817_193150.jpg

Tangerine Dream auto
8 weeks

Problem: Yellowing Leaves. Green center stems

Medium/grow method: Soil FF and RO

Feed: and supplements used:

water source: Tap with chloramine chlorine filter. 197 ppm

Strain/age: 8 weeks

light used: TS 1000 Full on at 23"

Climate: 77 -78 F 53% RH

Additional info:
I was PH imbalanced at 6 weeks and flushed to correct. High ppm. Yellowing started last week. Yesterday I flushed again, running 1 gal 5 ml Kleen through it, then 1 gal plain all PH'd 6.5. Runoff is 6.5 and ppm 734 if I am accurate. I was suspecting Mag deficiency so after flushing I ran GW light schedule 8th week with Armor SI and Cal Mag. My first runoff test ph was in range. The PPM remained stable.

View attachment 1356602
Flushing soil should be reserved for an absolute last ditch attempt to save a way overfed plant. You have now done that twice. What is happening is the balance in the pot is gone. I am assuming FF is Fox Farm of some sort I am not sure what RO (Reverse Osmosis?) is in the soil context. When you flushed all of the Salts were washed out along with most of the microbes that were active leaving behind the hard minerals like Dolomite Lime (calcium and magnesium) . There is ample calcium in your water at 197 PPM and you have added more to a pot that may only have calcium and magnesium in it? There is just no way to know what is in the pot? At this stage you should just give a 50% strength Balanced Bloom nutrient with a dose of Recharge using distilled or RO WATER. Stop adding calcium but you may need some Mg. It is very hard to get the balance back in the pot.

:goodluck:

Flushing soil should be reserved for an absolute last ditch attempt to save a way overfed plant. You have now done that twice. What is happening is the balance in the pot is gone. I am assuming FF is Fox Farm of some sort I am not sure what RO (Reverse Osmosis?) is in the soil context. When you flushed all of the Salts were washed out along with most of the microbes that were active leaving behind the hard minerals like Dolomite Lime (calcium and magnesium) . There is ample calcium in your water at 197 PPM and you have added more to a pot that may only have calcium and magnesium in it? There is just no way to know what is in the pot? At this stage you should just give a 50% strength Balanced Bloom nutrient with a dose of Recharge using distilled or RO WATER. Stop adding calcium but you may need some Mg. It is very hard to get the balance back in the pot.

RO is Roots Organic soil. Green Fields. 50-50 with Fox Farms Happy Frog. I can add, I use Seaweed but did not add this time. Plan to add on next watering. Thanks for the heads up on flushing. I've been reading some people flush every 3 feeds. Since I am on the lower end of the PPM measure for 8 weeks I have Roots Organic Terp Tea Bloom. I will add a teaspoon of the tea to a gallon of water with the Sea Weed 2-4 ml. Does that sound like a good course to proceed on? This is a 2nd grow for me. I rushed feeding thinking I was behind. I've been off on this strain as only this seed popped out of 3.

The product in the pot is GH. I looked at the recharge package and between General Hydroponics and the Terp Tea, I have those ingredients. in the pot once I add the Terp Tea. Also, the Advanced Products I used should promote living soil. (I had planned to go hydro, but changed my mind to soil, thus trying to use up stuff to continue.) Also, I am reading and referring to your nutrition guide. This is just a problem grow I created and trying to solve.

Last edited:

Thanks!

It's been several days and things look OK. Leaves are still yellowing but buds started getting thicker. IMO this plant is not going to be the same experience as with the Gorilla Glue. It's a different strain. I have watered 2 times since adding the microbes and boost. I will continue with the feed schedule. I am thinking, if I have counted the days correctly, I will be going over time and watch it at 10-11-12 weeks. I'll be honest, I'll be glad when I am out of the GC seeds. I am germinating 2 LSD and one is above ground from ILGM for 3 once I get the dream out of the tent. Pictures coming. 3 3g pots may allow foe a 5 g where I am thinking of trying a Blueberry Dream or Super Lemon haze for my sativa stash.

Back