coolno9

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Problem:
Looks like multiple deficiencies. Suspecting lockout

Medium/grow method:
Fox Farms Cream of the Crop 50/50 coco perlite

Feed: and supplements used:
Currently GH Flora micro and bloom half strength (3ml and 4.5ml respectively) H3ad formula, with extra .75g raw vit b epsom, and .5g gypsum. all amounts per gallon

water source:
RO that reads 0ppm on my meter

Strain/age:
Multiple, all Mephisto Genetics: Plant 1: Et Munchies, Plant 2: (3 Bears OG X Samsquanch) x Samsquanch, Plants 3 & 4: Jedi Mind Juice

light used:
Mars Hydro FC-E6500

Climate:
76-79deg F 60% humidity

Additional info: All PPM amounts are on 500 scale

Before Planting I ran some water through the coco to test for pH and runoff ppm. Unsure if I got a bad bag, but runoff ppms were astronomically high, iirc over 4000ppm. Flushed half a river of tap through it until I got runoff down to ~350ppm which is the amount coming out of municipal tap water here, hence why I am using RO. After this I put 5 gal of 5.8 pH 400ppm of only GH Cal-mag RO water through each pot, ppms and pH matched input at the end.

I started this grow using a self calculated version of Man o Green's Megacrop 2 part spreadsheet from his latest grow. First I took the flushed pots and put a ~300ppm dose of nutrients through, allowed to drain, then planted seedlings that were sprouted in Root Riot's. Through the weeks I followed the spreadsheet, upping doses etc until I was at like 700ppm inputs, watering 1 quart 2x per day. Things were going well mostly until I noticed all but plant 2 getting pretty dark green and some slight tip burn. In mog's 2 part MC thread someone suggested in coco I should be lowering K by 50ppm and raising Ca by 50ppm. I did the calculations and fed my adjusted amounts for a week. Plants entered flower, so I readjusted my feed to try and produce a 2-1-3 npk with extra cal and mag. Blend was adjusted to ~600ppm Numbers seemed fine, but plants only worsened. All this time I've been checking runoff every watering, never had a large swing in either pH or ppm. PH was always near input, ppms were always within +200 of input, which cocoforcannabis.com says is ok on their guides.

Seeing the plants continue to go downhill, now showing signs of deficiencies of calcium, magnesium, maybe sulfur or iron, and one just overall less green, I suspected my nutrient blend was not balanced, and I have lockout. A week ago I decided to change to a more proven method to take my calculations out of the picture, so I switched to H3ad's formula GH micro and bloom with added cal mag from raw vitamin b epsom and gypsum, lowering the input to 500ppm (1ec) over the course of a few days, and watering more per fertigation to try and gently flush salts from the coco. Am I doing things right? It's been like 3 days at 500ppm input and the plants are not looking any better, maybe even worse. I've also raised my light thinking possible light burn. Have I been reacting correctly? What should I do from here?

Edit: forgot to say, plants are currently at day 40 :)
Edit 2: Also I was not recommended to run MoG's MC 2 part formulas at any point before or during grow, it was completely my decision. His formula was stopped when plants started looking overfed, then it was my calculations based on Renfro elemental ppm calculator spreadsheet.

Attachments

• Plant1a.jpg
    Plant1a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • Plant4c.jpg
    Plant4c.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Plant4b.jpg
    Plant4b.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • Plant4a.jpg
    Plant4a.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • Plant3c.jpg
    Plant3c.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • Plant3b.jpg
    Plant3b.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Plant3a.jpg
    Plant3a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Plant2lowerleaf.jpg
    Plant2lowerleaf.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • Plant2b.jpg
    Plant2b.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • Plant2a.jpg
    Plant2a.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 18
  • Plant1lowerleaf.jpg
    Plant1lowerleaf.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Plant1c.jpg
    Plant1c.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • Plant1b.jpg
    Plant1b.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I tried to get a better picture of tops of plant 1 and 4 to show color and shape of leaves.

Edit: Had a friend come over tonight that has one of those fancy apogee light meters. pretty sure I was frying the tops with my light, after the adjustments I did previously I was still giving them 50 DLI, so we turned it down even more. Will watch for a few days for changes and update if problems persist

Attachments

• Plant1top.jpg
    Plant1top.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Plant4top.jpg
    Plant4top.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Checking back in after a few days. Lowering the light intensity has greatly slowed, maybe even stopped the yellowing edges of the top leaves, so that's good news. There are still a few things here and there, the bigger, more sativa structured Jedi Mind Juice seems to be a little sensitive to nutes. The Samsquanch freebie is a slow beast, and maybe needs more nutes than the rest, stretch has just begun, plant is still less green than the others, and has a bit of stem striping going on. The 2nd Jedi Mind Juice is a bushy branchy girl, and having some rust colored spots, maybe calcium from nitrogen sensitivity?
Anyways, these problems don't seem nearly as bad as before, I think I can work through this til the end, thinking another 1-2 months to go from earliest girl to slowest. Here's some pics from today.

Attachments

• Plant2Stripes.jpg
    Plant2Stripes.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Plant3newA.jpg
    Plant3newA.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • Plant3newB.jpg
    Plant3newB.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Plant4RustSpots.jpg
    Plant4RustSpots.jpg