Cannabinoid Efficacy Chart

Thanks for posting this. Invaluable piece of information for a grower

I have been able to find supporting scientific studies for most of the CBD claims in the charts some of them are more anecdotal then random blind testing. Until the government legalizes cannabis studies will continue to be hard to come by. Now for something I believe and have no actual studies to prove it one way or another. I believe that it is a synergistic activity with all of the cannabinoids together that makes the best medicine. Isolating CBD, THC etc. may point to the primary activities of a single cannabinoid but the whole plant together is the best medicine.

Ok let the flogging begin..............

I have been able to find supporting scientific studies for most of the CBD claims in the charts some of them are more anecdotal then random blind testing. Until the government legalizes cannabis studies will continue to be hard to come by. Now for something I believe and have no actual studies to prove it one way or another. I believe that it is a synergistic activity with all of the cannabinoids together that makes the best medicine. Isolating CBD, THC etc. may point to the primary activities of a single cannabinoid but the whole plant together is the best medicine.

Yes, as you note, there is high variability in essentially all human studies and reports concerning cannabinoids. And I think we can all agree that we are not talking about 'efficacy' as defined by FDA and the Big Pharma-dominated medical establishment (as I pointed out). So then, what is it?

This is cited as a "Cannabinoid Efficacy Chart." What does cannabinoid "efficacy" mean within the medical cannabis community? If something is 'effective,' what does that mean in terms of advice to patients (such as should they supplement or stop/replace their prescribed drugs)? Does cannabinoid 'efficacy' really mean a preparation might alleviate some symptoms in some patients some of the time, that the preparation is expected to have a decent chance of helping a patient's condition if tried?

Last edited:

Using a search engine isn't going to cover the bases very well on these things MoG. Many of the studies are published in more obscure, specialized medical journals, buried deep in the listings, some not available to the public, or offer very limited access too them (like just the Abstract!)... They are often written in a such a way that assumes the reader has the body of knowledge already to understand all the jargon, testing/methodology, etc.,.. peer group to peer group.
Dad (after he passed) got this great CME (Continuing Medical Education) course book in the mail that had an awesome review for Doctors to get caught up on current research on cannabinoids, endocannabinoid receptors, etc.,... but I had to have my OR nurse brother walk me through things because this was meant for Dr.'s to read only... Research papers and things like this don't bother with remedial stuff, right? :dizzy::rofl:.... So, make no conclusions based on what you didn't find, this kind and depth of digging is something other folks can make career out of practically! You have to have the right connections, info bases, experience,... If you have cannabis oriented MD's locally, maybe get with one of them. My local Doc is a pioneer in this, she was worth every dime of the recommendation $$ I spent back in the day! :rofl: She also liked to get samples - :eyebrows:....
She brought up the points you make about synergistics, and inherent high degree of difficulty in testing this by proper scientific methods,... it magnifies the degree of difficulty to absurd levels, beyond anything practical, and besides, they always want to work with pure compounds first because they need to have that baseline of info about them,... But everybody knows, and research is proving that they very often work better in conjunction than alone - :rolleyes2:
Like I said, the charts are a just reference point, as always the devil is in the details,.. which can be a SOB to find! I bet most places would be happy to offer info sources though, for the asking....

Using a search engine isn't going to cover the bases very well on these things MoG. Many of the studies are published in more obscure, specialized medical journals, buried deep in the listings, some not available to the public, or offer very limited access too them (like just the Abstract!)... They are often written in a such a way that assumes the reader has the body of knowledge already to understand all the jargon, testing/methodology, etc.,.. peer group to peer group.
Dad (after he passed) got this great CME (Continuing Medical Education) course book in the mail that had an awesome review for Doctors to get caught up on current research on cannabinoids, endocannabinoid receptors, etc.,... but I had to have my OR nurse brother walk me through things because this was meant for Dr.'s to read only... Research papers and things like this don't bother with remedial stuff, right? :dizzy::rofl:.... So, make no conclusions based on what you didn't find, this kind and depth of digging is something other folks can make career out of practically! You have to have the right connections, info bases, experience,... If you have cannabis oriented MD's locally, maybe get with one of them. My local Doc is a pioneer in this, she was worth every dime of the recommendation $$ I spent back in the day! :rofl: She also liked to get samples - :eyebrows:....
She brought up the points you make about synergistics, and inherent high degree of difficulty in testing this by proper scientific methods,... it magnifies the degree of difficulty to absurd levels, beyond anything practical, and besides, they always want to work with pure compounds first because they need to have that baseline of info about them,... But everybody knows, and research is proving that they very often work better in conjunction than alone - :rolleyes2:
Like I said, the charts are a just reference point, as always the devil is in the details,.. which can be a SOB to find! I bet most places would be happy to offer info sources though, for the asking....
I know what you mean about reading scholarly papers. I know how to read, read, read them and then of course re-read it :doh:. Often the language used is specific to the field Blah, blah blah.....................Huhhh. If it is not too obscure a topic scholar.google.com can get you some good stuff. If I don't understand the abstract, I go right to the conclusion. If I understand the conclusion I go back and skim the body of the work. If I don't understand any of it I go to bed because I have had enough Dabs.png.

Annnddd, the bugger of it is (at least in my present excessive state of recent red wine sipping) that most of these inaccessible research papers were at least partially generated with public funding of some kind. Call me naive, unrealistic, or insufficiently stoned, but there is no F##*^ing way public funding should be provided unless research data is public. I said data, not published studies. As in the actual F^%O*&ing numbers, not someone else's potentially biased interpretation of them.

Perhaps I should settle down and head down to the stash. :mrgreen:

:crying: I picture you and MoG as the two surly old fart muppets on the balcony!
1587353665108.png
:haha::haha::haha:

Me,, surly? Well, maybe at times. :biggrin: But I have lots more hair, even if it is almost the same color.

At any rate, you brought a smile to my morning coffee, thanks. :thanks:

there's a bunch of kids alive today because of cbd's effect on seizures, anecdotal but i think we can put a check mark on that one eh? how many thousands of years of anecdotal evidence do we have on hemp?

Back