Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome

She has been smoking for a while and definitely has built up a tolerance. She said she was going to stop smoking for 2 weeks. She already smoked next morning lol. But apparently if it is CHS it should get better within a day or two of abstinence.

I'm going to try and help her stop for at least a few days and see if it helps, if not then I'll have her try pregnancy test, and if that's not it than maybe try and rule out neem?
Sorry to hear about your wife's problem, good luck getting things sorted.

One of the biggest reasons I decided to grow my own was the risk of this syndrome or other problems caused by neem or other crap growers use to control pests. If you grow yer own, ya know what is in it...

Stay safe, and I hope you and your wife get her problem sorted soon. :pighug:

Sorry to hear about your wife's problem, good luck getting things sorted.

One of the biggest reasons I decided to grow my own was the risk of this syndrome or other problems caused by neem or other crap growers use to control pests. If you grow yer own, ya know what is in it...

Stay safe, and I hope you and your wife get her problem sorted soon. :pighug:

She isn't pregnant so that's not it. Almost wondering if it's related to her back issue and or migraines.

Going to try and have her take hot shower during next flare up

Just curious if anyone here has heard of this or had experience with it?

Hoping not but my significant other hasnt been feeling well lately and is nauseous and vomiting a lot. She is going to stop smoking for 2 weeks starting tomorrow to see if it helps.

It's very very real. I worked retail at a cannabis shop for a while and ended up sampling everything that came through the door. I was hitting a dab rig at a rate that would make crackheads blush. I eventually developed both physical and mental health problems due to overuse. I have known many people who have also overdone it with cannabis and had to dial back to stop symptoms.

Considering the fact CHS is proven to exist, I will not be consulting doctor google for a cherry picked second opinion. It's cause by pot, not neem.

Let's try not to forget the difference between I want it to be true, and it is true.

Just thought I would update.
Ruling out smoking as culprit since she was still smoking today with no nausea. She has had migraine all day and back pain so those can't be cause either most likely.
The only difference today from other days is she hasn't eaten at all. So from here I guess it's a slow game of adding foods one at a time to see what she can eat and what may be causing the issues.

CHS and CVS are very similar I am going through the same thing right now I get violently sick off and on months to weeks can go bye with no symptoms then all of a sudden Im sick as a dog and a hot shower is the only thing that makes me feel better... I just had an argument with a doctor yesterday about this CHS I was told their is no testing that can be done and the only treatment is to stop using cannabis all together ( not real sure im willing to do that) Diarrhea is the only symptom I get that does not line up with the CHS and does fit the Chronic Vomiting Syndrome both are very similar and the only difference to ur doctor is if you tell him you use marijuana.... I have spent hours researching it online and I dont know what to think. Its said that its becoming more prevalent because of higher THC in the marijuana but from what Ive read its the CBG that causes the irritation to the stomach bye messing with the CB1 receptor in your brain... It sucks their is not much info about this out their and no one is looking into a remedy for it as I can tell yet. CHS or CVS whichever it is sucks bad noting like being perfectly healthy 99% of the time and dieing for a whole day for absolutely no reason... Hot showers or super hot baths really help me drink as much water as you can because dehydration looks to be the real threat in this..... Im still not sold that I have a super rare disease that is super new that really came out about 2009 the fist case I seen was in 2004 in australia

Just thought I would update.
Ruling out smoking as culprit since she was still smoking today with no nausea. She has had migraine all day and back pain so those can't be cause either most likely.
The only difference today from other days is she hasn't eaten at all. So from here I guess it's a slow game of adding foods one at a time to see what she can eat and what may be causing the issues.
Check out Chronic Vomiting Syndrome as migraines and a family history of migraines are a part of that diagnoses. Ive been a heavy user of marijuana for almost 25 years now and just out of the blue about 4 years ago started getting sick Ill go weeks to months with no issues then boom super sick to my stomach my body temp actually drops to about 95 deg F and I get super cold but my body just pumps out the sweat. Ill vomit for a solid 24 hrs straight then just as quickly as I became sick im fine again....Good luck to you both here with this.

Just curious if anyone here has heard of this or had experience with it?

Hoping not but my significant other hasnt been feeling well lately and is nauseous and vomiting a lot. She is going to stop smoking for 2 weeks starting tomorrow to see if it helps.
I suffer from this bud and it sucks!!! I would get sick like clockwork every 3 months and always wakes me up sick at like 4-5am Been to the ER multiple times. Sometimes I puke and it's over, sometimes I am on the toilet for a while and have stomach pain, twice I have been sick for over a week. This is very real treat it ad such. I have never used neem oil on my plants so it ain't that. This started a few months after I started growing, been over 4yrs now. Took me a while to admit it but its definitely from cannabis. I have found that I was smoking to much of high potency bud. I used to do anywhere from 15 to 25 dabs a day and I would take rosin gummies every night. I got sick at the end of July and had enough. I was done, was ready to stop toking. And then I read some stuff and started putting info together. I use to smoke everyday, but it was after work with a bowl and then after everyone would got to sleep. No problems ever until I was smoking homegrown that was way stronger that what I would buy. I read that it's from long time use, but you were less likely to have issue if it was lower thc. So I stop dabs went back to my bowl and EQ Extreme vape, stopped edibles. I was pounding my body(digestive system) with loads of high potency thc all day and night. All those dabs were to much and then strong ass gummies every night. I read that they believe it can mess with digestive system and make you nauseous instead of curing it. Everything I read about it checked every box for me. I stopped using so much through out the day, and went to dry herb vape(less thc than dabs) and have been fine now for almost 4 month now. I am not a doctor so dont take this as proven medical advice, just from 1 person to another that deals with this it may help. I am now look for strains with less thc to grow. I have heard folks say cbd can do same thing, so I look at total cannabinoids thc and cbd. I got some HSO blue dream auto that is low. I still mix some rosin with bud in vape sometimes and have been good. For me using less had been working so far. I hope this helps her out I totally feel her pain. Vomiting for a week+ sucks no way around it. In case she is unaware hit showers/baths help a lot normally take nueasia away while in shower. Heating pad on stomach helps as well as capsaicin creams. Good luck let me know if you have any other questions.

Thought I would update. She still gets nauseous a lot but has found if she doesn't eat certain things it's not nearly as bad. So I'm not thinking it's marijuana related or at least sole cause.

I am not familiar with CHS. I am very familiar with food allergies. There is no way you will be able to determine which food is causing a problem by simple elimination from the diet other than something with an immediate reaction. Some foods can cause a problem 3 days after you ate it and not before. The testing is about $1400. and is not covered by most insurance? Mine does not cover it but it is the best money I have spent. I got my testing done through the IBS Treatment Center in Seattle WA. It can be done over the phone but I went there the first time. The latest round of testing determined that I am gluten intolerant on top of being allergic to anything from the bovine family.

This is what it looks like. This is just a sample.

ScreenHunter_305 Nov. 08 20.29.jpgScreenHunter_304 Nov. 08 20.27.jpg
:goodluck:

Thought I would update. She still gets nauseous a lot but has found if she doesn't eat certain things it's not nearly as bad. So I'm not thinking it's marijuana related or at least sole cause.

We had a girl at our commercial grow (before my time) that broke out HARD in a rash around the plants, and the only allergy she had was to poultry (like chickens and feathered birds.) At the time, the grow was using something that had feather meal in it, and they suspected it was THAT that caused her to break out. And who knows how much of whatever that is makes it into the bud, onto the bud, etc.

Back