Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome

AFNG

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here has heard of this or had experience with it?

Hoping not but my significant other hasnt been feeling well lately and is nauseous and vomiting a lot. She is going to stop smoking for 2 weeks starting tomorrow to see if it helps.

I had a problem that the er doc said that's most likely why I've been getting sick I've done my own tests and so have a few docs now and cannibis isn't my issue my cortisol and my sed rate are higher than they should be this causes me to get violently ill for sometimes a day or a week so if I were u I would be looking into your symptoms for me I stumbled on to adrenal disease/problems and read all the symptoms and it was a match so I told my doctor to test my sed and cortisol levels and for once I was listened to. I found narcotics(opiates) can cause this for me ever since I cut wat was prescribed in half and actually upped my cannibis intake I haven't been sick in almost a yr I think July or August will make it a yr exactly. The 2nd to last time I was sick only took 26days to end up back in the hospital and I haven't been sick since I felt wierd some days but not puking ect. I hope u guys get things figured out soon as possible as I don't wish this kind of shit on people I don't even like lol it's the worst it's such a helpless feeling to not be able to function at all bc how sick u are. Anyway sending good vibes and karma ur guys way.

I've seen a lot of literature try to put neem oil as a possible culprit for CHS.

Know this much at least, cannabis can be an ALLERGEN. That's right, you can be full blown allergic to weed, like how some people are allergic to strawberries, tomatoes, or even certain types of grasses. I've worked with people that break out in a full blown rash when they touch the plant. My face/neck get incredibly red and itchy even when I'm neck and neck with some of the plants I work with at work (plus I'm finding out how serrated cannabis leaves really are, the mystique of having sex in a field of cannabis plants wears off quick when you realize how badly leaves can cut the shit out of your skin lol!)

Where are you sourcing your cannabis? Is it home grown? From a buddy? Dealer? Black market? Legal market?

For last couple weeks she has been smoking a vape cartridge. I forget the "brand" though. I want to say angel is part of it or something similar. She thinks the issues started before that though and before cartridge she was smoking flower. So problem persists despite two different sources of cannabis.

For last couple weeks she has been smoking a vape cartridge. I forget the "brand" though. I want to say angel is part of it or something similar. She thinks the issues started before that though and before cartridge she was smoking flower. So problem persists despite two different sources of cannabis.
I don't honestly this that cannabis is the culprit for the issues it can how ever cause underlying problems to be much more apparent such as high blood pressure ect so that is something to look into. From my understanding this canniniod hyperemises syndrome has to due with a certain level of cannabinoids building up then ur body attacks it thinking it's like an infection or virus hence the ill feeling and it can range in intensity. I no for me being even on a small amount of opiates and smoking to much will cause digestive issues for me either one by themselves is fine. I only smoke concentrates when I do smoke but I'm finding that eating it makes me able to dose where I need without negitive effects. The older I get the more dosing properly is a thing when I was 15 yrs younger I never got anxious never nausea or anything negative but now it's very different. Also I've seen people take a hit before turn ghost white an pass out and when they woke back up they were not feeling so hot so I've seen things happen but generally with something that's smoked its going to give you the good the bad and the ugly almost immediately so if she feels worse @ night / after using then I could see the correlation but as I stated 2 sources. How long has she had the problem and how long has she been smoking?

I've seen a lot of literature try to put neem oil as a possible culprit for CHS.

Know this much at least, cannabis can be an ALLERGEN. That's right, you can be full blown allergic to weed, like how some people are allergic to strawberries, tomatoes, or even certain types of grasses. I've worked with people that break out in a full blown rash when they touch the plant. My face/neck get incredibly red and itchy even when I'm neck and neck with some of the plants I work with at work (plus I'm finding out how serrated cannabis leaves really are, the mystique of having sex in a field of cannabis plants wears off quick when you realize how badly leaves can cut the shit out of your skin lol!)

Where are you sourcing your cannabis? Is it home grown? From a buddy? Dealer? Black market? Legal market?
Was just going to type this, many CHS diagnosis are incorrect and the culprit is neem poisoning.

It is like hairpiece on de head!!!

Remember that line from Cheech & Chong??

I don't honestly this that cannabis is the culprit for the issues it can how ever cause underlying problems to be much more apparent such as high blood pressure ect so that is something to look into. From my understanding this canniniod hyperemises syndrome has to due with a certain level of cannabinoids building up then ur body attacks it thinking it's like an infection or virus hence the ill feeling and it can range in intensity. I no for me being even on a small amount of opiates and smoking to much will cause digestive issues for me either one by themselves is fine. I only smoke concentrates when I do smoke but I'm finding that eating it makes me able to dose where I need without negitive effects. The older I get the more dosing properly is a thing when I was 15 yrs younger I never got anxious never nausea or anything negative but now it's very different. Also I've seen people take a hit before turn ghost white an pass out and when they woke back up they were not feeling so hot so I've seen things happen but generally with something that's smoked its going to give you the good the bad and the ugly almost immediately so if she feels worse @ night / after using then I could see the correlation but as I stated 2 sources. How long has she had the problem and how long has she been smoking?

She has been smoking for a while and definitely has built up a tolerance. She said she was going to stop smoking for 2 weeks. She already smoked next morning lol. But apparently if it is CHS it should get better within a day or two of abstinence.

I'm going to try and help her stop for at least a few days and see if it helps, if not then I'll have her try pregnancy test, and if that's not it than maybe try and rule out neem?

She has been smoking for a while and definitely has built up a tolerance. She said she was going to stop smoking for 2 weeks. She already smoked next morning lol. But apparently if it is CHS it should get better within a day or two of abstinence.

I'm going to try and help her stop for at least a few days and see if it helps, if not then I'll have her try pregnancy test, and if that's not it than maybe try and rule out neem?
That's a good plan just make sure there is the least amount of variables. Also ur body changes every 7yrs she maybe allergic to something my girl has so many molds,mildews,red meat,pollen ect it keeps going but the point is about 10yrs ago if she had these they didn't start to bother her till a few years ago when she started getting sick randomly now we no to stay away from that stuff. Anyway I really hope u guys can figure it out I know how it is getting violently ill and not no why and it's terrible sending good vibes and karma ur way.

Back