Extraction Cannabis Powder

Not the OP, but this post describes using an instant pot for decarb and infusion. I've used a non-Instant Pot pressure cooker, and that looks right to me. I've also made the MCT oil / maltodextrin powder, it stores well in the freezer and it's pretty easy to measure consistently. I like a tsp or two in yogurt. For me it works on a more typical timeline, taking 45m-1h to feel it and so on.
Many Thanks PT.

This is a great Link… Hippie Sue…

@runxtc Hi thanks for the post, Can you also do a breakdow/description of the Decarbonisation and infusion With instant pot? Please :smoking:
Here is a link to a person using the Instant Pot to decarb and infuse. 40 minutes at high pressure for the decarb. Note the color after: Just as you would expect from the oven or an expensive machine. I actually bought a decarber, but after I got it I decided to try the Instant Pot. I sent the decarber back. The powder also stretches you infused product. I did 1/3 cup yesterday and ended up with 7 oz of powder. The only thing I advise is making it by blending multiple strains based on effects you are seeking. I will also keep different strain versions to hinder tolerance issues. The person in the link below infuses for 30 minutes. I think I did 70, but don't remember. Start with the person in the vids advice then experiment. Decarb and Infused Cannabis in Instant Pot - YouTube

P.S. I used a strain called LSD. It has high THC and maybe 3 % CBD. I use this medicinally to ease into and out of the day. The powder takes effect in as little as 10-15 minutes. The next one I do will be Blue Dream, then Black Mamba from Photo Fems.

Last edited:
Here is a link to a person using the Instant Pot to decarb and infuse. 40 minutes at high pressure for the decarb. Note the color after: Just as you would expect from the oven or an expensive machine. I actually bought a decarber, but after I got it I decided to try the Instant Pot. I sent the decarber back. The powder also stretches you infused product. I did 1/3 cup yesterday and ended up with 7 oz of powder. The only thing I advise is making it by blending multiple strains based on effects you are seeking. I will also keep different strain versions to hinder tolerance issues. The person in the link below infuses for 30 minutes. I think I did 70, but don't remember. Start with the person in the vids advice then experiment. Decarb and Infused Cannabis in Instant Pot - YouTube

P.S. I used a strain called LSD. It has high THC and maybe 3 % CBD. I use this medicinally to ease into and out of the day. The powder takes effect in as little as 10-15 minutes. The next one I do will be Blue Dream, then Black Mamba from Photo Fems.
Thanks @runxtc I am unable to view the video unfortunately, Used to really love watching YouTube vids on Canna and many thing, but unfortunately here it is now age restricted unless you are prepared to provide your personal details. The date along with everything you view is then harvested.
I have never had social media access either as I understand it they are now all in partnership with Google As one huge database..
it’s a real shame there is no longer a free media platform outside..the Big Data harvester’s
:pass:

I use my Instapot pretty much the same way. I don't bother with paper filters a fine wire strainer does good enough it gets the bulk of the plant and I just live with the bits.

What I am trying to understand is why you can't decarb and extract at the same time

What I am trying to understand is why you can't decarb and extract at the same time
I think you can, though you would probably have to experiment with the overall timing. I've seen posts where people have done that before and got good results, though I haven't tried yet myself.

Thanks @runxtc I am unable to view the video unfortunately, Used to really love watching YouTube vids on Canna and many thing, but unfortunately here it is now age restricted unless you are prepared to provide your personal details. The date along with everything you view is then harvested.
I have never had social media access either as I understand it they are now all in partnership with Google As one huge database..
it’s a real shame there is no longer a free media platform outside..the Big Data harvester’s
:pass:
Try this. This is what I first used after searching around. It has timing for CBD and CBG as well. How To Decarb In An Instant Pot (No Smell Method) » Emily Kyle Nutrition A big reason I use the instant pot is small batches under 3 cups oil. I do have an infuser but it has a 3 cup minimum. I sometimes make a lot on an 8-hour timer when I have a quantity for it. Blue Dream maybe.

Try this. This is what I first used after searching around. It has timing for CBD and CBG as well. How To Decarb In An Instant Pot (No Smell Method) » Emily Kyle Nutrition A big reason I use the instant pot is small batches under 3 cups oil. I do have an infuser but it has a 3 cup minimum. I sometimes make a lot on an 8-hour timer when I have a quantity for it. Blue Dream maybe.
Thanks very much, I also have all the equipment to hand for this one. The blog is a very clear and simple process to follow.
Do you have any view on decarboxylation v non decarboxylation when making tincutur’s? I have experience with both but looking for options..
Thanks..

Thanks very much, I also have all the equipment to hand for this one. The blog is a very clear and simple process to follow.
Do you have any view on decarboxylation v non decarboxylation when making tincutur’s? I have experience with both but looking for options..
Thanks..
No. Not really. I am pretty new to growing weed. I am in Virginia, so never got too involved. It's funny, I am a 65 year old seeking to learn a 3rd career in the Cannabis Industry so I am trying to suck up everything I can learn. I used to prefer eating weed before I knew about decarboxylation. I would catch a buzz but I have been improving effects from oils and tinctures since June. VA was legalized in July of 2021. The only problem here is the 4 plant limit. I have dedicated a bedroom and 2 small tents to growing autos and now learning photoperiod starting with Blue Dream and Black Mamba to start. My current interest is raising mother plants to maintain pantry inventory and specialize in growing and perfecting outcomes with specific strains

Last edited:
Back