Extraction Cannabis Powder

runxtc

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
I made Cannabis Powder for the first time. Starting with an Instant Pot, I decarboxylated 14 grams of LSD Autoflower featuring high THC and 2-5 % CBD. Using the same Instant Pot infused 14 grams with 1 cup MCT/Coconut oil for 4-6 hours with 1 teaspoon lecithin. When this was finished I added MaltoDextrin powder to 1/4 cup of the oil under it and mixed until it assumed a slightly clumping powdery consistency.

I didn't really believe it at first, but this product as-is is available to the body in 15-20 minutes. I feel it at ten. The buzz is smooth and without the rush of smoking. Even with Indica leaning strains and hybrids, I knock out chores. I am not sure why it works faster yet, but I am considering the High Glycemic sugar molecule chains may be responsible. If you have diabetes look for a light up-tick in glucose reading.

Next, I have a new auto for me called Ringo's Gift a 1:1 THC CBD version. 17%. I imagine I will eventually keep multiple strain powders to enable blending strains.

At 14 G per cup of oil, the powder stretches it out pretty far to where I am dosing 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 tablespoon is how I am using it with coffee, Huel Meal Replacement shakes, smoothies and I just read you can add to gummies. The powder may reduce Gummy sweating and solve for them not setting up correctly. (So shall we read. LOL )

Look up uses for MaltoDextrin to get an idea of how functional this product is.

20220109_092138.jpg

Last edited:
I made Cannabis Powder for the first time. Starting with an Instant Pot, I decarboxylated 14 grams of LSD Autoflower featuring high THC and 2-5 % CBD. Using the same Instant Pot infused 14 grams with 1 cup MCT/Coconut oil for 4-6 hours with 1 teaspoon lecithin. When this was finished I added MaltoDextrin powder to 1/4 cup of the oil under it and mixed until it assumed a slightly clumping powdery consistency.

I didn't really believe it at first, but this product as-is is available to the body in 15-20 minutes. I feel it at ten. The buzz is smooth and without the rush of smoking. Even with Indica leaning strains and hybrids, I knock out chores. I am not sure why it works faster yet, but I am considering the High Glycemic sugar molecule chains may be responsible. If you have diabetes look for a light up-tick in glucose reading.

Next, I have a new auto for me called Ringo's Gift a 1:1 THC CBD version. 17%. I imagine I will eventually keep multiple strain powders to enable blending strains.

At 14 G per cup of oil, the powder stretches it out pretty far to where I am dosing 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 tablespoon is how I am using it with coffee, Huel Meal Replacement shakes, smoothies and I just read you can add to gummies. The powder may reduce Gummy sweating and not set up correctly. (So shall we read. LOL )

Look up uses for MAltoDextrin to get an idea of how functional this product is.

View attachment 1406217
Have you tried an MCT tincture without the maltodextrin? MCT is highly absorbable, so that might also contribute to the speed of the high.

Nice find on the Instant Pot. Had we purchased ours earlier, I might not have bothered with my converted slow cooker. That thing is a super design and I suspect does everything needed for decarb and infusion. The heat control is, if not full PID, quite sophisticated and effective. The yogurt setting does not even result in sticking to the bottom of the pot. :pighug:

I should add: Smoking bud alongside this enhances both. At least it seems to increase the length of the vaped or smoked bud and intensity. Pretty pleasant when smoking too much of this LSD strain was a bit overwhelming over time. More like medicine. As a powder it is quite nice. As an ingredient D.L Jardines Texas Chile it becomes 'Special.'

Have you tried an MCT tincture without the maltodextrin? MCT is highly absorbable, so that might also contribute to the speed of the high.

Nice find on the Instant Pot. Had we purchased ours earlier, I might not have bothered with my converted slow cooker. That thing is a super design and I suspect does everything needed for decarb and infusion. The heat control is, if not full PID, quite sophisticated and effective. The yogurt setting does not even result in sticking to the bottom of the pot. :pighug:
Yes. I always use MCT and from there mix with Coconut if low on supplies. I have used MCT with a few strains but this powder was or is faster for me. On the Instant Pot, I ordered the popular decarber and sent it back. The instant pot keeps the same internal temp as the ardent or whatever brand it was.

Yes. I always use MCT and from there mix with Coconut if low on supplies. I have used MCT with a few strains but this powder was or is faster for me. On the Instant Pot, I ordered the popular decarber and sent it back. The instant pot keeps the same internal temp as the ardent or whatever brand it was.
+1 twice or three times over on the Intstant Pot. That thing is the best addition to our kitchen in decades. Genius design capable of damn near anything one can think up for consistent heat control over a specified time. If anything happens to my DIY PID alternative, the Instant Pot will be doing my decarb and infusion as well as my yogurt, slow cooking, pressure cooking, sauteing, etc. Slow cooked pork roast last night and tonight, kefir in the fridge from a "yogurt" session earlier. Amazing device, and really nice to see someone confirming my expectations that it would do decarb and infusion as well. :pighug:

+1 twice or three times over on the Intstant Pot. That thing is the best addition to our kitchen in decades. Genius design capable of damn near anything one can think up for consistent heat control over a specified time. If anything happens to my DIY PID alternative, the Instant Pot will be doing my decarb and infusion as well as my yogurt, slow cooking, pressure cooking, sauteing, etc. Slow cooked pork roast last night and tonight, kefir in the fridge from a "yogurt" session earlier. Amazing device, and really nice to see someone confirming my expectations that it would do decarb and infusion as well. :pighug:
I see people running it a little longer. I learned when some manufacturers say they have 250-degree decarber you find digging deeper they run 230-235 in pot center. The one I bought said so in the specs. So, my best MCT oil infusion and decarb have been the Instant Pot. I decarbed 14 grams over a period of about 40 min in a Ball Jar for this powder. Set the jars in water halfway. It does get a decarbed tint to it. I did the infusion in slow cook mode for 8 hours I think. I'm an 'older fuzzier guy' sometimes.

Last edited:
I see people running it a little longer. I learned when some manufacturers say they have 250-degree decarber you find digging deeper they run 230-235 in pot center. The one I bought said so in the specs. So, my best MCT oil infusion and decarb have been the Instant Pot. I decarbed 14 grams over a period of about 40 min in a Ball Jar for this powder. Set the jars in water halfway. It does get a decarbed tint to it. I did the infusion in slow cook mode for 8 hours I think. I'm an 'older fuzzier guy' sometimes.
I haven't yet tried the unit for weed yet. For other mischief, I think I noticed that the "sou vide" setting on the unit would allow you to specify whatever temperature and time that you want, so full flexibility - but I haven't tried setting it up in that mode, so the time and temp limits might not work. For decarb, I would be tempted to simply use the unit as an oven with the ball jar supported off the bottom of the pot or use an oil bath instead of water. Keeping it in water would prevent the temps from getting above boiling, which as I recall is not ideal for decarb, but would be excellent for infusion. In an oil bath or oven setup, you could control the temp a bit higher.

Anyway, have fun with it, it sounds like you have found a great tool for our favorite hobby. :pighug: :biggrin:

I haven't yet tried the unit for weed yet. For other mischief, I think I noticed that the "sou vide" setting on the unit would allow you to specify whatever temperature and time that you want, so full flexibility - but I haven't tried setting it up in that mode, so the time and temp limits might not work. For decarb, I would be tempted to simply use the unit as an oven with the ball jar supported off the bottom of the pot or use an oil bath instead of water. Keeping it in water would prevent the temps from getting above boiling, which as I recall is not ideal for decarb, but would be excellent for infusion. In an oil bath or oven setup, you could control the temp a bit higher.

Anyway, have fun with it, it sounds like you have found a great tool for our favorite hobby. :pighug: :biggrin:
It is probably determined by time. Next heavy harvest I'll be all over it. :) I may have done it that way. I remember a decision point over the tops sealing wet and not dry. And you are right, boiling does not sound as effective as in a an oven. I did the pressure cooker and probably a longer time. I'll do pictures next time. OH! And my lids did seal. I remember popping them.

Last edited:
@runxtc Hi thanks for the post, Can you also do a breakdow/description of the Decarbonisation and infusion With instant pot? Please :smoking:

@runxtc Hi thanks for the post, Can you also do a breakdow/description of the Decarbonisation and infusion With instant pot? Please :smoking:
Not the OP, but this post describes using an instant pot for decarb and infusion. I've used a non-Instant Pot pressure cooker, and that looks right to me. I've also made the MCT oil / maltodextrin powder, it stores well in the freezer and it's pretty easy to measure consistently. I like a tsp or two in yogurt. For me it works on a more typical timeline, taking 45m-1h to feel it and so on.

Back