Dutch Passion CBD Kush vape report

This one is my wifes favourite strain so far. I do have major issues trying to manage the plant height since for me it seems to always like to strech to fill out my two meter high grow room so that there wont be enough room to hang my LED anyway reasonably. It always becomes a game of trying to bend and tie the plant down. I do top the plant usually between 4th and 5th node, or even 3rd and 4th.

You just cannot have your ms0006 even 10cm from the main buds without issues.

I am wondering what I am doing wrong when other people are not having issues with streching. I guess I have to finally try my nooby fingers with a SCROG. I have no idea how to bend a growing plant all around the net.

Might it just be that I am using DWC or does other factors like humidity affect it?

Anyway, I get reports from my wife that this really helps her MS -pain issues the best while not making her stoned. And to me it really freaking smells nice. I just cry when I try to grow this baby since she doesn't want to behave.

Last edited:
Cheers db...congrats on the blog also...:slap:

Thanks for the rep Duggy, appreciated as always. I was wondering if someone might stumble across the blog :grin: I have to admit I was pretty excited about the blog.

:slap:

That makes an Ol' Gal blush,but your bush looks nice and clean.

Hehe, thanks Grandma Roody and thanks for the laugh!!

This one is my wifes favourite strain so far. I do have major issues trying to manage the plant height since for me it seems to always like to strech to fill out my two meter high grow room so that there wont be enough room to hang my LED anyway reasonably. It always becomes a game of trying to bend and tie the plant down. I do top the plant usually between 4th and 5th node, or even 3rd and 4th.

You just cannot have your ms0006 even 10cm from the main buds without issues.

I am wondering what I am doing wrong when other people are not having issues with streching. I guess I have to finally try my nooby fingers with a SCROG. I have no idea how to bend a growing plant all around the net.

Might it just be that I am using DWC or does other factors like humidity affect it?

Anyway, I get reports from my wife that this really helps her MS -pain issues the best while not making her stoned. And to me it really freaking smells nice. I just cry when I try to grow this baby since she doesn't want to behave.

I'm glad to hear it works for your wife too. I think the CBD strains are excellent for people who are not so experienced users as it's a bit more mellow in addition to the benefits of higher CBD content. It's a wonderful thing to do for your wife. There are a few factors that affect stretch as far as I know. The distance to the light and the temperature difference between lights on and off. The higher the temperature is at lights on compared to off the more they will stretch. It's not so easy to control but make sure you have plenty of ventilation to keep the delta small.
If you're growing in DWC and doing it right the growth will also be more explosive. You could shorten the veg time a bit if you want to keep them smaller. I wouldn't be intimidated by the SCROG as once you start it will become pretty obvious how to do it. I was also a bit worried before my first grow but you just pull the shoots below once they're tall enough to reach the next square and keep doing that until you're close to the end of stretch. Sometimes it's a bit like a puzzle to figure out the best positioning but you can ususally pull them back under and repostion them if need be. The only tricky part is to decide a) when to flip them into flower (screen 1/2 to 2/3 full is a good guideline) and b) when to stop pulling them under. I usually stop training them once I see a ball of pistils at the top of the bud as that's usually towards the end of stretch. Since you have a bigger tent you can afford to let them go a bit earlier but try to keep the canopy somewhat even.
To give you an idea, the first picture below is taken at the day of the flip and the second one is after the end of stretch.

dirty-budster-albums-ortega-indica-cbd-kush-picture389423-141010-all.JPG

dirty-budster-albums-ortega-indica-cbd-kush-picture401285-141123-all.JPG

Awesome smoke report man. Its got great detail, thanks for the read.

Thanks a lot Grim, I'm glad you liked it!

Dirty Budster, thank you for your advice on the SCROG. I will definately try that next time! Is it generally better to top the plant for SCROG or just let it grow normally and just tie it to the screen as she grows?

As far as my wifey there goes, she could handle all the strongest stuff far better than anyone I know but no one wants to be buzzed all the time. Thats where this strain is just super excellent for her.

Thanks dirty budster. Was thinking about a scrog net but not had nurve to try it yet..is that just one plant?

Dirty Budster, thank you for your advice on the SCROG. I will definately try that next time! Is it generally better to top the plant for SCROG or just let it grow normally and just tie it to the screen as she grows?

As far as my wifey there goes, she could handle all the strongest stuff far better than anyone I know but no one wants to be buzzed all the time. Thats where this strain is just super excellent for her.

I've tried both with similar results. I think topping is good if you want to fill a larger screen with a single plant. I've thought about doing two plants topped once and let the two main shoots from each plant grow along the edges. You don't really need to tie it to the screen you just pull the plant under and it will push up against the screen keeping it in place. Although I do sometimes use twist ties towards the end to keep a bud in a certain position.
That's a good point sometimes you need to keep some functionality :grin: That's good that she can handle the strong stuff as well, I sometimes struggle with the stronger strains. I think it's a side effect of Lyme as well as I've heard other people with Lyme having similar experiences.

Thanks dirty budster. Was thinking about a scrog net but not had nurve to try it yet..is that just one plant?

Just go for it, it'll be fine, you may snap a stem or two in the beginning but they ususally heal with no problem. I had three plants in there. The original journal is here in case you're interested:

https://www.autoflower.org/f52/ortega-indica-cbd-kush-scrog-under-gn-rebel-36455.html

I've tried both with similar results. I think topping is good if you want to fill a larger screen with a single plant. I've thought about doing two plants topped once and let the two main shoots from each plant grow along the edges. You don't really need to tie it to the screen you just pull the plant under and it will push up against the screen keeping it in place. Although I do sometimes use twist ties towards the end to keep a bud in a certain position.

Thank you for your advice. I have no idea what it is like to have Lyme and I wish you all the best with it. It has been horrible enough with the symptoms of MS. I personally have my lower back always so busted up and had my knees so painfull I couldn't run for a year without intense pain. But my issues was just because I do work my body too freaking hard it breaks.. Guess I am becoming too old.

I wish Dutch Passion would do a proper autofem version of CBD Kush. That would be quite something! Meanwhile I am going to bravely SCROG my plants. Hey, I added you as a friend so we can keep taps on each other. Share any reports and tips on any GREAT medical strains for pain relief. I am trying to acquire some Grass-O-Matic MedGom1 -seeds and give them a go.

Is this working pretty well with your Lyme? I recently found out a friend has Lyme and now I'm researching more. Thanks, and great report!

Thank you for your advice. I have no idea what it is like to have Lyme and I wish you all the best with it. It has been horrible enough with the symptoms of MS. I personally have my lower back always so busted up and had my knees so painfull I couldn't run for a year without intense pain. But my issues was just because I do work my body too freaking hard it breaks.. Guess I am becoming too old.

I wish Dutch Passion would do a proper autofem version of CBD Kush. That would be quite something! Meanwhile I am going to bravely SCROG my plants. Hey, I added you as a friend so we can keep taps on each other. Share any reports and tips on any GREAT medical strains for pain relief. I am trying to acquire some Grass-O-Matic MedGom1 -seeds and give them a go.

Thanks man, I have no idea what it's like to live with MS although there is some overlap with Lyme symptoms. I've read about people who were initially diagnosed with MS only to later find out that they had Lyme. They don't call it the great imitator for nothing, it's easily confused with a bunch of other illnesses. Living with chronic illness/pain is not much fun and I wish you all the best as well.
Yeah, I agree with you a good autofem CBD rich strain would be awesome. I didn't get a friend request but I sent you one. Let me know if you get a hold of some MedGom seeds. Do you plan to do a journal on here?

Is this working pretty well with your Lyme? I recently found out a friend has Lyme and now I'm researching more. Thanks, and great report!

It really does help. Not only in dealing with the physical symptoms but it also helps keep you sane while dealing with all the crap long-term illness brings with it. Just to be able to relax for a few hours is priceless. Personally, I prefer a CBD rich strain as THC rich strains tend to make me more anxious whereas a CBD strain reduces the anxiety.
Tell him/her to start slow like with a hit or two. If you increase the dose too quickly it might make the symptoms worse. Not necessarily while you're stoned but the day after. I think it might be due to cannabis' anti-bacterial properties causing a so called Herxheimer reaction, which is when you kill the lyme bacteria they release a toxin that makes you feel even worse. You get the same effect the first days of taking anti-biotics. There was an interesting paper published on this topic a few years back: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/np8002673

I have also seen reports from people who say that they have greatly improved or gone into long term remission by taking cannabis oil/tinctures in larger amounts. From what I read you never really get rid of a long-term Lyme infection and the best you can hope for is to suppress the bacteria enough that the immune system can keep it in check but there is always a risk of relapse, sometimes years later. I plan to try this myself but it will be some months before I have any results.
Let me know if you have any specific questions, maybe I can help out. Just write me a PM. Good luck to your friend.

Last edited:
Back