Grow Room Cloudline s6 fan and controller 67

Big fan of AC Infinity products, excepting their lights.

Re. it won't work - I use a C69 Pro now and, IIRC, I've used the C67. If the devices have their UIS connector, they will work together. If you can't get things connected, call tech support. I've called them a couple of times and, in both cases, their staff were excellent.

Re don't "need" - The Controller 69's WiFi feature is incredible to those who can use what it offers. I'd pay double for it, gladly.

One reason I have that perspective is that I've been a "technologist" all of my life, going back to the 70's when I owned a Sinclair programmable calculator, was using the Internet years before HTML, and watched, from a distance, the home automation/consumer level electronics market bloom. It's staggering, to me anyway, but I'm an immigrant who grew up in a place where phone numbers had 5 digits. :)

The power of the C69 is immense, not it what it does but in what it let's you do. For $100±, a grower can control up to 8 devices that provide the heartbeat of his grow from anywhere in the world. Or he can just let the app do it, from anywhere in the world.

That's not important to people who don't want to use it or those, very rare cases where people truly have no need for that. But to those who can take advantage of it, it's something it's was unavailable, at any price, just a few years.

Case in point. VPD is a hugely important factor in getting a really good or excellent crop. There's no question, you can get a good crop without even knowing what it is but, over the long term, you're better off controlling VPD than not.

Below is a screenshot of the VPD range for my current grow. In seedling, I set VPD to 0.8 and bumped to 1.0 in veg. In the 35 days that I've had this grow, VPD has gone out of range only when I've had to work in the tent. In those cases, I may have to open both tent flaps and/or I shut off the humidifier for maintenance. Other than that, the Controller 69 + the Cloudforge T4 have worked, with any intervention on my part, to keep VPD at the set level or within 0.05 units for over a month.

Before I was using the AC Ininity products, I used a PulseGrow, an Inkbird RH controller, and a "reptile" humidifier. Those are good products. I would read the change in VPD from the Pulse and then tweak the RH setting on the Inkbird which would control the humidifier. The refresh time on the Pulse was every minute and the RH reading between the Pulse and the Inkbird rarely matched. I got great outcomes but the labor cost was significant.

Those devices are now retired. I've reduced my labor cost to $0 and my VPD is now, arguably, perfect and it will continue to be perfect. And that cost about an hour of my billable time (I'm a software engineer).

Check it out:

1702137972866.jpeg

Big fan of AC Infinity products, excepting their lights.

Re. it won't work - I use a C69 Pro now and, IIRC, I've used the C67. If the devices have their UIS connector, they will work together. If you can't get things connected, call tech support. I've called them a couple of times and, in both cases, their staff were excellent.

Re don't "need" - The Controller 69's WiFi feature is incredible to those who can use what it offers. I'd pay double for it, gladly.

One reason I have that perspective is that I've been a "technologist" all of my life, going back to the 70's when I owned a Sinclair programmable calculator, was using the Internet years before HTML, and watched, from a distance, the home automation/consumer level electronics market bloom. It's staggering, to me anyway, but I'm an immigrant who grew up in a place where phone numbers had 5 digits. :)

The power of the C69 is immense, not it what it does but in what it let's you do. For $100±, a grower can control up to 8 devices that provide the heartbeat of his grow from anywhere in the world. Or he can just let the app do it, from anywhere in the world.

That's not important to people who don't want to use it or those, very rare cases where people truly have no need for that. But to those who can take advantage of it, it's something it's was unavailable, at any price, just a few years.

Case in point. VPD is a hugely important factor in getting a really good or excellent crop. There's no question, you can get a good crop without even knowing what it is but, over the long term, you're better off controlling VPD than not.

Below is a screenshot of the VPD range for my current grow. In seedling, I set VPD to 0.8 and bumped to 1.0 in veg. In the 35 days that I've had this grow, VPD has gone out of range only when I've had to work in the tent. In those cases, I may have to open both tent flaps and/or I shut off the humidifier for maintenance. Other than that, the Controller 69 + the Cloudforge T4 have worked, with any intervention on my part, to keep VPD at the set level or within 0.05 units for over a month.

Before I was using the AC Ininity products, I used a PulseGrow, an Inkbird RH controller, and a "reptile" humidifier. Those are good products. I would read the change in VPD from the Pulse and then tweak the RH setting on the Inkbird which would control the humidifier. The refresh time on the Pulse was every minute and the RH reading between the Pulse and the Inkbird rarely matched. I got great outcomes but the labor cost was significant.

Those devices are now retired. I've reduced my labor cost to $0 and my VPD is now, arguably, perfect and it will continue to be perfect. And that cost about an hour of my billable time (I'm a software engineer).

Check it out:

View attachment 1652044
You can only control 4 devices per controller tho. Not trying to argue but i compared everything before I bought mine. The only thing the pro has over wifi or bluetooth only is that it has both.

You can only control 4 devices per controller tho. Not trying to argue but i compared everything before I bought mine. The only thing the pro has over wifi or bluetooth only is that it has both.
I use "C69" as a shorthand notation for my "CONTROLLER 69 PRO" in the same way that I use "µmol" as shorthand for "µmol/m²/s"

AC Infinity is currently showing two "Pro" models.

The Pro + supports eight devices, the Pro supports four.

The Controller 69 is less expensive but doesn't support networking but does support Bluetooth (BT is point to point).

Like you, mine supports only four devices but they didn't have the Pro +. The extra $30 (MSRP) would double the number of devices and I suspect a lot of buyers would have opted for the + model.

The C67 does not operate 2 programes serperately . You can connect 2 devices to the C67 but as soon as you connect the cloudline into the port it then runs at the same speed as the exhaust.

So if my exhaust is speed 2 the fan is speed 2.

If I set my exhaust higher the fan runs higher but then I'm burning more electric and have absolutely no need to increase the negative pressure.

it is pretty shit that AC infinity charge extortionate prices and the create new products and won't let them run with older models, why the hell cant they create a port extension that could be plugged in C67 with other ports like a 4 plug extension cable and update software for multi use.

It really isn't rocket science!

Fair enough I've got a exhaust fan and a oscillating fan running on EC motors which are better than AC and hopefully theyll outlast the cheap fans ive bought and then broken but other than that I'm nit getting the full benefits and refuse to pay for upgraded controllers

Last edited:
Back