Grow Room Combining 2 tent exhaust fans?

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
I'll be adding another tent with another 6" exhaust fan.

Can I combine these 2 fans' ducts to use the existing 6" opening out the ceiling or do they need to be separate outlets?

I'll be adding another tent with another 6" exhaust fan.

Can I combine these 2 fans' ducts to use the existing 6" opening out the ceiling or do they need to be separate outlets?
Im not sure what you mean, 2 seperate tents with 2 seperate exhausts. Did you wanna connect both tents exhausts. This is definitely possible as long as the fans can pull enough air to cycle the volume of both tents per min. But the more ducting and filters you put on and the distance from the fan dampens the efficiency. I read for every 2 ft of ducting you lose up to 15% efficiency. But Im not sure Im understanding you right

Also if you're gonna connect them and exhaust through one filter you may wanna upsize the filter as 2 fans pushing through one filter will exceed a 6" filters recommended airflow.

Last edited:
Im not sure what you mean, 2 seperate tents with 2 seperate exhausts. Did you wanna connect both tents exhausts. This is definitely possible as long as the fans can pull enough air to cycle the volume of both tents per min. But the more ducting and filters you put on and the distance from the fan dampens the efficiency. I read for every 2 ft of ducting you lose up to 15% efficiency. But Im not sure Im understanding you right

Also if you're gonna connect them and exhaust through one filter you may wanna upsize the filter as 2 fans pushing through one filter will exceed a 6" filters recommended airflow.

I'm talking about 2 - 6" fans out one exhaust to port. I'll be using two tents.

Here's a 10"x6"x6". I'd enlarge my ceiling hole to 10".

404066_l_1600x.jpg

Can I join in here please and ask a similar question?

I have two 75cm x 75cm x 160cm tents and one mammoth 4" EC exhaust fan (with controller) with max outtake of 275m3 can I use that one extraction fan for the two tents?

Can I join in here please and ask a similar question?

I have two 75cm x 75cm x 160cm tents and one mammoth 4" EC exhaust fan (with controller) with max outtake of 275m3 can I use that one extraction fan for the two tents?
As long as the fan can move that much air in a minute yes that's fine, but filters and bends in ducting reduce efficiency by a lot.

Back