Grow Room Setting up a new 5x5 exhaust setup opinions

Lil Dab

Proper Stoner
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
What I got...
Hey guys and gals I am getting a new 5x5 to replace my 4x4 and am looking for some input on how to run the exhausts I've been mulling around a couple different thoughts. Up until now I've only ever had one exhaust fan but do run into some rh issues when tent is packed in full flower. So I got another 6" inline exhaust fan and filter for the new tent. I plan to run 2 exhaust fans with carbon filters and 1 intake fan no filter.

So my question is do i have the exhaust fans both controlling rh and temp or do I have one do temp and the other do rh? While the intake fan will only turn on to bring air in when rh is high

I've also thought about using one a intake and one as exhaust only and scrubbing air in and out but fear I'll run into the high rh issues again.

True but my hopes that they don't need to run at full speed which I have times now that the one does run constant during the grow. Hoping two a lower speeds will do a better job then just one. I do control the rh pretty well guess i need to use more oscillating fans down low

Hey guys and gals I am getting a new 5x5 to replace my 4x4 and am looking for some input on how to run the exhausts I've been mulling around a couple different thoughts. Up until now I've only ever had one exhaust fan but do run into some rh issues when tent is packed in full flower. So I got another 6" inline exhaust fan and filter for the new tent. I plan to run 2 exhaust fans with carbon filters and 1 intake fan no filter.

So my question is do i have the exhaust fans both controlling rh and temp or do I have one do temp and the other do rh? While the intake fan will only turn on to bring air in when rh is high

I've also thought about using one a intake and one as exhaust only and scrubbing air in and out but fear I'll run into the high rh issues again.
I have 2 6” fans but one is exhaust and one is intake! I have heater/intake fan for temps and humidifier and exhaust fan for the humidity! U gotta remember tho mine are the cheapo raxial booster fans not actual inline fans! And i am on inkbird controllers not ac infinity controller! I also have the intake air coming in from down low and the exhaust coming from top if tent! ;)
image.jpg

I had to move the intake fan when I rearranged my room but still works! Since hot air rises tho does seem to take a bit longer to cool off cuz cooler air mixes with that warmer air! Def works for $50 investment but i got my inkbirds for free thru an IG rep!

I have 2 6” fans but one is exhaust and one is intake! I have heater/intake fan for temps and humidifier and exhaust fan for the humidity! U gotta remember tho mine are the cheapo raxial booster fans not actual inline fans! And i am on inkbird controllers not ac infinity controller! I also have the intake air coming in from down low and the exhaust coming from top if tent! ;)
View attachment 1651134

I had to move the intake fan when I rearranged my room but still works! Since hot air rises tho does seem to take a bit longer to cool off cuz cooler air mixes with that warmer air! Def works for $50 investment but i got my inkbirds for free thru an IG rep!

Ok so I got it now I think:doh: maybe I will be a little over kill:shrug::thanks: You don't use the passive intake vents at all then?

Ok so I got it now I think:doh: maybe I will be a little over kill:shrug::thanks: You don't use the passive intake vents at all then?
Nope all sealed up but i have tents in my bedroom so don’t need to invite light leaks cuz my light in my room isn’t in synch with my tent light! Are u purchasing stuff for this tent or using what u already have?

Nope all sealed up but i have tents in my bedroom so don’t need to invite light leaks cuz my light in my room isn’t in synch with my tent light! Are u purchasing stuff for this tent or using what u already have?

Same stuff plus I bought a new 6" inline when I bought tent so I could have (2) 6" fans cause I've had issue where 1 6" runs a lot at full speed to keep up. I've been wanting to add a second exhaust for some time now or upgrade to 1 8" but this seemed like the better idea

For this 5x5x80 I'll have (1) 6" vivosun inline and (1) 6" ac infinity inline both with controllers and filter plus a 8" raxial ran by inkbird controler. I only use that during flower now to help bring in more fresh low rh air.

But you guys got me wondering if I should just use (1) 6" for a intake and (1) 6" for a exhaust and not use the 8" raxial.. I've always just ran my tent as a passive intake unless RH got out of control

The fans will run a lot less if you're pumping drier air into the tent... If the 6in exhaust sucks the walls in, that's as much air exchange as the tent can handle anyway. My 6in pulls the walls on my tent in at well under 50% and I just control the humidity down with a dehumidifier in the garage

I have no idea about using those controllers….so I’ll leave that to someone else…

Like JP said above….once the walls are sucked in and you have negative air pressure, that’s about as good as it’s gonna get I think. Now…..can you crank up an intake fan to offset the negative pressure and increase airflow….sure! But, at that point, I would wonder how efficient the filter will work, because the air will be passing through so quickly. As far as rh…..one thing you can do, is utilize the extra fan you have to move air further. You can either push exhaust to an area away from the tent to get the expelled rh high air away…..or, if there’s an area that has dryer air….you can intake from there….and use one exhaust fan, and your intake fan, inline to push air a long ways.

Just throwing an idea out there….as I think two extraction fans will do nothing except shorten the life of your new tent if it’s sucking it in to hard….:2cents::smokeout:

Back