Crazy Idea to boost trichomes?

Choctaw

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
So you turn the lights out for 24 hours of darkness before harvest to boost trichomes. What if you did this a few times over a span of a week and then harvest? Say every 2 days leave the lights off for 24 hours then harvest will it super boost them?

Day 1: 24 hours off
Day 2: normal light schedule
Day 3: normal light schedule
Day 4: 24 hours off
Day 5: normal light schedule
Day 6: normal light schedule
Day 7: 24 hours off
Day 8: Harvest

Thoughts? Comments?

So you turn the lights out for 24 hours of darkness before harvest to boost trichomes.

There is little credible science that actually supports this. And a very simple argument is that you're putting your plant into darkness to dry anyways.

I’ve done 48 hours of darkness before chop and chop straight away. Couldn’t tell any difference between them. But if you have the ability to do darkness, I don’t think it would do any harm :goodluck:

There’s this YouTube video where they test 3 different buds. At 24,48 and 72 hours of darkness. I can’t remember the name of the video but you te out there. The differences i remember where terp % very minimal changes overall

There is little credible science that actually supports this. And a very simple argument is that you're putting your plant into darkness to dry anyways.
But in theory, it's dead at that point

Back