Extraction Dale's DIY Dapress

Lil Dab

Proper Stoner
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
What I got...
What's up stoners figured today would be a good day to start my DIY press thread. press is heating up now. i've done a few practices squeezes to get the hang out it. so far i've just been sticking close @Mañ'O'Green numbers for pressing until i get a feel for it. 90 micron, 4g cured bud, 210f, 3min press. rosin has been coming out pretty good for a beginner. i've changed temp a little either way +/- and came back to 210f while practicing. just been getting the hang of prepressing and not busting bags.

Here's a squeeze from last night same bud just a sample. came out good so today i'm pressing the rest of it. Mephisto samsqaunch OG
66814293798__3ED5E99F-C971-4F3C-BE94-5DF3E0112104.jpg
IMG_4268.jpg

Mephisto samsqaunch OG
IMG_4262.jpg
IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg
IMG_4266.jpg

Anyone use this Parchment paper? seems to be pretty good but I have nothing to compare too. it's what we had in the house until i can get some of @Mañ'O'Green oil slick paper or I think @Dabber uses RAW brand? might try that too haven't looked into buying either yet.
IMG_4267.jpg

more pics will coming today first bag just came out of press. so any questions, comments, and concerns are welcome:d5: :toke: :thanks: :pass:

Last edited:
:thanks:@St. Tom for the rep it’s a honor from someone like yourself :worship:. This was my first and only SS OG I will being do again. My reasons for not liking it were all me pretty sure. I’ve definitely dialed my system in better since it then and will be running it again. Here ya go fresh out the oven:crying:

55A879C8-78CB-4CDE-AC1D-A1459CF0E5F7.jpeg

:thanks:@St. Tom for the rep it’s a honor from someone like yourself :worship:. This was my first and only SS OG I will being do again. My reasons for not liking it were all me pretty sure. I’ve definitely dialed my system in better since it then and will be running it again. Here ya go fresh out the oven:crying:

View attachment 1427893
lovely squishes I sometimes get like butterfly patterns I still have my rosinbomb in a box gathering dust I think it may be time to get her out again I sometimes used to press kief on mine as you get a massive return off it

I don't press rosin that much,but I noticed a couple things that you could possibly change to increase yield.

You might get better yields if you trim some of the bag off at the top,it looks like there is alot of material left there for rosin to get caught in.

And pack a bit more into the bags,you will get less waste all around.

Gooey presses to you!!!

Well got alittle side tracked today. Ended up getting all pucks their first press done today. Might squeeze em again later tonight if not tomorrow morning.

Ended up with total of 3.8g from 44g of bud first press no broken bags :woohoo1: . Not bad for beginner with not very good bud? Plus the little bit left in the jar I was collecting in. The :baked:in me forgot to check the weight of that jar before filling and the jars I have all very in weight by grams. So I transferred to a new zeroed jar for a more accurate reading.
E2B59547-C3A9-4633-BF37-9ED0F049B8F9.jpeg

Nice looking rig! :d5: I agree with @Hashsloth on the trimming the bags and putting more in. I usually put 7-8gs in each. The bags will always absorb some rosin, say, 0.2g, which is like 10% loss of a 4g squish, but it'll still be 0.2g if you put 7-8 grams in the bag... I also do 1st press at 185-190 and 2nd press at 210, but every strain is a little different. Sometimes you'll get like a totally different texture of the rosin between temperatures. Humidity of the green also makes a difference. Also tuck the bottom corners of the bags back inside the bag, clean dab tool makes it easy to push em in :headbang:

Back