Decarbing fresh bud

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm in the mood to get off my tits and do some baking.

I've 2 plants hanging just now and my question is... does it have to be dry when I'm going to decarb it?

I have a Herboven Decarboxylator where decarb my weed and the same machine to mix in my butter.

I normally put in a good ¼ oz of dry bud for 50g butter (6 cookies)

so I suspecting ill want to maybe use a good ½ ounce of what I use if its still hanging.

Would it work or would I just be wasting a ½ oz of flower

Thanks

I just saw this and your bud is probably dried by now but my understanding is you can decarb fresh bud but the chlorophyll will have a much stronger taste.

Regarding "does it have to be dry when I'm going to decarb it?":
No it doesn't. You can dry and decarb in an oven or equivalent at the same time. It's going to still have chlorophyll and other contents of dead cells much of which would normally be degraded/eliminated by some drying/curing.

You should decide if you want the decarbed product and edibles to be made from freshly harvested or processed/optimized (dried and maybe even cured) buds. As long as the buds are decarbed they (their THC) will work comparably in edibles. Terpene profile, taste, smell and effects may be different depending on how you process the material.

Last edited:
Back