Eggs excursion into edible extractions

Egg

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
My Mighty
Hello good people of AFN!

I wanted to do something with all the trim I've been freezing and bought some bags to embark on an attempt to make bubble hash - no idea why as I don't smoke joints any more - when my brother in law sent me this link to a herboven...

Herboven Decarboxylator 230V with UK Plug,Decarb Machine with Infuser Feature, Suitable for Small Batch of Herbs https://amzn.eu/d/d9iWbWt

I love a gadget, it wasn't overly expensive and I hoped it would produce something far more useful to me so I took the plunge. In typical prime fashion it arrived quickly and I was pleased it was good to go out of the box. I should say I bought coconut oil and lecithin powder as well.
In went 20g of leftover grinds to decarb then popped into the muslin bag before pouring over 125ml of oil and setting it to infuse. (This picture shows the decarb setting)

IMG-20240121-WA0000.jpg

After 2 runs on the infuse and cooling this is what I got.

IMG-20231225-WA0001.jpg

This was stirred into a coffee then blast off... Its totally different to vaping but its a great weekend treat and it gives the old lungs a rest.

Take it easy :thumbsup:

stirred into a coffee then blast off... Its totally different to vaping but its a great weekend treat and it gives the old lungs a rest.
Very cool, I ate some decarb recently :joy:

How much do you vape on average, and how many grams of butter was it into the coffee? How strong was the taste?

Hey @Mozzy 👋 I don't go mad these days and usually wait until afternoon or evening before firing up the Mighty, probably 4 -6 caps a day maybe a bit more at the weekend if I don't crash on the sofa :crying:

Couldn't tell you in grams but a good teaspoonful. The taste was there but in coffee was fairly masked. This was a quick trial and i need to work on proper dose etc. but i was thinking I could maybe get some moulds and make flavoured gummies...

Hey @Mozzy 👋 I don't go mad these days and usually wait until afternoon or evening before firing up the Mighty, probably 4 -6 caps a day maybe a bit more at the weekend if I don't crash on the sofa :crying:

Couldn't tell you in grams but a good teaspoonful. The taste was there but in coffee was fairly masked. This was a quick trial and i need to work on proper dose etc. but i was thinking I could maybe get some moulds and make flavoured gummies...
The Mighty bowls give me a good reference, thanks :toke:; I put a lot through an old Volcano.

I might have to go this route, as eating decarb is a little rough, and ABV butter or coconut oil is borderline inedible for me these days...may have to try to decarb fresh flower for oil.

The butter smells like vaped bud but not sure I'd have it on its own, a hot milky coffee or hot chocolate is probably best.

Have you checked the thread on Malawi cobs? I think that way will be my next excursion...

Back