Decarbing wet trim

Frank56

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
I've got 2oz of wet sugar leaf (currently frozen) ready to make a small batch of butter. Before decarbing, do I need to let it dry, or can I decarb wet trim?

Frank, I made canna milk with wet trim, it blew my mind into the next suburb.

I threw the material into boiling water, boiled/simmered until the cells broke down and i had some sloppy looking greens.

Drain water through sieve - discard water

Put material in pot with fat..I used coconut milk and cream, you are going to use butter. Either or, both fat.

Simmered for an hour, put in coffee.

My head fell off.

Cheers for the link brother! Your anecdote paints a hilarious picture, and I fear it might be even worse for me - I have zero tolerance right now (I've only recently started smoking again after a 9 month T break), and not sure how I'd even measure dosage of that. That said... that sounds way too mental not to try, so I might put some aside and give it a shot - I'll just make sure I'm not in work that week :biggrin:

I had a loosely filled 1kg lolly bucket with approx 60% sugar leaf 40% fan leaf. I mixed it in 400 ml cream and 800 ml coconut milk. I made the decapitating coffee and after screwing my head back on many hours later had the intention to have another go the next day. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It was just too strong for what I wanted at that time. I ended up throwing 3/4 out. I should have frozen the rest before it went off.

I make budder using coconut oil with fresh bud so if adding fresh trim to clarified, unsalted butter let it cook for a couple hours at least at less than the boiling point of water then raise the temp until the moisture in the buds boils off then raise the temp to 235 - 250F when very fine decarb bubbles will begin to appear. Keep that temp trying not to go over 260F with occasional stirring until those bubbles stop then cool, strain and do what you do with budder. A good thermometer or one of those laser ones is needed. Enjoy.

This is for doing on a hot plate or stove top and you should have a heat diffuser under the pot so you don't scorch the product. A bent up coat hanger can work to diffuse the heat if you don't have a regular one that can be had at stores that sell kitchen and cooking items. I found mine at a thrift store.

:peace:

Back