Deficiencies on leaves. Help please :)

Reaction score
Rdwc system. 14 days old today. Germinated in rock wool cube with hydroton as medium. Under a Mars hydro tsl2000 at 30% power. Temps and humidity in tent has always been between 25-27 degrees and 60-70% humidity.PH is still high at 8.1 now, Ec and ppm are 0.7 and 400. Other plants in the tent look ok no marks on the leaves as bad as this one. Using AN ph perfect nutes. Made a Rez up at 1/4 strength 0.5ml/l, 3 days ago. Any help is appreciated

Could those deficiencies on the leaves be due to PH levels? I started these autos out with just water and rhiztonic ph’d to 5.8, when roots were coming through the bottom of the net pots I made a 1/4 strength feed up with the PH perfect line filled my res and turnt the system on. My ph came out at 7.9, I made a post on here asking if I should adjust my PH as that is really high for dwc but because I’m using the AN ph perfect line I’ve been told I should not ph up or down after adding the nutes as the buffers in PH perfect nutes just make it do nothing and if anything will make it worse and cause imbalances of your Ph levels.

Attachments

• 719CCFBD-BDCB-4F50-AF2A-033FBEB77DD9.jpeg
    719CCFBD-BDCB-4F50-AF2A-033FBEB77DD9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • A9EBB37F-DCF8-4F96-9B9E-970422EC5462.jpeg
    A9EBB37F-DCF8-4F96-9B9E-970422EC5462.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • 3AD025DA-5EE1-436A-A3C5-FB261444B3A5.jpeg
    3AD025DA-5EE1-436A-A3C5-FB261444B3A5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Rdwc system. 14 days old today. Germinated in rock wool cube with hydroton as medium. Under a Mars hydro tsl2000 at 30% power. Temps and humidity in tent has always been between 25-27 degrees and 60-70% humidity.PH is still high at 8.1 now, Ec and ppm are 0.7 and 400. Other plants in the tent look ok no marks on the leaves as bad as this one. Using AN ph perfect nutes. Made a Rez up at 1/4 strength 0.5ml/l, 3 days ago. Any help is appreciated

Could those deficiencies on the leaves be due to PH levels? I started these autos out with just water and rhiztonic ph’d to 5.8, when roots were coming through the bottom of the net pots I made a 1/4 strength feed up with the PH perfect line filled my res and turnt the system on. My ph came out at 7.9, I made a post on here asking if I should adjust my PH as that is really high for dwc but because I’m using the AN ph perfect line I’ve been told I should not ph up or down after adding the nutes as the buffers in PH perfect nutes just make it do nothing and if anything will make it worse and cause imbalances of your Ph levels.
You are killing them at that PH - Period! 5.8 PH is not optional! You are so far out it is not even on the chart!

aa.jpg

Please read this:

pH perfect will only work when there is enough of parts A+B to "perfect" the solution.

Hi guys,

yeah I seen you say adjust ph to 5.8 but I’ve also seen people who have used AN for 20+ years saying DO NOT touch the Ph as it will just make It worse? Seems like a very split opinion on the AN. Considering just buying another line of nutrients and getting rid of the ph perfect it just seems like it will cause problems unless you know what you’re doing with it (which I don’t lol). I’ve emptied the res and put them back on a water only diet with some rhiztonic too see if they improve in the next couple of days.

Consider that they may be growing in soil or coco and not dwc.

I used and still use AN pH perfect but like I said, until you are feeding high enough concentration it won't pH the solution for you. They may also have or use far far different source water.

I did not have great luck with the AN line my first grow so I tried growing vegetables with it to test and experiment with how it works and functions.

Use your pH meter and ec/ppm readings to put your solution where it needs to be.

Back