Deficiency in early flower?

Reaction score
About 3 weeks into flower:

E9643CFC-C756-48C4-B400-836508049593.jpeg
77343BB4-C163-47D4-8526-C2144D5F15A4.jpeg
03AA45FC-9AA4-4F0F-91DE-107E513A549D.jpeg
71A66817-D6DF-48A6-9063-735FB0E118EC.jpeg

Medium is Fox Farms Ocean Forest fed coast of Maine dry amendments twice now. About a teaspoon of their “plant food” and a couple teaspoons of fish bone meal. Fed a tablespoon of fish bone meal a day or so ago.

I use spring water with a ph of around 6.3-6.5. 86ppm on average.

Affected leaves are on bottom middle and near top, so fairly random.

Temps have been consistently at 76 (canopy) and rh between 56-60% lights on.

I need to see pictures of the entire plant in regular daylight 5000K. I think you are getting excess phosphorus which looks the same as a deficiency. Do not flush FFOF it does not respond well. I also think I see N toxicity but that is why I need to see the rest of the plant.

I need to see pictures of the entire plant in regular daylight 5000K. I think you are getting excess phosphorus which looks the same as a deficiency. Do not flush FFOF it does not respond well. I also think I see N toxicity but that is why I need to see the rest of the plant.

alright, i can take another picture once lights are back on. I can’t take it outside though.

alright, i can take another picture once lights are back on. I can’t take it outside though.
Use a regular light bulb or flash not the grow lights. Have the grow lights turned off. Color rendition is important for diagnosis.

Thanks and yes you are on the too high side for nitrogen also. It is not life threatening but you need to back off on adding any more nutrients for at least a week or two. You may have increasing leaf damage but there is really no good way to stop that now. Once you get too much in a pot of soil you just have to ride it out. I would water with RO or distilled water until the plants stop showing signs of too much.

:goodluck:

Looks suspiciously like the beginning of a P deficiency to me. The plant wants lots of P and everything else during the stretch so could have used up the available P already. Less demand for P and more for K going forward but sure looks like it needs some now. Any Bloom nutes handy?

Phosphorous.jpg

:peace:

Thanks and yes you are on the too high side for nitrogen also. It is not life threatening but you need to back off on adding any more nutrients for at least a week or two. You may have increasing leaf damage but there is really no good way to stop that now. Once you get too much in a pot of soil you just have to ride it out. I would water with RO or distilled water until the plants stop showing signs of too much.

:goodluck:

I certainly don't want to be at odds with you here but those affected leaves are fading which indicates to me that the plant is stealing mobile nutes from them to continue it's rapid growth and bud development at this stage of flowering.

A medium dose of bloom nutes low or without N I think would stop the progression of the symptoms. Perfect time for 0-15-35 AN Big Bud! :) I feed BB to my plants a week before flipping to flower then more at the flip and on for a few weeks.

I certainly don't want to be at odds with you here but those affected leaves are fading which indicates to me that the plant is stealing mobile nutes from them to continue it's rapid growth and bud development at this stage of flowering.

A medium dose of bloom nutes low or without N I think would stop the progression of the symptoms. Perfect time for 0-15-35 AN Big Bud! :) I feed BB to my plants a week before flipping to flower then more at the flip and on for a few weeks.

Yes this is exactly why I asked for new pictures in daylight. They tell a totally different story of Dark Green with some tip clawing. There is absolutely no fading.

Yes this is exactly why I asked for new pictures in daylight. They tell a totally different story of Dark Green with some tip clawing. There is absolutely no fading.

OK but those big fans look like some fading going on to me. More toward the ends and that's where the fading starts when it happens to me. Same area his spots are showing up too.

Just my 2¢ so take it for what it's worth. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back