Defoliate or not

What’s your opinion on the lead discolouration ?

Attachments

• B7AD9D28-FBC2-412E-9294-FECA0A45626F.png
    B7AD9D28-FBC2-412E-9294-FECA0A45626F.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 452F08AC-D855-4CD4-9663-8327EA53BDEA.jpeg
    452F08AC-D855-4CD4-9663-8327EA53BDEA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 67188049-F908-4C86-949D-EB18C6025E85.jpeg
    67188049-F908-4C86-949D-EB18C6025E85.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • BDA25E27-55A7-45CC-AB21-E9C03EAEC930.jpeg
    BDA25E27-55A7-45CC-AB21-E9C03EAEC930.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
The buds do not create the energy for them to grow. It is the leaves on the plant that makes the energy to grow. If you have enough leaves on the plant the buds will grow no matter where they are even totally shaded inside the plant. I have demonstrated this in many grows.

I only defoliate for air flow to help prevent Molds and Mildews in the lower part of the plant.

That's interesting. So there is some other mechanism involved where there is a noticeable difference between top buds and lower (larf/popcorn) buds? I have chopped in stages to allow lower buds to develop more assuming it was light exposure as opposed to just time.

That's interesting. So there is some other mechanism involved where there is a noticeable difference between top buds and lower (larf/popcorn) buds? I have chopped in stages to allow lower buds to develop more assuming it was light exposure as opposed to just time.
Of course there is. If you are growing photoperiod plants you can fill a room with one plant and all equal buds by SCROGing. You do not have that kind of time with an auto. Top looking buds mean nothing to me on an auto I want yield.

_DSC1276.JPG

Hi, day 49 for my purple lemonade, lower bud sites ain getting too much light, I’m wondering if I can/should defoliate some branches to let the light in or will I cause more harm than good, she’s not actually got a great deal of leaf's lol
Looks like u burned them with led lights, the ones in shade look dark and the ones in light look pale so u don't need to take anything off the plant for more light as it has more then it can take.

shaded buds are always less dense on my plants :shrug:

Hi, day 49 for my purple lemonade, lower bud sites ain getting too much light, I’m wondering if I can/should defoliate some branches to let the light in or will I cause more harm than good, she’s not actually got a great deal of leafs lol
I would not defoiliate that plant and I almost always am heavy handed.

I would say no personally, I would just keep tucking her for now. I said I wouldnt defol being a newbie. But here’s a pic of my girl 14 days ago week 7. She had to have a decent defol .
View attachment 1317063
I would defoliate this plant budisites are congested I would defoliate and spread it apart more if you have room. The lower part of bud will be loose. Less yield.

I thought you wanted the bud sites to get the most light as possible so that they can 'thicken' up. I would get rid of the big fan leaves that are covering up good bud sites.

I defol but only 5-10 leaves at a time. I started with damaged leaves, moved on to leaves that were running into adjacent buds, then I look at the inward facing leaves. It opens things up but the space usually filla back up in a coupke days.

I always thought along the lines that when a cut or break happens, the plant rushes energy to that location to fix the damage. In doing that, everything up that branch gets a jolt of energy because the plant cant pick and choose the exact spot to concentrate on.

Back