LST or Not

BirDMan420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hey guys not a new grower but first time LST’r wondering if she’s too old to start. She’s at node 5-6. Day 29 I believe. I left her to do her thing for a bit and just took off on me, if you’re wondering who she is, she’s HSO Chocolate Mint OG Auto. Been wanting to try the LST for a while but I’m usually a let her grow and defoliate kind of guy with a little bit of tucking

Attachments

• IMG_4631.jpeg
    IMG_4631.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4632.jpeg
    IMG_4632.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 36
I would give her main a nice 90 degree bend at this age if you want to implement some LST. Too late to top but you’ll get much the same effect if you just bend the main top to slightly below the surrounding branches canopy. As the main redirects itself up it will meet the others for an even canopy within a day. Each plant is different but if your at node 5-6 be looking to make the swooping bend around node 4 but it will bend from node 3-5 as your not doing a sharp 90 but a gradual swooping 90. Try using training wire to attach her to the pot by hole punching a spot in the pot. Go for it do some LST! When bending the main aim for a spot with less branching/moveable branches

I would give her main a nice 90 degree bend at this age if you want to implement some LST. Too late to top but you’ll get much the same effect if you just bend the main top to slightly below the surrounding branches canopy. As the main redirects itself up it will meet the others for an even canopy within a day. Each plant is different but if your at node 5-6 be looking to make the swooping bend around node 4 but it will bend from node 3-5 as your not doing a sharp 90 but a gradual swooping 90. Try using training wire to attach her to the pot by hole punching a spot in the pot. Go for it do some LST! When bending the main aim for a spot with less branching/moveable branches
Thanks boss! This lady is growing very well for me so I didn’t want to do any harm trying something for the first time! I was going to do just as you said! I appreciate the knowledge and guidance

Like this

Attachments

• IMG_4648.jpeg
    IMG_4648.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4647.jpeg
    IMG_4647.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4646.jpeg
    IMG_4646.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
Back