Diabetes treatment with canna and magnesium

That is Wonderful @Banjacked :thumbsup:
Our diet has so much to do with our health.

With me it was small changes, I was lucky and got diagnosed because of something else so they were pulling blood several times just as it went over because I had no symptoms whatsoever. Biggest one was getting cholesterol under control, the rest was more of drop a couple of things from my diet but we were mainly looking at not so much the "what" but more of the "how much".

By sorting out the "how much", 57lbs went off in around 8 months, and that wasn't starving myself either, and when you combine that with eliminating processed sugar, as in all the crap added to things to make it taste better, the results are going to be as obvious as immediately shifting to a low fat diet. Bugger these fad diets, I still eat almost everything, just make sure the vast majority is under 10% fat and, ideally, 5% or zero. I still have my occasional beer or 6, and I'll die before I give up my bacon. Anything where I see a label that says sugar is added used to be a no no, now I'll have the very occasional bit of chocolate or a couple of cookies if I run out of sugar free ones.

To beat this affliction you have to be willing and determined to not only make the changes but to also stick to them, and that's where most fall down.

But weed, especially CBD, can play a huge part in the control of sugars, we get the munchies because of falling blood sugars and I've pulled the sugar meter out several times before and after a smoke or CBD use to check and seen a direct drop in sugars. Opiate painkillers do the same, so if you go zero processed sugar and you take these things, like I do, be aware of the symptoms of hypoglycemia because they, like weed and/or CBD, can send you there with Tramadol being one of the worst and responsible for a considerable rise in those taken into ER with hypo.

As I say, used properly, we are growing a "supermedicine", and there's two words there which are key, it's the old "use and abuse" thing again. If the effects weren't clear, the Israelis wouldn't be developing a diabetes treatment based around CBD, it's been 100% proven to be effective in this respect and should, imo, be made mandatory in treating this disease.

I have also, since along time ago, have found that Olive Leaf lowers the Blood Sugar.

Olive oil, especially extra virgin, does the same and that has been proven in tests and studies on both rats and humans.

We're back to the "Mediterranean Diet" again, and since weed is native to various countries around the Med it should be considered a critical part of such a diet.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I went to the doctor today and he told me some good news. I no longer have diabetes! My A1C is now 5.3 down from 5.9. It was once 6.4 and possibly higher, I think I may have had it for as much as 5yrs before I knew I had it lol. Another illness is what discovered it, so not sure what the highest point was. But I think the main reason is from CBD. I have improved my diet as far as not eating as bad, but is by no means good. I exercise a little, but only difference since last test was I grew my 1st cbd plant. Fastbuds CBD Crack 1:1 is the only difference and I believe what pushed me over the top. My wife dont think so, and same with doctor but I think it must be only new variable. Maybe I'm just lucky, and mine wasnt a bad case at all but I dont think it just goes away on it's own. I still use way to much sugar but not as much as in the past so not like I cut it out what else could it be?????? I was told I can stop meds and cholesterol too so going to monitor and see. But I was only diagnosed in May 2017 so for it to be gone so quick with not even cutting out sugar there must be some other factor. CBD I am a believer, and will now grow every grow from now on. I have a grow going now but no cbd wish I did another 1 now lol. Besides what I think it may have done for my diabetes, it was a wonderful plant. Great rosin my daily dabs all day till evening still get high but low key easy on throat, very energetic A+. Give CBD a shot if not using and see if it lowers you A1C.

I went to the doctor today and he told me some good news. I no longer have diabetes! My A1C is now 5.3 down from 5.9. It was once 6.4 and possibly higher, I think I may have had it for as much as 5yrs before I knew I had it lol. Another illness is what discovered it, so not sure what the highest point was. But I think the main reason is from CBD. I have improved my diet as far as not eating as bad, but is by no means good. I exercise a little, but only difference since last test was I grew my 1st cbd plant. Fastbuds CBD Crack 1:1 is the only difference and I believe what pushed me over the top. My wife dont think so, and same with doctor but I think it must be only new variable. Maybe I'm just lucky, and mine wasnt a bad case at all but I dont think it just goes away on it's own. I still use way to much sugar but not as much as in the past so not like I cut it out what else could it be?????? I was told I can stop meds and cholesterol too so going to monitor and see. But I was only diagnosed in May 2017 so for it to be gone so quick with not even cutting out sugar there must be some other factor. CBD I am a believer, and will now grow every grow from now on. I have a grow going now but no cbd wish I did another 1 now lol. Besides what I think it may have done for my diabetes, it was a wonderful plant. Great rosin my daily dabs all day till evening still get high but low key easy on throat, very energetic A+. Give CBD a shot if not using and see if it lowers you A1C.

As said, CBD has been scientifically proven to have an effect on lowering blood sugar levels and, obviously, in the control of vascular inflammation, vasodilation, and so on, which are related to type 2.

You say you have improved your diet and exercise a little, may I ask how much weight you've lost as you will find that the reason your A1C has dropped so much is a combination of weight loss, diet AND CBD. The last one will help, but the first two are more important.

PS. You say May 2017 to now? I went from "in excess of 6.4", as in full blown Type 2, to 5.7 and off the medication in 8 months and the only factors that really made any difference was a change in lifestyle and loss of a quarter of my body weight. My CBD vaping may have had an effect on the 6 months before diagnosis, but the "cure" was change diet and lose the blubber.

Last edited:
Hey now,
Here too, I no longer take diabetes meds. No high CBD though. A lot of cannabis for sure. I vape through the day, a few bong rips at night along with a brownie. I am a heavy user so there’s that. I lost 70 pounds and increased my exercise by a bit and we don’t eat much processed food. One trick, no sweets unless we make them.
I have been able to cut down on or eliminate almost all my meds. Not bad for 63! Down to blood pressure and a statin. I believe if I loose another 50 or so pounds I will be able to quit them as well and that’s the goal. I was diagnosed type 2 in 1998, been off the meds for almost a year now.
So eat well, exercise, and smoke a lot of cannabis; it does a body good!

Edit: Here’s a thought. We know that prior to the 1930s cannabis was plentiful, or at least it was used in a lot of tonics and tinctures. What if a lot of the “modern diseases “ were due to a lack of cannibinoids in our lives. Hmmmm....

Last edited:
I started staying home with my daughter in Jan of 2014, a little after when I believe I started with diabetes just some symptoms I now can see lol. That's when my diet changed. It was that I eat way less fast food but far from healthy still crap just not anywhere the amount. I started losing weight then. I really only start true exercise about 3 weeks ago. I have lost about 30lbs since 2014. All but about 5-10lbs was lost prior to knowing I had diabetes. I do eat a lot of bran and oatmeal which is great but they key I think was the cbd. Got to say at least 10 dabs a day for like 2-3 months. That is the only difference. I actually put a shit ton of sugar in my coffee. I just recently like a week started using splenda cause I have it and didnt want to waste it. I eat a lot of bread which they said I would have to stop and didnt so either it was the cbd or I'm a freak lol. I only changed they amount which I eat and dont eat late at night. I know weight loss and diet are big factors, but if someone told you the were diabetic and still continued to eat sugar a lot of sugar would you expect them to have their a1c return to normal? I wouldnt, not complaining just a little shocked. I never would have thought that he would tell me this. Once again the only difference was the CBD. I know that my diet shouldn't have had much to do with it, trying to eat better but it's not easy for someone who like meat and hates 99% of veggies lol.

Hey now,
Here too, I no longer take diabetes meds. No high CBD though. A lot of cannabis for sure. I vape through the day, a few bong rips at night along with a brownie. I am a heavy user so there’s that. I lost 70 pounds and increased my exercise by a bit and we don’t eat much processed food. One trick, no sweets unless we make them.
I have been able to cut down on or eliminate almost all my meds. Not bad for 63! Down to blood pressure and a statin. I believe if I loose another 50 or so pounds I will be able to quit them as well and that’s the goal. I was diagnosed type 2 in 1998, been off the meds for almost a year now.
So eat well, exercise, and smoke a lot of cannabis; it does a body good!

Edit: Here’s a thought. We know that prior to the 1930s cannabis was plentiful, or at least it was used in a lot of tonics and tinctures. What if a lot of the “modern diseases “ were due to a lack of cannibinoids in our lives. Hmmmm....

Cannabis could be prescribed by UK doctors up until 1971, and many countries without a real history of marijuana use do not suffer the same diseases. But these other countries, like Japan for example, have traditionally had better diets. So diet plays a major part, especially saturated fat, processed sugar and excess salt (I mean, you get these Nescafé Instant Cappucino and you see there's salt added. Why in hell's name does COFFEE need salt in it to improve the taste?). But as more and more research into cannabinoids is done, the more we know the true benefits of this wonderful plant when it's used properly, and there's the rub because there's been decades of brainwashing that said you could only abuse marijuana so, like so many other substances such as psylocibins (cluster headaches), MDMA and LSD (depressive disorders, especially PTSD) and even Ketamine (depression), "modern medicine" has forgotten the "old-fashioned" treatments which were proven to work. I mean, when they're having to do new research into the known anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties of marijuana (certain cannabinoids will kill MRSA) then that means we may be about to enter a "Crystal Age" where, thanks to the proven medical benefits from painkilling to antbacterial to even reducing the eyeball pressure in glaucoma, marijuana becomes more acceptable in society than alcohol.

Oh, I did it effectively by diet because I can't exercise, and am down to painkillers, a beta blocker and hopefully will be off the half a statin I take for cholesterol (that's been dropped massively too). I always carry something like Tic-Tacs because the painkillers can drop my sugar levels and I find they are perfect to control the amount of sugar needed so there's no huge swing, but otherwise we don't do processed sugars.

Back