Never too old to start
- Apr 5, 2015
- Reaction score
First grow started under diy COB's. Do I need to dim these beasts?
- 4 COB unit. CXM22 (Color Temperature: 3000K 90CRI) run at 1400 mA for 75ish Watts ea. on a Mean Well HLG-320H-C1400B driver.
- Home made frame places COB's 15 inches on center
- 2 x 2.5 x 7 ft. high tent (300w over 5 sq. ft.)
- Currently placed at 40 inches above pots and running at ~40% output. This was measured using a lux meter app on my tablet. 19,000 lux max with coverage varying down to 17,500 lux across my small tent. I know these numbers are only relative but they did give me dimmer setting range and I was pleased with the uniformity of lighting. BTW full on 300W is really "get the sunglasses" bright!
- Today is the 4th day above the coco for my LSD-25 seeds and the first real leaves are still small