Sick plant early flower

JBLUE

New User
Reaction score
This may just be the first plant I ever lose if I cannot correct these issues. Don't know what's wrong.

Medium - Coco/Perl 70/30 (3 Gal fabric pot)
Temps - 25c
Root temps - 20c
Humidity - 60%

Lighting - DIY 4 x QB96 Elite - 32000 LUX at canopy, which is 40 DLI. Light is 24" above canopy. 24/0 lighting schedule.

Using Tangs easy feed schedule with advanced nutrients ph perfect Sensi bloom A+B.

PH going in and coming out is 6.0, so not a PH flux issue.

Current PPM of feeds = (700@0.5 scale).

Tap water comes out at 40ppm and is included in the above total PPM.

She is still drinking well, maybe a gallon per day. 8 weeks old today.

Have given her a flush with 8 gallons of 5.8ph water with some UC roots mineral de-scaler and then a moderate feed. Symptoms persisting.

Pics included, please advise.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 50
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 46
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
This may just be the first plant I ever lose if I cannot correct these issues. Don't know what's wrong.

Medium - Coco/Perl 70/30 (3 Gal fabric pot)
Temps - 25c
Root temps - 20c
Humidity - 60%

Lighting - DIY 4 x QB96 Elite - 32000 LUX at canopy, which is 40 DLI. Light is 24" above canopy. 24/0 lighting schedule.

Using Tangs easy feed schedule with advanced nutrients ph perfect Sensi bloom A+B.

PH going in and coming out is 6.0, so not a PH flux issue.

Current PPM of feeds = (700@0.5 scale).

Tap water comes out at 40ppm and is included in the above total PPM.

She is still drinking well, maybe a gallon per day. 8 weeks old today.

Have given her a flush with 8 gallons of 5.8ph water with some UC roots mineral de-scaler and then a moderate feed. Symptoms persisting.

Pics included, please advise.
I had a plant that looked similar but worse. I was never able to fix it, and I think it was some sort of toxicity caused by feeding too much chicken poop during veg.

I was able to alleviate things enough to get her to harvest by foliar application of calmag, but she looked like shit until harvest.

I doubt this is all that helpful, but thought I would throw it out there.

Looks like you have locked out the Mg. Tang's schedule works best for Tang, I think it is out of balance.

View attachment 1607323

Too much K and or Ca? Or not enough Mg.
Thanks for this.

Was using GH trio before but was able to grab a couple of AN bottles for cheap. If you wouldn't mind, could you elaborate on your 'out of balance' comment? Would like to learn specifics for future reference.

Since initial post, I have once again flushed the medium and given a 700ppm feed with suitable ratios of the GH trio + a touch of calmag. PH and PPM is coming out at runoff the same as going in, so hopefully we will be ok.

Will update this thread at harvest (If it gets there) with a picture of the final plant so people can see the end results of how a sick plant in early flower finishes.

out of balance = excesses of some nutrients lock out /cause what looks like deficiencies in other nutrients i believe..
see @Mañ'O'Green 's chart above
gl

Thanks for this.

Was using GH trio before but was able to grab a couple of AN bottles for cheap. If you wouldn't mind, could you elaborate on your 'out of balance' comment? Would like to learn specifics for future reference.

Since initial post, I have once again flushed the medium and given a 700ppm feed with suitable ratios of the GH trio + a touch of calmag. PH and PPM is coming out at runoff the same as going in, so hopefully we will be ok.

Will update this thread at harvest (If it gets there) with a picture of the final plant so people can see the end results of how a sick plant in early flower finishes.
Look here:

Looks like Mg lockout or deficiency to me too. FWIW, I think she will finish fine, I have harvested excellent bud off plants that looked worse earlier in the cycle. Keep us posted, I will be interested to see how you make out. :goodluck:

Back