Do autoflower produce photoperiodic seeds?

So far any I've made from autos have been all auto had a herm here and there but 99% fem had 1 male in whole 2 years of trying them out
Cool thankyou, if it turns out to be a hermie what do I do, and how can I tell? So far it is 8 weeks old and still in veg

It will have male and fem parts if its a herm Google images to see if you can see anything that looks like yours and apparently if you keep the N low on herm seeds you can control them so they dont herm but thats only what I heard.@Beany9uk
20201127_092114.jpg

Last edited:
Some nice plants there, so do you meet that a self pollinated auto will create an auto or is it luck of the draw?
If you self pollenate, one method is to reverse a female autoflower (reversing means using STS, CS or another hormone blocking agent to purposely create a hermaphrodite and get male pollen sacs with (usually viable) female pollen (XX female VS XY male) from a female plant), yes you will most likely get a female autoflower that will grow without hermaphrodism and should grow without issues. The reason for a photoperiod outcome is usually due to instability in the genetics, a difficult environment for the plant to grow, or general end of life cycle for some sub species of C. Sativa which may be ancestors of the breed you are growing (as stated in previous posts)

[EDIT]
a self polinated plant creates seeds called S1 seeds as they are the first generation of selfed (self polinated) seeds. Each continuing generations are labeled S2, S3, S4 etc. Usually by S3 the selfied strain has destructed due to bottlenecking of genetics and you're screwed
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
If you self pollenate, one method is to reverse a female autoflower (reversing means using STS, CS or another hormone blocking agent to purposely create a hermaphrodite and get male pollen sacs with (usually viable) female pollen (XX female VS XY male) from a female plant), yes you will most likely get a female autoflower that will grow without hermaphrodism and should grow without issues. The reason for a photoperiod outcome is usually due to instability in the genetics, a difficult environment for the plant to grow, or general end of life cycle for some sub species of C. Sativa which may be ancestors of the breed you are growing (as stated in previous posts)

[EDIT]
a self polinated plant creates seeds called S1 seeds as they are the first generation of selfed (self polinated) seeds. Each continuing generations are labeled S2, S3, S4 etc. Usually by S3 the selfied strain has destructed due to bottlenecking of genetics and you're screwed
[/EDIT]
Thank you, i can't see any pollen sacks and it's definitely a photoperiod plant growing so does that mean it will be from a bud i purchased and not from my autoflowers? Do the sacks develop in veg or bloom? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I got this correct lol.

EDIT
I will try to get a picture later and upload it see what you guys think but I'm sure there's no pollen sacs

Last edited:
Thank you, i can't see any pollen sacks and it's definitely a photoperiod plant growing so does that mean it will be from a bud i purchased and not from my autoflowers? Do the sacks develop in veg or bloom? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I got this correct lol.

EDIT
I will try to get a picture later and upload it see what you guys think but I'm sure there's no pollen sacs
The seed being a photoperiod could still have come from a stray pollen particle from some random place on your plant, but i would have to say my bet is that the seed isn't from your plant if it's a photoperiod plant and you've only grown autoflowers.
Now, if you are (or someone around you is) growing a photoperiod somewhere it's possible.
Again, it sounds like it came from elsewhere than your plant.

So here's a bit in depth

Autoflowering is, at this time, considered to be a double recessive genetic trait, where as photoperiod flowering is considered to be a dominant trait. That means any time an autoflower is crossed with a TRUE photoperiod, a photoperiod is produced. HOWEVER if the photoperiod is a fast version or a quick version or whatever, it will already be crossed with an autoflower and it will have one dominant gene (photoperiod flowering) and one recessive gene (autoflowering). Causing the plant to flower more rapidly with (potentially) a bit less bud than the photoperiod parent but a lot more hardy and tolerant. This generation are usually called FV1 or Q1 or something else catchy by the breeder. They are cool and work great. f

Ifa fast version and an autoflower are crossed, there is a 1 in 4 chance (25%) that a plant will be an autoflower. 1 in 4 will be completely photoperiod dominate while the remaining 50% will remain heterozygous (have both the dominant and recessive gene for the photoperiod vs autoflower trait).
This Fast version and autoflower cross will be the first generation with autoflowers as possible offspring. So unless one of the parents carry the autoflowering trait as either an autoflower itself, or by having the auto trait in it as a recessive trait, i do not think that it is probable that this particular photoperiod seed is derived from an unpollinated feminized autoflowering cannabis plant. If this plant truly did come of virgin birth from an autoflowr, then that plant is a unicorn which should be genetically sequenced asap (i do not mean that rudely, i mean that seriously, i truly believe anything is possible and the best strains have come from almost mythical origin)

I should also note that while it would seem that my math would be off if i used a punnett square and it should be 50% of fv1x autos would be autoflowers, i have to note that fast versions are not always truly a Photoperiod by autoflower and as such some are not a true single Dominant and single recessive gene, i also have found plants do not want to autoflower when you go from Photoperiod to autoflower unless you personally are working through multiple generations of crossing

Some plants will self pollinate towards end of life cycle if they have not been pollinated. It's not necessarily that they were stressed by your interaction, but rather a natural response to environment.
So are the seeds going to be hermie seeds If this happens ,this happened to one of my sour kush plant it had some seeds,I never seen any nanners on the very strange ,I kept the seeds don’t know what rondo with them there was only 10 seeds

The seed being a photoperiod could still have come from a stray pollen particle from some random place on your plant, but i would have to say my bet is that the seed isn't from your plant if it's a photoperiod plant and you've only grown autoflowers.
Now, if you are (or someone around you is) growing a photoperiod somewhere it's possible.
Again, it sounds like it came from elsewhere than your plant.

So here's a bit in depth

Autoflowering is, at this time, considered to be a double recessive genetic trait, where as photoperiod flowering is considered to be a dominant trait. That means any time an autoflower is crossed with a TRUE photoperiod, a photoperiod is produced. HOWEVER if the photoperiod is a fast version or a quick version or whatever, it will already be crossed with an autoflower and it will have one dominant gene (photoperiod flowering) and one recessive gene (autoflowering). Causing the plant to flower more rapidly with (potentially) a bit less bud than the photoperiod parent but a lot more hardy and tolerant. This generation are usually called FV1 or Q1 or something else catchy by the breeder. They are cool and work great. f

Ifa fast version and an autoflower are crossed, there is a 1 in 4 chance (25%) that a plant will be an autoflower. 1 in 4 will be completely photoperiod dominate while the remaining 50% will remain heterozygous (have both the dominant and recessive gene for the photoperiod vs autoflower trait).
This Fast version and autoflower cross will be the first generation with autoflowers as possible offspring. So unless one of the parents carry the autoflowering trait as either an autoflower itself, or by having the auto trait in it as a recessive trait, i do not think that it is probable that this particular photoperiod seed is derived from an unpollinated feminized autoflowering cannabis plant. If this plant truly did come of virgin birth from an autoflowr, then that plant is a unicorn which should be genetically sequenced asap (i do not mean that rudely, i mean that seriously, i truly believe anything is possible and the best strains have come from almost mythical origin)
Thank you all, you have all been a massive help i think I get it now. Try to attach some pictures, as far as I can tell she is female but can someone confirm or deny?
20201203_095458.jpg
20201203_095400.jpg

Attachments

• 20201203_095413.jpg
    20201203_095413.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 20201203_095417.jpg
    20201203_095417.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 20201203_095432.jpg
    20201203_095432.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Thank you all, you have all been a massive help i think I get it now. Try to attach some pictures, as far as I can tell she is female but can someone confirm or deny?View attachment 1260689View attachment 1260685
I would determine it is, at this early point, a female. However, she has signs of stress from light, temperature and nutrient/ph issues, so watch out on that. So on her... It is possible she could hermie out easily so keep watching closely she could ruin a crop easily the moment she hermies... then youd have to bleach the entire grow area.

I would determine it is, at this early point, a female. However, she has signs of stress from light, temperature and nutrient/ph issues, so watch out on that. So on her... It is possible she could hermie out easily so keep watching closely she could ruin a crop easily the moment she hermies... then youd have to bleach the entire grow area.
Oh crap, lol ok thank you I will keep checking

Back