Do autoflower produce photoperiodic seeds?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I've been growing white widow autos and I found a seed so I planted it with another ww auto thinking they'd be both the same but it seems to be a photoperiod plant, could this have come from my plants or in a bud that I purchased and not realised? Mainly curious as I'm trying to figure out what I'm growing

Hello Everyone, I've been growing white widow autos and I found a seed so I planted it with another ww auto thinking they'd be both the same but it seems to be a photoperiod plant, could this have come from my plants or in a bud that I purchased and not realised? Mainly curious as I'm trying to figure out what I'm growing
I grew 4 seeds of my own that came from an autoflower plant. I think they were pollinated by a hermie auto flower. I got 1 female auto, 1 male auto, 1 hermie auto and 1 male photoperiod. Not sure if that helps or means anything, but it is possible for autoflowers to make a photoperiod.

Depends on who the daddy was, and how stable the strain genetics are. Photoperiod pollen will likely make photoperiod seeds, pollen from a different autoflower strains may do the same by releasing recessive tendencies back to photoperiod, and pollen from within the strain can do likewise if the strain genetics have not yet completely weeded out the tendency, or if the pollen came from unnoticed hermie events. Especially if you are growing outdoors, you really have no idea where the pollen came from - it can travel long distances.

Investing a lot of time and energy into bag or accidental seed is a serious crap shoot. I don't do it, at least not for my indoor efforts which have limited space. Deliberate seed production is a different matter because at least you know what plant provided the pollen, and that the pollen was not the result of hermie mischief.

Good luck with it.:pighug:

Seldom do I do seed production but recently found a some 9 yr old reg auto seeds and got a healthy bloodstone male, from which I collected pollen, the selectively pollinated nuggs of a mephisto ghost toof and a double grape (autos)....got bout 3 dozen seeds each of some nice fattys...
in a test, 4 for 4 popped...should be 50/50 mix of male/fem but will be autos.
It was fun to do and I'll pop a few more when I have a grow slot but usually just give'em away.

Thank you all, should of stated, there are no males around so my plant I'm guessing mine was a hermie so could that then self pollinate and produce a photoperiod seed?

Only found the 1 seed . Just puzzling me lol

Attachments

• 20201122_122629.jpg
    20201122_122629.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Thank you all, should of stated, there are no males around so my plant I'm guessing mine was a hermie so could that then self pollinate and produce a photoperiod seed?

Only found the 1 seed . Just puzzling me lol

Some plants will self pollinate towards end of life cycle if they have not been pollinated. It's not necessarily that they were stressed by your interaction, but rather a natural response to environment.

Some plants will self pollinate towards end of life cycle if they have not been pollinated. It's not necessarily that they were stressed by your interaction, but rather a natural response to environment.
Oh I thought it was mainly because I didn't harvest it in time, it was my first time growing and have heard if you leave it too late they can start producing seeds just assumed they would be autoflowers as i thought the seed came from an auto but now the plant appears to be a photoperiod its confused me lol

I've made quite alot of seeds in last 2 years some by accident and some on purpose I had a mephisto Ripley's og herm and pollinated a fastbuds gorilla glue i grew 2 of the seeds both were fully auto and female i called her space ape 1 of the tastiest autos I've ever grown
20200715_143853.jpg
20200715_143251.jpg

Last grow had a male stiltonx 3bear og that I did not see because it was much shorter than others in the tent ended up pollinating the whole tent and ended up with.
Cream cookies x stilton 3 bog
Strawberry pie x stilton 3 bog
Gorilla cookies x stilton 3 bog
LSD-25 x stilton 3bog
Every plant had seeds
20200925_172748.jpg

I've made quite alot of seeds in last 2 years some by accident and some on purpose I had a mephisto Ripley's og herm and pollinated a fastbuds gorilla glue i grew 2 of the seeds both were fully auto and female i called her space ape 1 of the tastiest autos I've ever grownView attachment 1258132View attachment 1258133
Last grow had a male stiltonx 3bear og that I did not see because it was much shorter than others in the tent ended up pollinating the whole tent and ended up with.
Cream cookies x stilton 3 bog
Strawberry pie x stilton 3 bog
Gorilla cookies x stilton 3 bog
LSD-25 x stilton 3bog
Every plant had seeds
View attachment 1258134
Some nice plants there, so do you meet that a self pollinated auto will create an auto or is it luck of the draw?

Some nice plants there, so do you meet that a self pollinated auto will create an auto or is it luck of the draw?
So far any I've made from autos have been all auto had a herm here and there but 99% fem had 1 male in whole 2 years of trying them out

Back