Do i flush with tap water (8.5) or wait till I get ph -/tester )coco coir)

You can't flush with out a ppm meter... How else will you know when to stop flushing, or if you need to flush? If you run 15-20 gallons of water through that pot you will completely shock the roots and things will get worse even faster. Tang didn't grow in coco.. Still doesn't.. That's a key factor to some of the issues.. I would recommend getting a ppm/ec meter. I would also advise that there is no set feeding chart or program that you can follow and grow great plants/weed. Every plant is different.. Every person's knowledge level is different.. Their environment, their medium/grow style, it's all different. Without a ppm/ec reading we don't know if your over feeding/under feeding or whether you need to flush or not. A ppm/ec meter will tell you how heavy/light your feed mixes are... It will tell you if your plant is feeding, or not feeding, by checking the run off.. If you have one, I would make it an almost every day tool. Coco is like hydro.. You should always be aware of your ph and ppm/ec when growing in coco.
hey you are 100%right im an idiot i used coco because i typed in a/b sensi nutes and it came up with the coco nutes and i just thought since then thats what he used im a idiot aha. Im going to buy some light soil for the next run and normal a/b sensi nutes. I was going to use BioBlizz light soil mix do you think this would be a good base soil? cheers

hey you are 100%right im an idiot i used coco because i typed in a/b sensi nutes and it came up with the coco nutes and i just thought since then thats what he used im a idiot aha. Im going to buy some light soil for the next run and normal a/b sensi nutes. I was going to use BioBlizz light soil mix do you think this would be a good base soil? cheers
There are some growers here that do well with the Bio-Bizz light mix @autobeast does very well with it. I personally do not like soils that are pre-charged. The problem always seems to be the timing of the additions and the quality control of the product? I would rather see you continue with the coco and learn how to grow in it or go full organic soil. Just using 2 parts of the AN system will never get you to what the genetics of the plant are capable of. Get it all and you will not be disappointed. If this is more than a hobby AN is hard on the bottom line.

Reactions: Flux

errorcode_11

Consistently helped me so much and really made my growing experience better
There are some growers here that do well with the Bio-Bizz light mix @autobeast does very well with it. I personally do not like soils that are pre-charged. The problem always seems to be the timing of the additions and the quality control of the product? I would rather see you continue with the coco and learn how to grow in it or go full organic soil. Just using 2 parts of the AN system will never get you to what the genetics of the plant are capable of. Get it all and you will not be disappointed. If this is more than a hobby AN is hard on the bottom line.
cheers mate i recon i will stick with coco then aha. so ive just looked online and i have a precise ppm reading for my water :
273.5 mg/l (or parts per million):Calcium Carbonate
109.4 mg/l (or parts per million):Calcium
2.735 mmol/l:Millimoles
my water is classed as hard. my main question is is this too high? for soil or coco.:thanks: (if it is too high is there anything i can do to bring it down?)

Also one more thing can i carry on using carbonload/overdrive for coco? what ml/l would you recommend with sensi a/b ,carbon load and overdrive (if i can still use these two)?

Last edited:
cheers mate i recon i will stick with coco then aha. so ive just looked online and i have a precise ppm reading for my water :
my water is classed as hard. my main question is is this too high? for soil or coco.:thanks: (if it is too high is there anything i can do to bring it down?)
i don't use them as my water is soft but there are some hard water nutes available for coco if that helps

Also one more thing can i carry on using carbonload/overdrive for coco? what ml/l would you recommend with sensi a/b ,carbon load and overdrive (if i can still use these two)?
If you look at the Nutrient Balance chart you can see the range for calcium is 80 - 140 mg/l. Your starting water has 109.4 mg/l already so in this case I would just go with the regular base nutrients you do not need extra calcium. If adding the base nutrients takes you over the 140 mg/l and the ~50 mg/l that the coco will use then you need to start diluting your tap water with Distilled water or RO.

The information for your water quality is going to be at the source and does not include what it may have picked up from the plumbing to your faucet. This becomes really important with old plumbing. If you really want to know about your water send a sample to a lab for an "Irrigation Analysis" .

The other thing you can do is buy an RO filter system. This might be chaper than a lab analysis. Then you know exactly what you are starting with ZERO. I actually blend RO and tap to get to about 80 PPM. I don't run AN I am currently experimenting with GreenLeaf Mega Crop 2 Part. I have had a couple of problems but I will get it worked out for Autos. My photoperiod formula is pretty good now.

ScreenHunter_311 Dec. 09 11.27.jpg

If you look at the Nutrient Balance chart you can see the range for calcium is 80 - 140 mg/l. Your starting water has 109.4 mg/l already so in this case I would just go with the regular base nutrients you do not need extra calcium. If adding the base nutrients takes you over the 140 mg/l and the ~50 mg/l that the coco will use then you need to start diluting your tap water with Distilled water or RO.

The information for your water quality is going to be at the source and does not include what it may have picked up from the plumbing to your faucet. This becomes really important with old plumbing. If you really want to know about your water send a sample to a lab for an "Irrigation Analysis" .

The other thing you can do is buy an RO filter system. This might be chaper than a lab analysis. Then you know exactly what you are starting with ZERO. I actually blend RO and tap to get to about 80 PPM. I don't run AN I am currently experimenting with GreenLeaf Mega Crop 2 Part. I have had a couple of problems but I will get it worked out for Autos. My photoperiod formula is pretty good now.

View attachment 1280699
cheers mate all this info has helped me bare. Good luck to ya plants bro hope they do good. :thanks: :smokeit:

Back