Do these look hungry

Taking just before and haven't been fed nearly 2 days

View attachment 1626339
The reason I tagged @Antonio_DutchPassion Is with biotabs your not going to get better advice as he grew using them before they were even biotabs and he has helped me to get myself very comfortable growing with them and I would consider him a biotabs pro and a great grower winning lots of praise and cups in the industry

Thanks @St. Tom its much appreciated as I want ti stick with biotab and just bought 5L of orgatrex and in future I'll stick with the classic strategy and feed orgatrex.

I spent a lot of money on the stuff lately and have 2kg pots of startrex, silicum flash, compost tea, ive got the pk5-8 and boom boom spray, ive tubs of bactrex and packets of tablets I dont think there's anything left lol all the gear but nae idea

Thanks @St. Tom its much appreciated as I want ti stick with biotab and just bought 5L of orgatrex and in future I'll stick with the classic strategy and feed orgatrex.

I spent a lot of money on the stuff lately and have 2kg pots of startrex, silicum flash, compost tea, ive got the pk5-8 and boom boom spray, ive tubs of bactrex and packets of tablets I dont think there's anything left lol all the gear but nae idea
look at my last grow i got a great harvest and the buds were easily on par with my bottled nutes Also I never bothered with the compost tea or the orgatrex but I did use the pk 5.8 but I do the water-only method . what I'm saying is don't throw to many products into the mix plus I mainly used the flash stuff when I pot my plants up

[Simply ignore this, if off-topic, too generic, with someone here needing specific help with their grow].

I'm glad I grow in coco/perlite. Rather than simplifying growing, from the discussion here it looks to me that using BioTabs (the full package) is materials-intensive (particularly vs. products like MegaCrop); involves a regimen as complex (or more?) vs. salt-based nutes; is labor-intensive (e.g,, manually brew teas); is far from the ideal in soil of just adding water; and as shown here (and like soil, in general), involves more unknowns and risks of something going bad, with much less ability to rapidly correct any nutrient-related issues. Do BioTabs result in a better (more 'organic') product, are BioTabs simpler vs. mixing your own soil, or what is the benefit to using them? [Or am I misunderstanding something here?]

Looking at this last vid and the current condition of the plant and its leaves I'm thinking it might even be a K deficiency

Having a potassium deficiency can cause a wide array of problems that result in both Ca/Mg deficiencies as well the overall yellow looking colour you are having now.

It's hard to lay a finger on the exact cause of this, but I have a feeling it might have started as an environmental problem and progressed into a nutrient lockout... as experience has learned and looking at the stage it is currently in.. it ain't easy to fix

Here is some more info about nutrient deficiencies and excesses, hope that helps ;

Seeing the start and progress is often the best to understand what has happened...

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 14.50.07.png

It kind of looks like this in my opinion, what do you all think?

@Antonio_DutchPassion I thunk you may be right. I have tagged you in a thread I started 10 days ago and you will see 1st signs and what my concerns were.

So lol what do I do haha.. should I buy some chicken shit or get on to the PK boosters like compost tea or pk5-8?

I just bought this so I hope that might give me more answers about qhats happening inside the pot, I know it's cheap and cheerful and definitely not a bluemat but the reviews speak volumes so it's worth £12 lol
Screenshot_20230824-174001_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I think getting some Pk Booster could help, but again, now its really a trial and error thing. Change one thing at a time, look if the plants improves or not. And if not, start changing another thing.

Looking at the stem in the picture, its already quite an 'old' plant right?

When you get some Pk Booster, give it just a bit more than what is usually recommended, don't overdo it, but maybe around 25-50% more to add to your first dosage/watering. Then after that just give the recommend dosage with each watering and see if the plant/leaves get more colour back

Regarding the combined meter, I have no idea if this is good or not, personally I always like digital meters when it comes to grow-room data. Much more accurate in general.. However, keeping it somewhere in the green/sweet spot should be sufficient I guess?

Thanks @Antonio_DutchPassion for your reply and as above I've copied and hope it makes sense

Yeah I think getting some Pk Booster could help, but again, now its really a trial and error thing. Change one thing at a time, look if the plants improves or not. And if not, start changing another thing.

Looking at the stem in the picture, its already quite an 'old' plant right?

my plant is around 10 month old, she was a clone from a broken bramch from a mandarin panties I was trying down in flower

When you get some Pk Booster, give it just a bit more than what is usually recommended, don't overdo it, but maybe around 25-50% more to add to your first dosage/watering. Then after that just give the recommend dosage with each watering and see if the plant/leaves get more colour back

what I've been doing is lowering the ph from over 7.2 to 6.5 by adding a trickle of PK5-8 into 1 5l pot x2 and the ec is only 0.7 and ive found an improvement already (see attachments) I'll start giving her the increased dosage on next feed. I also have the PK compost tea so I'll make some if that this week.

Regarding the combined meter, I have no idea if this is good or not, personally I always like digital meters when it comes to grow-room data. Much more accurate in general..

I agree they are more accurate and it could be my next treat I buy as I do find it helps me know when to actually water.. my pot was bone dry in the first 1in and I'd probably water her but now I've got those prongs on the reader I can get a good 8in into the soil and what might be dry 1in at the top could be 80%wet around 8in deeper! Now I know its important to let air get aroumd the root zone I'm thinking my issues may be my own ignorance of overwatering.

However, keeping it somewhere in the green/sweet spot should be sufficient I guess?

thats what I hope to achieve and only water when I see it around the 40%

-------

So here we are today and I do think things are improving. The leaves turning nice green and lots of bud sites developing and I'm even seeing some trichome development on the leaves. It's definitely not snow but I'm on day 24 and I'm really pleased how she's made slight progress and I do think your advice to get that reader thing has helped so much , albeit no digital but I'm understanding things better and as important a PH pen is fir growing in coco I think one of these pens is good for this type of growing,
20230828_100158.jpg
20230828_100216.jpg
20230828_100206.jpg
20230828_100136.jpg

Thanks for your time and advice and I'll give you regular updates how things progress.

Last edited:
Hi folks just a little update to all especially @Antonio_DutchPassion as I do think things have improved

I have been feeding PK5-8 and using the meter to guide me when to water next. My soil PH is around 6 but tbh I'm thinking of buying digital as itll give more accurate readings.

I actually thought my soil should be at 7 or there abouts under neutral but have since read cannabis does lile aroumd the 5 to 7 so I think im all good and my plants definitely look happier and tbh healthier..

I am dedoliating the dead leaves away and have most gone and ill only pluck 2 to 3 each day now, I'll do a strip on day 40 but just now I think things are well.

I'm going to cook up some compost tea tomight so it's be ready for aroumd 9am Saturday morning and I plan to give her and my autos ¾L each

Anyway here's my ladies taken just now
20230831_194405.jpg
20230831_194356.jpg
20230831_194349.jpg
20230831_194339.jpg
20230831_194332.jpg
20230831_194318.jpg
20230831_192912.jpg
20230831_192727.jpg
20230831_192722.jpg
20230831_192715.jpg
20230831_192659.jpg

Let the flower show begin its day 28 today and I do think these will improve as the weeks go by and the leaves disappear

Thanks all

Here's a short video

Back