Dolomite lime for soil?

Reaction score
Ive been having alot of cal/mag issues with my plants ive been using liquid cal/mag and its just doesnt seem to be enough.in veg state they grow well but once i start flowering its like i cant keep up with what the plant is taking in even though ive added enough cal/mag to my water to kill an ox! So im wondering if adding a bit of dolomite lime to the soil is a better solution instead of the liquid cal/mag?

Sounds like you were more likely dealing with lockout if excess liquid CalMag did not solve the problem.

Dolomite can help buffer soil, but the dose required is no easier to get right than is the dose of CalMag. Further, just about any prepared soil mix you buy will already have dolomite lime in it which makes dosing even trickier.

If you have decent photos of the problems you have had, asking about them in the infirmary by filling in the form would be your best bet for helpful advice for the next grow.

Good luck with it. :goodluck:

Ive been having alot of cal/mag issues with my plants ive been using liquid cal/mag and its just doesnt seem to be enough.in veg state they grow well but once i start flowering its like i cant keep up with what the plant is taking in even though ive added enough cal/mag to my water to kill an ox! So im wondering if adding a bit of dolomite lime to the soil is a better solution instead of the liquid cal/mag?

How do you know it is a Cal-mag issue? Please fill this form out and post in the infirmary:

Please fill in this form: (copy and paste part is below, this first one tell what specifically to include)

-Problem: (brief description)
-Medium/grow method: soil; soilless-- coco, or peat based like Promix, etc. (please provide the actual product name); DWC, NFT, etc.
-Feed and supplements used: include brand, dosage/strength, frequency of feeding and watering (alone); method-- by hand, drippers, rercirc' or drain-to-waste,... N-P-K #'s too if you can!
-Water source: RO/DI; tap- dechlorinated-?..... EC or TDS reading; pH (don't bother with this on RO/DI, do bother with TDS/EC though to confirm it's working well enough)
-Strain and age
-Climate: night and day ambient T and RH%; res' temperatures; any extremes in T/RH% exposure
- Light used: HID, LED, COB, combo of,... wattage; light cycle hours (20/4, 18/6 , etc.); distance to tops....
-Additional info: PH in the root zone. How long have the plants been affected?...How fast did symptoms appear?... Anything else you think might be relevant..

--Pictures including WHOLE PLANT PICS, and troubled leaves.. use normal light or flash as other light sources ruin color rendering, critical for diagnostics! Turn off the grow lights.

✂ - - - - - - - - - - -
(copy and paste)-->

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

Feed: and supplements used:

water source:

PH in the root zone:

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

Back