Mephisto Genetics Double Grape Review

N/A-Greengo

Insomniac Extraordinaire
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
full

Double Grape is a legendary cultivar. She flourishes easily when grown organically, and fed a basic dry ammendment schedule. Through flower she becomes thirsty requiring daily watering. She's oily and very resinous, and an absolute trichome factory that benefits greatly from Silica supplementation. But as always, with heavy trichome coverage, and heavy resin production she can be prone to Botrytis infection. So it is wise to keep the RH a bit lower in the flowering stage. During flower, she produces a slight skunk, and prominent deep rich Grape Merlot type aroma that is extremely loud. Her aroma becomes increasingly louder near the end of her 65-70 day harvest window. In this case she reached around 30 inches in heighth, and she yielded 72.5 grams of green and purple buds. She was truly beautiful.

full

DSC_1299_2.JPG

In the vape, her flavour carries on the slight skunk edge, and sweet Grape Merlot esque aroma that sticks to the palate for a lengthy time. Her effects are extreme body numbing relaxation, accompanied by a focused cerebral that I find makes it much easier to sleep.

She's a stellar easy growing cultivar, that I highly recommend every grower new an old to at least try once.

Thanks for stopping in for a look!
:peace:

I am growing two of these at the moment. One is young and the other is showing signs of flower. The one that is showing signs of flower has a deficiency. I think it’s a cal-mag issue. Your grow is absolutely beautiful and hopefully I can reach your success with her. Congratulations on a wonderful grow.

I am growing two of these at the moment. One is young and the other is showing signs of flower. The one that is showing signs of flower has a deficiency. I think it’s a cal-mag issue. Your grow is absolutely beautiful and hopefully I can reach your success with her. Congratulations on a wonderful grow.
Thank you @FRUMPLEMEIST !

Yours could have a calmag issue. But keep in mind that at the beginning, and through flowering your plant will also demand elevated P&K levels as well...
:goodluck:

I recently grew 2 of these in coco with GH Flora nutes. I can confirm the skunkiness and couchlock. People who are used to street weed were floored. One plant was the frostiest I've grown. She gave 92 grams of finished bud. Her bigger sister gave 234 grams. Different phenotypes i guess. They both had the same coco, same nutes. They each had a 100w LED board, but the bigger one had an HLG100, the smaller one had a $40 Yuson knockoff. I see why this strain is popular for breeding.

I recently grew 2 of these in coco with GH Flora nutes. I can confirm the skunkiness and couchlock. People who are used to street weed were floored. One plant was the frostiest I've grown. She gave 92 grams of finished bud. Her bigger sister gave 234 grams. Different phenotypes i guess. They both had the same coco, same nutes. They each had a 100w LED board, but the bigger one had an HLG100, the smaller one had a $40 Yuson knockoff. I see why this strain is popular for breeding.
The varying spectrum from light to light can have a tremendous effect on growth patterns. Variances in blues and reds are usually the main culprits. UVA and IR will also effect growth as well, but more commonly it's the other two factors I previously mentioned.
:d5:

Last edited:
Great review, thanks for sharing. Double Grape is definitely one of our flagship strains and one that every Meph Head should try at least once.

Back