Drying question

I've struggled with drying/curing. I grow these amazing shiny trichome covered buds then they always have a freshly cut grass smell. It has gotten better, my last harvest of Gelato actually smells sweet and citrusy, but there's a hint of grass still. It's very disheartening. I've tried different methods of drying and cure in glass, use a hygrometer and still haven't had luck.

I've struggled with drying/curing. I grow these amazing shiny trichome covered buds then they always have a freshly cut grass smell. It has gotten better, my last harvest of Gelato actually smells sweet and citrusy, but there's a hint of grass still. It's very disheartening. I've tried different methods of drying and cure in glass, use a hygrometer and still haven't had luck.
Dude I'm there with you. They smelt great for a few days now hay grassy smell so I'm letting em dry out again before I seal em up and hope that helps. I gotta get me a damn wood moisture meter to start checking before I jar cuz I suck at this and f**k it up every time and I'm ready to give up if I don't get it right soon. Years of heart aches and money wasted. So mad at myself. This plant can really fuck with your ego when you can't get it right. I feel like a failure. Growing weed is easy as shit to me. Harvesting it is where it messes me up. I'm gonna have to get a meter and if I can't get it right from there I'm frickin done with it. I'll just buy dispensary weed and quit if I fail my next harvest. Start growing veggies and fruit instead.

Harvesting it is where it messes me up. I'm gonna have to get a meter and if I can't get it right from there I'm frickin done with it.
Stay with it man. You'll get there. FWIW my cures improved overall (and significantly) when I started using grove bags. YMMV, IMHO, etc.

Dude I'm there with you. They smelt great for a few days now hay grassy smell so I'm letting em dry out again before I seal em up and hope that helps. I gotta get me a damn wood moisture meter to start checking before I jar cuz I suck at this and f**k it up every time and I'm ready to give up if I don't get it right soon. Years of heart aches and money wasted. So mad at myself. This plant can really fuck with your ego when you can't get it right. I feel like a failure. Growing weed is easy as shit to me. Harvesting it is where it messes me up. I'm gonna have to get a meter and if I can't get it right from there I'm frickin done with it. I'll just buy dispensary weed and quit if I fail my next harvest. Start growing veggies and fruit instead.

This has been my experience as well. I have found that, with each weekly burp, that hay smell goes away again - and the next week has a little less of it. I am guessing that's why people report Grove Bags to work so well - because that whole process of letting the chlorophyll gas escape is optimized. Not that I understand it, but... SCIENCE! :bow:

You guys need to bag sweat for a week or two. Can't speak for groove bags but a sweat for a week or two will pull out that excess moisture. You need to have atleast 50rh I like 55-60rh no more than 65 if your room is dry you are losing terps. Even if your bud sucks still thc. Make edibles.

This has been my experience as well. I have found that, with each weekly burp, that hay smell goes away again - and the next week has a little less of it. I am guessing that's why people report Grove Bags to work so well - because that whole process of letting the chlorophyll gas escape is optimized. Not that I understand it, but... SCIENCE! :bow:
The chlorophyll gets eaten by bacteria that lives without oxygen when the jar is sealed.

The chlorophyll gets eaten by bacteria that lives without oxygen when the jar is sealed.

Is the gas released as a byproduct of that consumption what we're smelling when we burp? I ask only because I notice it most strongly each time I burp - but once I am about to re-seal, the smells are much more what I would expect.

I'm not sure. I just know the sugars and chlorophyll get eaten by anaerobic bacteria. They consume it stay stay alive and multiply

My understanding is that the bacteria that break down chlorophyll are aerobic - hence the need for burping.

My understanding is that the bacteria that break down chlorophyll are aerobic - hence the need for burping.
Looks like your right I read that too maybe it's both that do. I know that when I sweat with the bags before Jars I got nice consistency and not seeing mold when I don't open jar

Back