Drying question

When before I just bag dry vapedd good but still had to much moisture in core and molded after two months of not opening and the ones I sweated didn't because that had less moisture it's a fine line you lose moisture too much and terps go no cure can be done. To much and you get mold. Nothing's more disappointing then opening a jar that for vape nice and smell good and is ruined.

Looks like your right I read that too maybe it's both that do. I know that when I sweat with the bags before Jars I got nice consistency and not seeing mold when I don't open jar
Yes. FWIW I dry in bags too. Usually whole branch hang (unless I can manage whole plant) for 3-4 days and then trim out and sweat the buds in paper bags until I get 65% RH on a jar test. Then grove bags.

You guys need to bag sweat for a week or two. Can't speak for groove bags but a sweat for a week or two will pull out that excess moisture. You need to have atleast 50rh I like 55-60rh no more than 65 if your room is dry you are losing terps. Even if your bud sucks still thc. Make edibles.
That's usually what I end up doing, making edibles. But I like smoking. My edibles come out way too strong. I need to figure out how to tone it down. Lol and I think I may try the brown paper bag after the dry to sweat the buds like you said. Do you open bag daily? I've never brown bagged my buds yet but I'm gonna have to try. That and a moisture meter might help me also.

Stay with it man. You'll get there. FWIW my cures improved overall (and significantly) when I started using grove bags. YMMV, IMHO, etc.
Yeah I came so far to quit now but it's discouraging after years of mistakes. I feel bad for everyone who was doing this before the internet had any info. Shit!!! Even with all the info I still manage to screw it all up

That's usually what I end up doing, making edibles. But I like smoking. My edibles come out way too strong. I need to figure out how to tone it down. Lol and I think I may try the brown paper bag after the dry to sweat the buds like you said. Do you open bag daily? I've never brown bagged my buds yet but I'm gonna have to try. That and a moisture meter might help me also.

There is some good info on the brown paper bag curing method in the part of the forum. Good luck in the rabbit hole

You can make a standardized extract with alcohol if you have access to 190proof and know what a gram of oil feels like divided by however many pieces. Or you could do same with flower problem is flower can fluctuate more.. but when in doubt eat half or a quarter wait a few hours on empty stomach to really see check out @Mañ'O'Green video on making a standardized chocolate bar with mold. 25 pieces

You can make a standardized extract with alcohol if you have access to 190proof and know what a gram of oil feels like divided by however many pieces. Or you could do same with flower problem is flower can fluctuate more.. but when in doubt eat half or a quarter wait a few hours on empty stomach to really see check out @Mañ'O'Green video on making a standardized chocolate bar with mold. 25 pieces
I don't know how you do your edibles, but make feco and weigh the amount in the syringe. They say it is hard to get higher than 50% thc at home. so if you have a 1000mg syringe a 50% that is 500mg the divided by the pice count. So I make chocolate cubes that are 2.5 grams of chocolate. I make 100 at 5mg with 250 grams of chocolate.

I don't know how you do your edibles, but make feco and weigh the amount in the syringe. They say it is hard to get higher than 50% thc at home. so if you have a 1000mg syringe a 50% that is 500mg the divided by the pice count. So I make chocolate cubes that are 2.5 grams of chocolate. I make 100 at 5mg with 250 grams of chocolate.
Idk I think I can get Purer than that I mean you can ever winterize if you want if you try to get every last drop it won't be as pure @Mañ'O'Green said 1g rosin 700mg. with a solvent you should be able to get higher. To do that with 190 freeze 190 and bud mix together for 2 minutes max after being in freezer filter liquid thru coffee filter. Evaporate be careful know what you're doing just because it's only alcohol and not butane dont mean something bad can't happen do your research on what your doing to be safe never use anything electric or fire to evaporate alcohol. Stay safe.

@olbobcat I bet your soaking your stuff at room temperature. And maybe for a long time. Nothing wrong with soaking more just not as pure alcohol is mostly polar chlorophyll is polar so it pulls it out. Freezing it stop it from coming out. Your resin is non polar. Chlorophyll is a health supplement. Pulls heavy metals out of your body and is an anti oxidant. But smoking it sucks. But if you're are taking it as an rso you can just eat more. if you are smoking it you want it pure.

Back