New Grower DWC, Megacrop, Forgotten Cookies. COBS and QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t smoke much at all. I have teenagers and they know about the grow but I want to keep the exposure down. So I vape occasionally and make tinctures and chocolates so we can consume discretely. Amongst others who have tried my Medicine I think GG4 has been the big hit because of potency and overall bag appeal. Dark devil was a pain in the ass but a great smoke. Most of the Dutch passion stuff has been real hard hitting sativas and they get huge in DWC. Really the most pleased with Fastbuds and Mephito. Usually have best germination with Mephisto. Preliminary samples of the Forgotten Cookies has been very smooth. I might think about adding that to the list of regulars but we shall see after a few more testers weigh in.

I dont have any kids, unless ya count cats, then i got 3. But i do live with a constant low level of dear as i wait for the jackboot wearing gestapo to kick in my door cause im growing the dope lol.
If it ever does get legalized im gonna blow this house up with plants lol.
So you mentioned tinctures and chocolates and such...not sure if its okay to talk about that sorta stuff openly in afn, but do you do your own extracting?
Ive been messin with medibles for about 3 years now. Started on the stovetop making butter and coconut oil(which i much prefer to butter), grabbed a magic butter machine so i could do quantity a bit easier, and havent looked back.
One of the things ive been fantasizing about lately is doing my own "from seed to table" dinner party with my homegrown bud as the source material

Been refining my Medibles.

Started with the old school decarb and soak in grain and crockpot with coconut oil and a dab of lecithin.

Now I have dine away with green plant material and only use the trichromes from a dry sift. I use much less grain that way and it’s much easier to figure dosages.

I like a nice dark bitter chocolate so the simple coconut oil and dark cacao powder is great for me.

Using the dry sift for tincture has been much easier to work through variety of product as well as processing methods. I have a heated hot plate magnetic stirrer and several beakers for mixing and then evaporating/ distilling our the alcohol. I then use vegetable glycerin for final dilution. The end product is much easier to add to any drink without harsh taste, probably more of a medible than a tincture but it works very well. I play around with sublingual tinctures when the alcohol is still their for quick absorption but with grain so far it’s been like chewing in hot coals.

I also distill my own spirits also. I am going to make some rum and bourbon tinctures down around 80 proof and see how that works out when sweetened with the bases I gave now for quick absorption. But really not that important to me because I never really need it that fast. Medibles seem to reach a nice level for me of body relaxation that holds out very well. Topping the tank when I can lose time ( nights) helps keep it all smooooooooooooooth.

:chimp:

"Like chewing hot coals" thats funny. I described it to someone as, imagine a throat full of raw hamburger that is somehow on fire.
The tinctures ive made are evil but they will put you down.
If you ever need a tester for any of these amazing things let me know lol!

Last two Forgotten Cookies are dried to 62% RH and into Jars. Total for the last two was 438 grams. 15.6 ounces, or 7.8 ounces average per plant for those last two. They were big and sloppy and went close to 90 plus days. Now just to let them chill in a dark area and cure for at least 30 days.

37F13D98-E596-4167-8DB1-7D375A1D898C.jpeg

C554A5AD-FAC3-4785-899E-E75800CF1B6F.jpeg

So now to highlight how it all happened.

5 Mephisto Forgotten Cookies in DWC produced over 2lbs in 90days. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen as I had never run Mephisto and heard they run small. Impressed by the structure and how I could manipulate. I could have done better and think these plants could easily produce more if I ran them a second time. I truly was caught off guard by the amount of secondary shoots that went crazy in the stretch. More room to open these up and manicure would help.

Lights !!!!! These plants had no problem producing hard sticky bud. The plants structure and development was almost identical. Some were quicker and some slower but otherwise the density and shape of the flowers were identical. 17/7 and 16/8 with 4k QBs for some and 3k/4K cree Cobs for the others and plants produced identical. I do want to run less hours in the fall as an experiment but I can tell you that I am definitely overjoyed with the amount of top quality medicine at 16/8 to convince me to run there for a bit.

This entire run was done in DWC without ever dumping and refilling a bucket. Always topped off and completely stable. Megacrop as base nutrients with GH Cal/mag. Epsom and bacteria as needed and then GH Maxibloom and powder Kool bloom to finish them off. Always added nutrients directly to the reservoir.

I truly appreciate all those that stopped in and commented or just liked an image. This was my first full grow documented and I know I could have been a little more in depth sometimes but I’m really just hack do not ever really sure what I’m actually doing. Just trying to wing it and enjoy the ride. Just so happens it worked out well.

@stan_mephisto thanks for making such a stable well done product. I will be ordering more of your stuff ASAP.

To the AFN crowd. Going to start my “one and only thread” soon. Wasn’t sure if that was going to be how I roll but I had a great time sharing this grow so hoping to be here awhile.

FB

Congrats on the BALLER grow/harvest!!! I think some of us enjoyed reading your journal as much as you enjoyed writing it, keep it up and tag me up if/when you start another one!!!

Congrats on the BALLER grow/harvest!!! I think some of us enjoyed reading your journal as much as you enjoyed writing it, keep it up and tag me up if/when you start another one!!!

Thanks, fun to learn together. You’ll be tagged when it starts. Got a few things to work on first.
:frog:

Forgot, this here is the dry sift from the first 3 FCs. Little bit of green in there. Was using a 110 LPI silk screen but stopped because high humidity so there is still some green in this. Will get back to it.
This is just trim that was sifted, Mephisto are some frosty girls.

E83038EF-F4FA-4D06-A1FF-1EB89D87B920.jpeg

Sift from the Critical 2.0 CBD. Looks greener but actuall just Amber. This is fully sifted but I let it go allllllllll the way, sleepy time medicine.

819FEA33-08F8-4193-B47E-0D22FF461D7E.jpeg

And from the Northern Cheese Haze, convinced I screwed up this one. Happy with yield but she was not as frosty as the FCs. Just a wee bit o kief.

43490558-E833-415A-A3EF-1253F5A39428.jpeg

Still have the trim from the last two FCs to process. Been sifting and separating the kief. Then rolling the leaf into pre rolls to have on hand. Thought the leaf would be harsh and have no high. Smokes really smooth with great flavor and gives a nice fully body high that makes you super relaxed, and super hungry. But from just the first three plants I rolled over 100. Yeah I got carried away, medicated and tried out my new RAW six shooter. 120 kings later I ran out of trim. These joints obviously aren’t for the pros who need high THC but are a great party favor smoke to keep everyone chill but not knocked out. And since it’s trim, let it rain canna.

I’m new to this whole growing thing and didn’t realize there was so much useable product in just one little plant.

:chimp:

Jeezus h macy! Dont take this the wrong way, but will you marry me?!?!?
This guy here, growing monster girls, whipping up kief/hash, making medibles.

Heya FB, can you give us a pic of your sift setup?
Ive actually got bubblebags but ive never used em, not sure where to get dry ice and not thrilled by the idea of doing icewater hash.
I am intrigued by dry sifting tho, what do you use, do you sift onto a table or a tray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back