Extraction My 1st edible/oil experiment

JSH1973

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
So with all plants now chopped and drying and curing, I decided to try and make some oil/butter for baking stoner cookies :biggrin:

Over the last month I have been making a bit of kief from dried sugar leaves and flower trimmings etc. But I have thrown the leftovers into a coffee jar as I went along and all of a sudden there was 100 gram of still very frosty dry trim :weed:

I had 170 gram of good quality coconut oil which I mixed with 125 gram of butter and liquified/heated and mixed really well
50 gram of above mentioned dry trim decarbed in the oven for 40 minutes
After decarbing it I let the weed and also the butter/coco oil mix cool off a little before I poured the mix over the weed, mixed really well but it was soaking it up so I had to think out of the box and ended up adding some olive oil, covered up and back in the oven now at 90 degrees celcius for a few hours to infuse before I strain it and let it cool over night.
Any suggestions for cookies and any idea of what kinda strength to expect?

Depends how potent the sugar leaves and how much resin is left on them I feel like concentrates might be easier to dose because atleast oil is usually atleast 70 percent if not more but the trim could be ten to twenty five percent. Kind of hard to exactly dose without a lab. But just try a smaller piece so you can Gage. You could throw the coconut oil in a milk shake or make nice cream which is frozen fruit and a little coconut milk etc or raw milk if you have access to it. I do cacao banana frozen and coconut milk some raw honey if you want but it's already sweet enough for me maybe add cinnamon and coffee of your into that. Might be better to make oil with concentrates so you can use less coconut oil

Didn't think of Nice Cream, I have a couple of juicers with homogoniser attachments to make it really easy

Nice yes you can infuse honey too and add that the possibilities are endless

Nice yes you can infuse honey too and add that the possibilities are endless
Making honey at the moment, I started yesterday and will give it another 6 hours in the slow cooker today.
Im using the 100 gram fresh frozen trim I got the 4 gram of ice water hash from a few days ago, I dehydrated it afterwards and it turned into 18g of dry quite Trichome full material still.

Back