Enail options

Mizzo81

Canna grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
well just like it says. Not looking to torch but looking to dab some rosin. Looking to see what people r using and opinions. Seeing as they’re not cheap I would like to make sure I’m gonna be happy with it. Or just go cheap and get a torch and deal with it. I already have a water rig with a male end. I have a female bowl and use it for dry herbs now. @lunarman and that’s all I can think. I know u just got into it too

Hey Mizzo my man. I am very happy with New Vape products. Affordable, made in the USA for the most part. Onshore support out of Florida. And great selection of plates, flowerpots, glass, controllers, nails, titanium, Sic etc.

I don't even know what an enail is these days. I guess its the PID controller, the heater cable and coil at the end that ends up under the dish or bowl and heats it. Whatever it is, I do like it. I dont want open flame torches around for one thing from a safety point of view. And the super fast heat up times and precision control of the temp is key features/benefits of an enail.

What I did was use the same controller I use for my rosin press. that saves money getting in to enails right there. And you might be able to reuse some glass if you have something that accepts the male or female nails you can get.

I do like enails for sure. I'm not using my wax pen at home any more because the rip off a rosin nail is so potent. You sure dont need much. And the taster is better than pens too. So ya, I'm all in. New to it, but I'm all in for sure.

@lunarman thanks I’ll check them out. What temps u using it at

I run the PID at 315F for my rosin plates which gets them heated up to 200F. For the enail I run the PID at 600F which works well. Takes like two minutes to heat up to 600F so it's fast. And once up to temp, temp does not drift and you don't have to reheat with a torch every time. Its very slick.

Newvape is in to what they call Twixing or Twaxing, which is basically an enail with that they call a flowerpot which allows you do combine both flower material and rosin in one device at the same time. If you're still in to flowers, you might want to look at that approach. Looks cool, but not what I was looking for. But I was told a lot of people that hang at fuck combustables like twaxing.

upload_2018-9-1_19-46-32.png

Only thing I don’t like the taste of vaping after the first hit I’m sure concentrates r different. I’ll probably stay away from the flower pot.

@Mizzo81 @lunarman hey guys my pid for enail is pre set to 711°f. Said was recommended temp but goes to like 1000°f. If I try under like 685 or so it pools. Try 711°f, I think it may be strain dependent as well. I have done some gsc at higher temp with torch and great flavor. With a torch much less efficient, hard to get it just right because once you stop the torch temp starts to fall. If you want best flavor and smooth hits I would stay lower temps with enail. Torch your blasting with no knowledge of temp. Then you have to wait till it cools down. If its glowing its to damn hot lol. I'm more into flavor myself so rarely use a torch unless I'm outside or something.

@Mizzo81 @lunarman hey guys my pid for enail is pre set to 711°f. Said was recommended temp but goes to like 1000°f. If I try under like 685 or so it pools. Try 711°f, I think it may be strain dependent as well. I have done some gsc at higher temp with torch and great flavor. With a torch much less efficient, hard to get it just right because once you stop the torch temp starts to fall. If you want best flavor and smooth hits I would stay lower temps with enail. Torch your blasting with no knowledge of temp. Then you have to wait till it cools down. If its glowing its to damn hot lol. I'm more into flavor myself so rarely use a torch unless I'm outside or something.

Mcdee, can you reduce the temp using the PID? Mine is totally adjustable from low temps to high. I use 290F to heat my plates up for the squish which means the plates are really at around 200F. For the enail I set the PID at 600F and the dish ends up being 600F too. That works well for me. Have not found any strains yet that dont dab well with my setup. But I have found some plants that dont press very well compared to others.

Mcdee, can you reduce the temp using the PID? Mine is totally adjustable from low temps to high. I use 290F to heat my plates up for the squish which means the plates are really at around 200F. For the enail I set the PID at 600F and the dish ends up being 600F too. That works well for me. Have not found any strains yet that dont dab well with my setup. But I have found some plants that dont press very well compared to others.
Ya, I know I think they go down to like 70 or so. How are you taking temps on your plates? My plates only go up to I think 400, well pid for them. My enail goes to 1000. I just set my plates to 230 and press. Some strains I turn up to 250 for fastberry have to or its like dried up vaseline. That's cool, but yield isnt as good but 230 is like normal for me. 600 wouldnt work I think to low but that was with quartz I have been using titanium. I will try 600. Not sure use should be using same pid tho. Mine are made for just pressing that why only go to 400. Not all pid and enail coils are compatible. It may work but your temps could be misleading. Check with manufacturer or seller to be sure, 600 sounds really low never seen anyone go that low for enail. I am not expert just what I've seen. Mine said that 711 is optimal but I dont know for sure. Only seen that and higher, sometimes I get impatient when heating up and not as good???????? I think I will be doing some tests tonight.

Last edited:
695 was 1 temp that was good with my cbd crack. Fastberry is little harsh going to try that at 690-695 tonight. 615, 660, 685 were no good for me. More test to come lol.

Back