Grow Room Fan & filter outside the tent

Damn, just received that filter...This is a BIG filter you guys!! It's about four times as big as my current filter!!
Luckily I've still got the flexible hose that came with the Mars Hydro kit as I'm gonna have to do some serious MacGyvering to get that to fit. :oops1:

Hey friends and onlookers :toke:

Today was the day...Mounted the entire thing and to do that I first needed to take everything down...
Anyway, the filter...Since this mf'er is so big the only way I could mount it was against the wall next to the tent, with the fan just above it.
1693153411717 _small.jpg

The flexible hose is fixed with some of them tightening rings. On the tent's side I put a metal flange inside the hose and clamped everyting from the outside with a tightening ring. This isn't going anywhere 👌
1693153411703 _small.jpg

Down below I used the flexible hose that came with the @Marshydro kit I got a few years ago.
1693153411712 _small.jpg

Snipped it to fit and connected both sides with a tightening ring.
1693153411699 _small.jpg

Next, we mount the fan itself inside it's holder, double checking if the direction is ok :thumbsup:
For those of you Mars Hydro groupie's out there, yes...On the flange of the fan, the direction is pointing upwards, but I did that on purpose. Where the fan connects to the filter, I used three screws to get a good mechanical fit. I did this in the past and wanted to reuse the holes I made then. 👌
1693153411707 _small.jpg

Loads more space in there, right? :hump:
On the upper right side you can still see the flange I used to keep everything nice and thight up there :woohoo1:
Also managed to get the AFN sticker peeled off without issues and rotated it 180°
1693153411694 _small.jpg

Just one thing to do and that is installing my custom fitted bottom plate.
1693154341091 _small.jpg

A....n.....d.....we are done... :coffee:
Took me quite a while to get started, hehe and then the rest of the day to install and give everything a guuud clean-up :shooty:
My back is killing me, but satisfaction supersedes this feeling...that and half a dose of Clonazepam and the foresight of a nice joint I've rolled up for when I'm done posting this thread.

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Hey friends and onlookers :toke:

Today was the day...Mounted the entire thing and to do that I first needed to take everything down...
Anyway, the filter...Since this mf'er is so big the only way I could mount it was against the wall next to the tent, with the fan just above it.
View attachment 1627369

The flexible hose is fixed with some of them tightening rings. On the tent's side I put a metal flange inside the hose and clamped everyting from the outside with a tightening ring. This isn't going anywhere 👌
View attachment 1627372

Down below I used the flexible hose that came with the @Marshydro kit I got a few years ago.
View attachment 1627370

Snipped it to fit and connected both sides with a tightening ring.
View attachment 1627371

Next, we mount the fan itself inside it's holder, double checking if the direction is ok :thumbsup:
For those of you Mars Hydro groupie's out there, yes...On the flange of the fan, the direction is pointing upwards, but I did that on purpose. Where the fan connects to the filter, I used three screws to get a good mechanical fit. I did this in the past and wanted to reuse the holes I made then. 👌
View attachment 1627373

Loads more space in there, right? :hump:
On the upper right side you can still see the flange I used to keep everything nice and thight up there :woohoo1:
Also managed to get the AFN sticker peeled off without issues and rotated it 180°
View attachment 1627374

Just one thing to do and that is installing my custom fitted bottom plate.
View attachment 1627375

A....n.....d.....we are done... :coffee:
Took me quite a while to get started, hehe and then the rest of the day to install and give everything a guuud clean-up :shooty:
My back is killing me, but satisfaction supersedes this feeling...that and half a dose of Clonazepam and the foresight of a nice joint I've rolled up for when I'm done posting this thread.

Regards,

Bob :toke:
shes a big ass filter, loving the floor tray, is it 70 □ ?
can u enlighten me were you purchesd it?

shes a big ass filter, loving the floor tray, is it 70 □ ?
can u enlighten me were you purchesd it?
Yeah she is. I think I'm good for the coming years...:biggrin:
The tray =60x60cm. Have to look it up where I got it though...

Last edited:
It's a Garland 60x60cm tray. You'll probably find one in your neighborhood? Might have to convert to foot, but that should be 2x2' so...

Back