Grow Room Fan & filter outside the tent

Bob's Auto's

On a breeding journey...
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The current harvest
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about the next quandary for a while now...
I have a small 60x60x160cm / 2x2x5x2' tent and as some of you might know everything is upside down in there. The air gets pulled inside through the top so I can benefit from the heat the light produces. I also have a small Ikea table under which the extraction fan and filter is mounted, but this takes up to much room if the plants get to any decent height...
1670250365858 _small.jpg

Now I would like to take the filter and fan outside so I can remove the table and gain some needed headroom.
My setup is as followed. Air get's sucked out the tent through the filter, then goes through the extraction fan, followed by some flex tubing to get expelled through the wall outside via a roster. Since I live in a prohibited country I filter the air before it goes outside, just so I can sleep at night...

So, how do I get both the filter and fan outside the tent, but still be able to vent the filtered air outside? The only way I can think of, is by building a box of some sorts, connect one side to the tent and the other side to the fan and put the filter inside the box, but that just seems to much work and will I be able to get the box airtight enough for it to work? Maybe there's another, better way?

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Cheap dollar store tub big enough to house your filter. Cut hole in each side just big enough to slide your hose through. Short piece of hose from tent outlet into one side of tub for sucking from tent, put filter in tub attached to short hose that you slide out other hole and attach to fan inlet. put lid on the cheap tub.
Edit: of course apply sealant and/or tape as needed to seal it all up.

Thanks guys!!! Both great options.
I'm going to hunt around and see if I can source that inline filter locally. I've been using this one for quite a while now, so it's due for change :thumbsup:

Hey guys,

Long time since I updated this thread, but I've been growing inside the greenhouse and then the old filter would do for drying my herb.
But now the time is approaching that I'm gonna start a new grow inside and before I start, I really want to gain those 40 or so centimeters by removing the table...
So I ordered the 300m³/h 100mmØ Can-Inline Carbon filter which can move 5m³/min, so that's (about) 10x times the tent's volume per minute with the calculated 0.58m³ of tent (60x60x160cm) space, lol. This filter will suffice 👌
can-can-inline-carbon-filter.jpg

I've also ordered some extra metal clamps and will be installing this as soon as it arrives.
I'll update as soon as it arrives!!

Regards,

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about the next quandary for a while now...
I have a small 60x60x160cm / 2x2x5x2' tent and as some of you might know everything is upside down in there. The air gets pulled inside through the top so I can benefit from the heat the light produces. I also have a small Ikea table under which the extraction fan and filter is mounted, but this takes up to much room if the plants get to any decent height...
View attachment 1573853

Now I would like to take the filter and fan outside so I can remove the table and gain some needed headroom.
My setup is as followed. Air get's sucked out the tent through the filter, then goes through the extraction fan, followed by some flex tubing to get expelled through the wall outside via a roster. Since I live in a prohibited country I filter the air before it goes outside, just so I can sleep at night...

So, how do I get both the filter and fan outside the tent, but still be able to vent the filtered air outside? The only way I can think of, is by building a box of some sorts, connect one side to the tent and the other side to the fan and put the filter inside the box, but that just seems to much work and will I be able to get the box airtight enough for it to work? Maybe there's another, better way?

Regards,

have you seen these?

Amazon product

No I haven't thank you, but it's a bit late to change it now as the filter will be delivered this afternoon :cheers:
But thanks any way :thumbsup:
i seen your other post after lol
that Can will defs keep you right. shes big.
Are you using the 4inch Mars hydro dimable fan.

i seen your other post after lol
that Can will defs keep you right. shes big.
Are you using the 4inch Mars hydro dimable fan.
It's the one with the turndial yes. I've hacked it so the speed can be adjusted through an app on my phone

Back