Fibromyalgia - strain suggestions please!!

Hey guys, I'm one of those rare males with Fibro and so far, the best strain I've found for the pain was 8 Ball Kush from Barney's (photo). A pretty heavy hitting indica, which helps hugely with sleep. As @Mossy says, it's mostly an Afghan I think and all my joint and muscle pain just melts away in a matter of minutes.

It can be used in the day as it's not as couch locking as something like a GG4 but you gotta go easy if you want to get anything done.

From Barney's:

"Some of the very best hashish in the world is found between the mountainous border of Afghanistan & Pakistan. After many years of selectively inbreeding superior genetics from this region, we have now got a strain that is very easy to grow, even in the most unfavourable conditions. This short and sturdy plant is a good choice for both SOG and ScrOG gardens. 8 BALL KUSH™ grows wide, with thick stems and dark leaves that produce dense buds. The flavours all resemble a classic Kush, earthy and musky, with deep spicy accents."

I think there could be something in the terp profile that helps too, the kushy, hashy strains seem to work wonder for pain.

In the day I've been using a sativa (Tangie'matic) which cuts straight through the fogginess caused by Fibro, makes me much more alert and puts a spring in my step. Not as much pain relief per say, but it's the kind of strain that makes you get really into whatever it is you're doing and totally takes my mind off the pain. Both are effective, but both are very different and I can't smoke the Tangie too late in the day without a night cap of the 8 Ball Kush.

Hope that helps. My current grow is to bolster the indica stash with pain relief in mind, so i'll add my thoughts to this thread once they're good and ready.

Hey guys, I'm one of those rare males with Fibro and so far, the best strain I've found for the pain was 8 Ball Kush from Barney's (photo). A pretty heavy hitting indica, which helps hugely with sleep. As @Mossy says, it's mostly an Afghan I think and all my joint and muscle pain just melts away in a matter of minutes.

Sorry for your Pain @NiceOption :pass:..sharing one...you share my pain meds and IMO they will work for all degenerate nerve pain.

Afghan is the Heaviest Pain Killer...but I find a Touch of Kush adds real finesse to it...:headbang:

Some of the very best hashish in the world is found between the mountainous border of Afghanistan & Pakistan. After many years of selectively inbreeding superior genetics from this region, we have now got a strain that is very easy to grow, even in the most unfavourable conditions

Yup..that's where the Mazar comes from which is the basis of JEM....:headbang:

When I started I listened to various people recommending either Indy or Sati..but my Answer was Affy...
Energetic taken early...narcotic nerve pain killer and spasm untangler taken over amber....:biggrin:

I think there could be something in the terp profile that helps too, the kushy, hashy strains seem to work wonder for pain.

The Nose Knows...:headbang:...it is a nose/brain connection...your Primal instinct to self medicate...before doctors were Invented.

THC doesn't smell...it is the terps...we are attracted to the Right meds by the Smell.......
c03931753093bfd402eaa37acfa1fbd5.jpg

Hope that helps. My current grow is to bolster the indica stash with pain relief in mind, so i'll add my thoughts to this thread once they're good and ready.

Good...it is probably the most oft asked question when a noob hits site...:headbang:

It's such a personal reaction. I don't think there's a perfect variety to treat everyone's Fibromyalgia but there is some great advice here. I asked my wife to think back to what was most effective for her over the years. She surprised me a bit and said Kush Van Stitch as far as autos. Buku or Burmese kush was a hit as far as photoperiods. She's a kush gal. I've yet to try a very CBD rich variety for her.

Sorry to be so tardy to the thread.

Hi am a male with fibromyalgia I have a Instagram account for [HASHTAG]#fibromyalgiaawareness[/HASHTAG] I have had fibromyalgia for 12 years an tried many strains.. I found the 1s that helped me the most are cbd purple orange by dinafem an blue shark buy Barneys farm I always have one of these In my caps helps massively Screenshot_20190906-113732_Gallery.jpg 20190904_183140.jpg beautiful looking lady the purple orange too

Hello all, I was in a motorcycle accident in 2007. After 28 days in a medical coma in the ICU. I awoke to being in a halo with 3 broken vertebrae in my neck. 27 other upper body bone fractures. My lower spin spine has been fused and my left hip is messed up. That said, I started searching and growing for medical pain relief. Fibromyalgia can be a catchall for what doctors can't see clearly as the problem. Lyrica did nothing for me or anyone else I have ever met.
Honestly I think it's just a placebo. I have found my best relief from pain and muscle spasms from Lebanese and Highland Nepalese. Both are semi auto flowering strains. They are also very even in THC and CBD ratios 1:1. One chemotype of the Lebanese goes 30:1 The seeds are no longer sold according to the mother plant phenotypes. The seeds are all combined in the packs. (Ace Seeds). I can't legally have testing done in my home State at this time.
So it's still a lot of personal experience and testing with other people suffering that we slowly move forward.
Peace

Back