New Grower First Grow - Indoor/LED/Soil/CBD Autos

Reaction score
First grow ever, excited and super nervous. Gear below:

Tent - 24"x24"x55" Quictent
Lights - Kingbrite 125w Qb288 V2 Lm301b 3500k w/ 660nm
Seeds - Lemon Pie CBD Auto Fem (left) and Peachy CBD Auto Fem (right) from WWSB
Ventilation - 4" TerraBloom ECMF-100, 4" G-Hydro Carbon Filter, 2x 6" non-oscillating fans, bottom vent opposite exhaust duct open slightly for passive airflow
Soil - 1:1:1 EB Stone Recipe 420/Fox Farms Ocean Forest/Perlite
Pots - 3 gallon fabric pots on top of caddies sitting in 10" saucers
Misc - RH/Temp monitor and PH strips

Indoor tent grow in my closet in LA. Planted the seeds directly into the soil today at 4:30pm PST. 24 hours prior I mixed the soils/perlite and soaked with 24 hour tap water. Light is 16" away from pots, dimmed very low and can't even feel the heat with my hand directly underneath the LEDs. Still unsure about lighting schedule but planning on leaving the lights on 24/0 for the next couple weeks and then drop down to 20/4. Currently 55 humidity and 77 degrees. Trying to keep humidity up so exhaust fan is set very low and only 1 fan blowing down from the top corner.

Plan is to stay organic and keep things as simple as possible. From what I read, I won't need to water for around 7 days but I will check the soil moisture occasionally. Not planning on doing anything until the seeds hopefully sprout. Wish me luck guys and please let me know if you see anything off with my setup!

Attachments

• IMG_20200510_161630.jpg
    IMG_20200510_161630.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
bottom vent opposite exhaust duct open slightly for passive airflow
You might want to open that sock all the way. I use to cut a piece of ducting and then tighten the sock around it. You will want negative pressure. Enjoy the grow.

Thought I'd hang out and eat some popcorn! :pop:

A clear plastic cup will hold humidity, but remove it after they sprout to prevent damp-off. I use a slurpy lid with the hole covered in tape. Once sprouted, I remove the tape and keep the led to add a little extra humidity. Anyways, good luck with your grow! :goodluck: :pass:

First grow ever, excited and super nervous. Gear below:

Tent - 24"x24"x55" Quictent
Lights - Kingbrite 125w Qb288 V2 Lm301b 3500k w/ 660nm
Seeds - Lemon Pie CBD Auto Fem (left) and Peachy CBD Auto Fem (right) from WWSB
Ventilation - 4" TerraBloom ECMF-100, 4" G-Hydro Carbon Filter, 2x 6" non-oscillating fans, bottom vent opposite exhaust duct open slightly for passive airflow
Soil - 1:1:1 EB Stone Recipe 420/Fox Farms Ocean Forest/Perlite
Pots - 3 gallon fabric pots on top of caddies sitting in 10" saucers
Misc - RH/Temp monitor and PH strips

Indoor tent grow in my closet in LA. Planted the seeds directly into the soil today at 4:30pm PST. 24 hours prior I mixed the soils/perlite and soaked with 24 hour tap water. Light is 16" away from pots, dimmed very low and can't even feel the heat with my hand directly underneath the LEDs. Still unsure about lighting schedule but planning on leaving the lights on 24/0 for the next couple weeks and then drop down to 20/4. Currently 55 humidity and 77 degrees. Trying to keep humidity up so exhaust fan is set very low and only 1 fan blowing down from the top corner.

Plan is to stay organic and keep things as simple as possible. From what I read, I won't need to water for around 7 days but I will check the soil moisture occasionally. Not planning on doing anything until the seeds hopefully sprout. Wish me luck guys and please let me know if you see anything off with my setup!
Looks like you're moving in the right direction already. Happy growing!

First update, Peachy CBD on the right poked its head through around 96 hours after directly planting seed to soil. No signs of the Lemon Pie CBD yet but keeping my fingers crossed. Was able to stabilize tent humidity to around 73 after playing with the exhaust fan and vents.

Peachy CBD 051420.JPG

Lemon Pie CBD is following her big sister and sprouted today. Peachy CBD got a lot taller today so I turned the light up a tad and will increase as needed.

Lemon Pie CBD
Lemon Pie CBD 051520.JPG

Peachy CBD
Peachy CBD 051520.JPG

Haven't checked the soil moisture yet but tomorrow will be a full week since watering, still looks moist enough but will double check.

Both plants are growing well. I'm thinking about watering them soon, not sure how much to water them though. I fully saturated the soil before planting the seeds.

Some guides say to just spray until the top of the soil is moist, some say to pour a cup of water in a ring around the seedling, and some say to wait until the pot is fully dry 1-2 inches deep and then water until runoff. Any recommendations?

Sprayed the soil this morning until moist, probably about 50ml of 24 hour tap water per plant. Pots felt pretty light and humidity was dropping. Will keep spraying every 1-2 days until the plants can take bigger waterings. Also turned the light up a tad and turned on the bottom 6" fan blowing over the pots.

Tent Setup
Tent 051820.JPG

Lemon Pie CBD
Lemon Pie CBD 051820.JPG

Peachy CBD
Peachy CBD 051820.JPG

Starting to get hot in LA again. In the late afternoon the temps increased to 88 and humidity dropped to 40 in the tent. It's gonna be super hot this summer so I raised the light a little and turned down the brightness. I was measuring 20-25k on the lux app before turning it down, now I'm around 15k. Also turned up the exhaust fan a bit.

Gave both plants a lot more water today, 14 oz each. Have only been giving them around 200ml for the past few days, think I need to step this up as there is a lot of perlite in the soil and I'm using fabric pots. The soil is really dry when I check every 24 hours. Hopefully I didn't kill the microorganisms in the soil but we'll see.

Peachy CBD is on Day 7, Lemon Pie CBD is on Day 6.

Peachy CBD
Peachy CBD 052120.JPG

Lemon Pie CBD
Lemon Pie CBD 052120.JPG

Tent
Tent 052120.JPG

I had ordered a Blumat system for this grow but decided not to set it up when I planted the seeds. Might set it up once in 1-2 weeks once I can soak the pots completely.

Peachy CBD is getting big and starting to smell! Lemon Pie CBD is playing catch up, she's a day younger and hopefully a late bloomer.

Peachy CBD
Peachy CBD 052620.JPG

Lemon Pie CBD
Lemon Pie CBD 052620.JPG

Back