First time grower, full of doubts - Also sort of a growth journal

Hi guys. I think i have the first big issue with the girls. I'll add some pics to help.
Yesterday when i got home (i was away at work all week) i saw that some of the top leaves and "heads" had the tips "burned" or discoloured. For what i checked online it can be a copper deficiency. My SO had watered (0,5 L per plant) the girls on March 4th, so 3 days ago, and told me that the water was PH corrected. I checked the water from the deposit that was used and th PPH seemed a bit high. Today i'll water the girls again, after some more LST. I'll do it before lights on. One more thing. Yesterday only to of the girls showed the problem, and both of them were os the same side of the tent. I thought it may be a light problem, so i changed places. I also lifted the light.
Today i bought a soil meter for PH and humidity. I'll be checking it in a bit.
So, first of all, does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? I have nutrients from Advanced Nutrients that are (according to the bottle) PH perfect. If i use the nutes on watering i should have the eventual PH problem corrected, right?
Should i defoliate the girls a bit? If so, do you have some advice on how to do it, or where i can find a good guide?
Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Branch.jpg
    Branch.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Full_Floor.jpg
    Full_Floor.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Leaf_tip_1.jpg
    Leaf_tip_1.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Leaves.jpg
    Leaves.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Tip_1.jpg
    Tip_1.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Top_1.jpg
    Top_1.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Top_2.jpg
    Top_2.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Top_4.jpg
    Top_4.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Top_leaves.jpg
    Top_leaves.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 70
  • Top3.jpg
    Top3.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 65
Hi guys. I think i have the first big issue with the girls. I'll add some pics to help.
Yesterday when i got home (i was away at work all week) i saw that some of the top leaves and "heads" had the tips "burned" or discoloured. For what i checked online it can be a copper deficiency. My SO had watered (0,5 L per plant) the girls on March 4th, so 3 days ago, and told me that the water was PH corrected. I checked the water from the deposit that was used and th PPH seemed a bit high. Today i'll water the girls again, after some more LST. I'll do it before lights on. One more thing. Yesterday only to of the girls showed the problem, and both of them were os the same side of the tent. I thought it may be a light problem, so i changed places. I also lifted the light.
Today i bought a soil meter for PH and humidity. I'll be checking it in a bit.
So, first of all, does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? I have nutrients from Advanced Nutrients that are (according to the bottle) PH perfect. If i use the nutes on watering i should have the eventual PH problem corrected, right?
Should i defoliate the girls a bit? If so, do you have some advice on how to do it, or where i can find a good guide?
Thanks guys.
Another thing, i checked PH and humidity in the soil. The PH is arounf 7.0. The Humidity is high on the bottom of the pot but a bit dry around the middle. Should i water, and if so, until runoff or not? Thanks

The only problems that I've seen people have with the pH of AN products are from the people that insist on checking their pH. If your tap water is around 7-ish, you should have no problems. The CBD Crack that I'm growing showed lighter colored tips on new growth for a short while and it never presented any problems. The only thing different I did was decreased the calmag but I can't say for certain if that was the cause/cure. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in on that.

The only problems that I've seen people have with the pH of AN products are from the people that insist on checking their pH. If your tap water is around 7-ish, you should have no problems. The CBD Crack that I'm growing showed lighter colored tips on new growth for a short while and it never presented any problems. The only thing different I did was decreased the calmag but I can't say for certain if that was the cause/cure. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in on that.
Thank you

Hi guys. I still haven't found a solution for the decolouration issue on the tip of leaves. Does anyone see a downside on doing a flush with PH corrected water (low PH, i would say near 6) or watering with PH perfect nutes until runoff? I'm asking becaus according to the soil PH meter the dryer soil (on top) has a higher PH than the bottom (wetter) soil. I'm assuming that with this i would be able to "correct" the PH on the soil and help the nutes absortion, but i have no idea if it's a good option, or if it would be worse due to overwatering.
Thanks

A
Thank you
re you seeing the issue on new growth still? The tips that are already burnt will never change back to green, but they will get worse (ie the tip burn will spread back further down the leaf it is on) if you still have too high a level of nutes causing the burn.

If just the tips are burnt, and that burn isn’t creeping further down the leaf from the tip, and new growth is ok, then you should be fine. I tend to run with burnt tips most of my grows - at least I know they’re not being underfed.

If you think the problem is getting worse then water with plain ph’d water for a couple of waters.

Hi guys. So, 3 of my girls are preflowering, but the other one looks like is still on vegetative state, maybe even stunned. At the same time the grow area is a bit crowded. Since the days are getting warmer i was wondering if i could put the "slower" one outside, on the patio, and give more space to the others inside the grow tent. Do you think that's a good idea?
One more thing. I read a lot online about defoliating autos. I believe my girls would like it. Does anyone have an idea about it? Should i do it? How shuld i do it?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys. So i've been away for a while due to the health crisis in my country. I'm going to leave some pics of the girls and i would like to know if you think i should defoliate. Thanks and be safe. If you are able to, stay at home and try to protect yourself if you have to leave the house. Wash your hands several times a day and try not to touch any surfaces outside.

Attachments

• IMG_20200319_104808.jpg
    IMG_20200319_104808.jpg
    1,001 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20200319_104817.jpg
    IMG_20200319_104817.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200319_104826.jpg
    IMG_20200319_104826.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20200319_104837.jpg
    IMG_20200319_104837.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200319_104906.jpg
    IMG_20200319_104906.jpg
    914.6 KB · Views: 78
to *snip-snip* is fine, jus don't go crazy with it all at once :rolleyes2: :thumbsup: ppp

Hi guys. So i think the girls (3) are on late pre flowering, you can check the pics above. The temp is around 25º C (77º F) and the RH around 40%-45%. To avoid raising RH i'm planning on watering 1 girl per day with 1-1.5 liters. Do you think it's a good idea?
Thanks

Back