First time

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m new to the world of growing and needed some help.
Light: sf 4000
Tent: 4x4
Pots: 5gal/ 20 litre pots

I’m going to be using this as medium Ecothrive coco/perlite Along with Biotab and all the other goodies. My question is do I pre soak my medium ? And will the biotabs work in this medium ? I’m going to be buying all the other bio stuff from their starter pack and go from there.
Thanks

Welcome!

Hold up on that plan! Coco and soil are completely different. If you're going to run that ecothrive coco you need to read up on growing in coco coir. Biotabs are for soil. I think you'll need to decide if you want to run coco or soil first and buy stuff accordingly.

If you choose coco: Read up.

Hi guys I’m new to the world of growing and needed some help.
Light: sf 4000
Tent: 4x4
Pots: 5gal/ 20 litre pots

I’m going to be using this as medium Ecothrive coco/perlite Along with Biotab and all the other goodies. My question is do I pre soak my medium ? And will the biotabs work in this medium ? I’m going to be buying all the other bio stuff from their starter pack and go from there.
Thanks

heya @grow4 and :welcome: to afn! :toke: i'm a diehard organic soil grower, so can't answer ur ques, but other coconutz will chime in, so jus hang tuff & anything else u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

Welcome!

Hold up on that plan! Coco and soil are completely different. If you're going to run that ecothrive coco you need to read up on growing in coco coir. Biotabs are for soil. I think you'll need to decide if you want to run coco or soil first and buy stuff accordingly.

If you choose coco: Read up.

Even though I posted here I’m still researching sometimes it’s overwhelming so I asked on here as there’s many experienced people.

I found this Manual from biotab which states coco is fine ? Thanks for help

Hey bud welcome . I grew in ecothrive lite 70-30. I didn’t pre soak the coco, I dumped the whole bag into two 5g soft pots, then put beans straight in as soon as they popped. It’s ready to go straight out the bag and it also contains 1% charge. Just keep on learning my friend, its a hell of a lot to take in when your planning your first grow. Your in the right place so that’s a good start, you won’t need to go elsewhere from now on, everything you need is right here, so stick around buddy there’s so much help and good advice to be had, just ask and good luck with ya grow.

Even though I posted here I’m still researching sometimes it’s overwhelming so I asked on here as there’s many experienced people.

I found this Manual from biotab which states coco is fine ? Thanks for help

Welcome to AFN :welcome: :toke: :pass:
You'll want to pre-soke the coco for 8 to 24 hour's in cal-mag. It really do matter how strong the mix is. As long as it's stronger than the mixing instructions on the cal-mag bottle you get.
After the pre-soke it's ready to use. You can rinse it off with water ... But there's really mo need to Ive found.
Ill Call in @dankstyle J ... He is running living coco and may have a different take on the pre-soke coco.

Welcome again.
Happy growing
From GrowtoGrow:pighug::cheers::pass:

ecothrive is pre buffered, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t need soaking, I am a new grower myself so still getting my head round it all. Please feel free to correct me.

I use coco canna professional, it's pre buffered, but I always run fertigation water through it until I see a little run off. Just it drys very quickly otherwise.
Good luck,
Cheers,
EP3

Back