Flavonoid, Terpenes and Terpenoids - Info Thread

Some research was recently concluded on various strains of cannabis to identify some of the flavors and smells associated with the mystical flower. I'll post it here and let you take what you will from it. Hope you enjoy!
True Mako, Fascinating article!!! Just what I was looking for!! Here's a quote that I'd like to comment on: "but terpene profiles are often unknown or unpredictable".

I experienced firsthand the extraordinary strength and multitude of medicinal properties of terpenes one month ago, on Fri., Sept 29. I was in week two of flowering with eight different strains divided between my two grow boxes. The 8 included one Cannatonic plant and one Lithium OG Kush (I'd be glad to list all strains if anyone's interested).

I had been meaning to eat some cannabis leaves for a while, figuring that they are dark leafy greens and have to pack the same punch as greens like kale, collards, chard, etc. So I gently simmered some cuttings from all 8 plants with a little olive oil for around 7 minutes, and ate them.

45 minutes later I began to get high, and it just kept coming on for hours, in waves. I relieved all my aches and pains, I felt very relaxed and stress-free, and I was high as heck as well. This lasted all day.

I posted on various forums, and no one seemed to have an explanation or much of a response. But as I continued researching, I concluded that the terpenes packed all that punch: when I was eating it, I noted the pungent, peppery and floral accents in its flavor. TERPENES!!!!!!!!!!

I have cooked these greens from weeks 2-6 (that's where I'm at right now) of flowering for various friends, and they have: relieved anxiety; alleviated menstrual cramps; alleviated thrombosis pain in legs; opened respiratory system for a friend who's allergic to my cats; promoted an upbeat and happy mood in all of these lab rat friends.

I'm going back to the article to keep reading; thanks so much!!!

Some research was recently concluded on various strains of cannabis to identify some of the flavors and smells associated with the mystical flower. I'll post it here and let you take what you will from it. Hope you enjoy!

Funny!
After seeing a blurb about using Vick's VapoRub on nail fungus, I wanted to research it a bit to see if it was a myth.

I stumbled on 2 scholarly articles about terpines that I wanted to share, and didn't know where to put them. I landed on this page first try.

They are way too tech for me, but a quick scan reveals some interesting information that may be relevant to those of us who make remedies. :stir:

Oh yeah- I bought the Vicks and as an extra bonus some warm childhood memories upon smelling it.

Mechanism of Antifungal Activity of Terpenoid Phenols Resembles..

Antifungal activity and mechanism of action of monoterpenes against dermatophytes and yeasts
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0102695X15000149

....now on to the article Mako shared. Thank you!

I will read the antifungal article as well. Thanks for these links.

Back