Food and Health

Most Diets to lose weight ask you to Exclude foods..:grin:..green juicing is one of the few things that you can Add to your diet that can help you lose weight.

It is a Kind of Cheat...most Good diet info says your food Balance should be 20% meat and 80% veg/fruit/salad.

Lots of us will Look at those percentages and Think..well..I eat well....always have my 5 a day...I'll probably hit that ratio...:dunno:..so I want you to Think about this...

For every 4 OUNCE burger...you would be eating a full 1 lb of SALAD..:jaw:....Now tell me you stick to the ratios....:thumbs:...even Bugs Bunny would be going Green with that..

so...

I green Juice...

most Basic foods...what is Seasonal and Cheap...or what you have loads of in the garden...
I Always have Cucumber..Carrot and Lettuce...and the Bulk of my green juice is made up of those..
then what ever else is available as Flavouring...herbs..spices..edible flowers...canna leaves...:Medibles:

To make 1 Pint of green juice..you will be juicing approx. 1-1.5 lbs of vegetables...so Green Juicing is a Cheat....:tiphat:..it gets my Ratios up...without having to chomp my way through a pound and a half of rabbit food at every sitting.

If you really have problems fitting more veggies into your diet..find it Boring eating salads...JUICE...:MmmMedibles..:

Dieting to loose weight without doing good exercise is dangerous as you will loose muscle mass and well as fat.

Dieting to loose weight without doing good exercise is dangerous as you will loose muscle mass and well as fat.

We should pick a different word to Diet shouldn't we...?...:dunno:...coz this is more about changing the Balance in the food you eat for Alkalising rather than weight loss as the objective.

Weight loss will follow..but so will Energy so you will exercise more..naturally...even if that increased energy is wasted on sex or spring cleaning..:grin:

Im 6 foot 5 inches 270 lbs id like to be 240lbs. Im doing my very best to not eat sugar. My problem is the area were i live . I mean we have the best tasting food in the world here so that makes it hard. Saying no to French bread dipped in a crab bisk is just hard for me to say no. I need to move if im going to eat better. Just sayin.

In Mississippi well everyone is just fat and unhealthy in Louisiana the same but with some of the best chef's in the world its just crazy hard. I have plans to go to the ACME oyster house for oysers and beer this evening for a busness meeting and i know ill blow through over a dozen raw oysters ...

Sounds like new orleans guy, fell in love with that place. Did a habitat build a few years back during mardi gras, too much food and fun lol

Start with small changes and see how you feel and cope with it. Many small changes over time will lead to huge benefits down the road

On a side note, has any one checked their pH with an accurate 8 up the rear?

Gilly yes New Orleans and no im not putting my probe up my bum!:no:

Last edited:
Im 6 foot 5 inches 270 lbs id like to be 240lbs. Im doing my very best to not eat sugar. My problem is the area were i live . I mean we have the best tasting food in the world here so that makes it hard. Saying no to French bread dipped in a crab bisk is just hard for me to say no. I need to move if im going to eat better. Just sayin.

Sad to say, it took being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes to make me change my eating habit. But the day I was diagnosed, I went to a nutritionist and discussed it and what I could do. I restrict my carbs to 45 grams or less per meal. I drink one cup of coffee a day with a teaspoon of sugar and one packet of Splenda. I also started walking and now do 2 miles or so a day. I've lost 45 pounds and no longer miss any of the foods I gave up. Pasta was my greatest challenge. But I discovered that certain carbs like pasta and white bread make you carve eating more carbs. I can eat rice without that problem but give me spaghetti and I'll eat myself into a coma lol! I now substitute Cauliflower for pasta, makes a good pasta like dish. I make pizza on Portabella mushrooms. Be creative with things you like, there are ways to make great substitutes!

O pop22 if food does kill me. It would be seafood pasta for sure. Im hooked on that like crack!

Saying no to French bread dipped in a crab bisk is just hard for me to say no. I need to move if im going to eat better. Just sayin.

I Hear you b16guy....:tiphat:.....especially for the First steps in the PH Plan we will try to make you Feel Better with the smallest lifestyle changes..the BS is an Addition to your diet..not taking away..so there is no Hardship there..

Your Next Best step would be to Stop all sugar but we Appreciate that it is a Big Step and we don't expect it all at once.

Can I ask do you have a soda habit....?...

If you Do...I'd much rather see you replace even 1 can of soda a day with water or mineral water than deprive you of your crab bisque....:thumbs:..

or even consider Adding a green juice to your day..it will Help..and it is an Addition to your day..not a take away...:Medibles:...mmmmm....take aways....

Back