Daenerys Targaryen
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dragon
Welcome to Frankensteins Laboratory.
This is the Experimental section on AFN.
When Autoflowers first hit the market we were told they should be 12 inches tall..finish in 56 days germ to harvest..you couldn't clone them..and you were Lucky to yield 10-20 grammes per plant...:biggrin:..fortunately things have moved on since then and a lot of the improvements we see now were down to members and breeders Experimenting.

People going against the written instructions we were given and creating the Autoflower Monsters we see on the market now.

Unfortunately..not all Experiments have a good outcome and some can lead to downright flaming if they are left out on main forum..But..experiment we Must.

So this section has been set up specifically For those experiments and the pioneers who go out of their way to disprove the Rules.

Win or Fail..every Autoflower Experiment teaches us a little bit more about them.

This section is a Member managed section.
There will be no Staff moderating..except me..if I am called in to eject someone or I receive Reported Posts about it.
The will be Zero Tollerance on flaming..trolling..or disrespect..:thumbsup:

The member manager on this section is pop22..for any of you that do not know pop..I have a quick Questions and Answer that will help you get to know him better.

Mossy Q..pop22..Why the Laboratory..what makes you Want to Experiment on Autoflowers..?

pop22 A..Why the Lab? What is it's purpose? My vision of the lab is about learning. Almost anyone who has grown Cannabis has found it to become a passion, not just a hobby. And we all want to grow the biggest and best possible plants. We don't accomplish that without a learning curve. But here in lies the problem. Too many of the things growers do are based on unsubstantiated hearsay. Stories that have been passed around like gossip for years and nobody challenges them. And when you do, watch out! Galileo had to capitulate to the church after his discoveries or face death for his heresy! Well its not much better online either!

But we need truth if we all are going to grow to the best of our abilities. We need to search for answers. We need to find ways to challenge false concepts and present evidence for or against in a forum that won't tolerate willful ignorance. You can here. If you state something, you best have something to back it up if your posting it here. Plan do a thread testing or proving your statements or theories. And remember, information, whether it proves or disproves your posts, is valuable to us all!

This is my goal in encouraging others to think outside the box. Its fun, and we all learn and benefit. In turn, we grow big, beautiful buds!

Mossy Q...Why Autoflowers..?

pop22 A..Why Autoflowers? Autos and I were meant for each other! They are easy and yet challenging at the same time. And growing autos is still a new area of learning. I started with them after finding The Autoflower Network. And I'm always game to try something new!

I grow photo period Canna also. But I love my autoflowers. I love their looks. I love the way the grow, and I love their buds! I love the challenges they can present.
Now I've only been growing since Dec. of 2013. So I'm no expert either. But I bet you won't find anyone who spends more time reading and learning more about growing. Hell, if I where younger, i'd move to Colorado or Washington to get involved with grow ops. I'd LOVE to run a BIG greenhouse! Imagine what a challenge that must be!

I recently read book: Marijuana Cultivation Reconsidered by Reed Spear. It may be the best book you could read on the subject. He leaves Jorge Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal looking a bit foolish. Go ahead, compare books. 2/3 of either Jorge's or Ed's they didn't even write! Read Spear's book, you'll see for yourself.

Mossy..Cheers pop..Enjoy your section..:toke:

Dig this alot I have so many experiments to do for the first time in my life I am feeling like I have a future

Hey Pop,

You may have seen some of my posts in the live gossip and such like. If you have, you will know that I am a keen experimenter.... Too much time on my hands.... Retired and playing about with loads of stuff all the time.

Nice to have a place to drop in and play about with stuff, with like minded people... Currently I am playing with a new automated RH & Temp controller.... I have custom designed a controller for my tent, seems to be working well.

Is this the place to post about things like that?

Last edited:
This is the intro thread, post your threads under The Lab

Back