Extraction Frogster takes a "Leap into the Unknown"

Frogster

Ratiocinate Extraordinaire (look it up)
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
THC Bomb, G.S.C., Blackberry, Caramel, Euphoria, Amnesia, CandyDawg, Purple Stilton & Others
Hey, Hey, Hey All...

Just decided I want to try my hand at this "Makin Rosin" lark, with the intention of turning most of my home grown bud (and a little kief) into the following:-

a) 80% into some kind of usable Vape Juice.
(also open to the thought of maybe a rosin pen type vape in addition to "a")
b) 20% into various edibles (cakes, cookies, chocolate, etc).

So, after a few weeks of research I have taken the plunge and ordered one of these...

Should be here next week.

dabpress-desktop-rosin-press-hydraulic-cylinder-rosin-heat-press-min_1200x1200.jpg

A Dabpress dp-hr10t35v, complete with 10 Ton pump & gauge with prepress puck maker.
(also ordered a dab collection tool, parchment paper, 2" x 4" 160 & 90 micron filter bags)

That's the first step on this road.... So, what else do I need ?
Any one have some experience of the above, and give me a few pointers ?
Also... What Vape cartridges, etc are recommended by you all ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey @Ripper , you told me to "Hit You Up" here..... Thanks Bro

Just recently got a similar press and acessories. Havnt had a proper play around with it yet looking forward to seeing what works for you mate
:pass::pass:

Here to watch and drool over your success. I’m watching a few other press posts on here but still saving some coin for my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @Ripper , you told me to "Hit You Up" here..... Thanks Bro
One of the best way to press flower is called bottle tech style. Also I can not stress enough to always use bags. Like always. Here is a two 7 grams presses from yesterday. The results speak for themselves.
47D58606-28CB-4CDF-873D-9D3B5C605475.jpeg
D4995F51-AB76-4267-87DB-7504FF9D234C.jpeg

Yep Thanks @Ripper

I have been doing a lot of youtube watching of the subject, but that one is a good one.

:thanks:

First Ever Press & WOW

@Ripper @Mossy

So, my 10Ton Dabpress arrived today... 15 Mins to set it all up, flawless.

Plugged it in heated it up and had a play....

Material used, 2g Kief over 7g green (THC Bomb) (green was 1 month cured, 62%Rh) pre squashed using the included 2 x 4 Dab prepress, and then placed into a 90 micron 2" x 4" bag (end folded over).

No idea what I did really or why I did it... I was just so happy playing, I placed the puck between some parchment paper and I retrieved the blonde honey (pic below) from a low pressure, low temp (95C 90Sec) as my 1st press

My 2nd press I folded over the puck I raised the pressure a bit and raised temp to 115c for 110Sec

I know we are not anyway near perfect, butt what a buzz, playing & learning new stuff (especially at my age).

Next up (tomorrow) will be a 7g bottletec type press

And the Vape (in a Yocan Evolve Plus XL is.. FFS WOW !

Too stoned to do anymore today !

First lesson also learnt, "Wear Gloves" it's as sticky as Feck !

First Press.jpg

First Press 2.jpg

The first press is blonde and very runny, like honey, needed one of them cold ice block things to work over in order to collect it (learning)

The second pressing leans more towards towards what I think shater would be like (no experience of concentrates prior to today). It is only a little darker but the amount and density makes it look darker, harder and very sticky... I rolled it around in the silicone pot a little, and it looks polished like glass.
:frog:

Last edited:
First Ever Press & WOW

@Ripper @Mossy

So, my 10Ton Dabpress arrived today... 15 Mins to set it all up, flawless.

Plugged it in heated it up and had a play....

Material used, 2g Kief over 7g green (THC Bomb) (green was 1 month cured, 62%Rh) pre squashed using the included 2 x 4 Dab prepress, and then placed into a 90 micron 2" x 4" bag (end folded over).

No idea what I did really or why I did it... I was just so happy playing, I placed the puck between some parchment paper and I retrieved the blonde honey (pic below) from a low pressure, low temp (95C 90Sec) as my 1st press

My 2nd press I folded over the puck I raised the pressure a bit and raised temp to 115c for 110Sec

I know we are not anyway near perfect, butt what a buzz, playing & learning new stuff (especially at my age).

Next up (tomorrow) will be a 7g bottletec type press

And the Vape (in a Yocan Evolve Plus XL is.. FFS WOW !

Too stoned to do anymore today !

First lesson also learnt, "Wear Gloves" it's as sticky as Feck !

View attachment 1081504

View attachment 1081505

The first press is blonde and very runny, like honey, needed one of them cold ice block things to work over in order to collect it (learning)

The second pressing leans more towards towards what I think shater would be like (no experience of concentrates prior to today). It is only a little darker but the amount and density makes it look darker, harder and very sticky... I rolled it around in the silicone pot a little, and it looks polished like glass.
:frog:
Do not press too much as it can go bad after a couple of weeks from what I have been told.

Do not press too much as it can go bad after a couple of weeks from what I have been told.
Noted Sir, thank you.....

Any advice is always appreciated. :toke:

Back