Indoor Fruity OG Kush, White Russian x Blackberry, NYCD x White Widow x Lebanese, and Onyx Reboot (feminize

Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Hey everyone I finally got around to getting my testers in that I received a good while back; ended up moving 900 miles away and finally settled in enough to get around to some projects! Apologies to Dope Seeds for taking so long under the circumstances but here they are, albeit fashionably late!

The seeds:

x2 Fruity OG Kush
x2 White Russian x Blackberry
x2 NYCD x White Widow x Lebanese
x1 Onyx Reboot

Come along the ride with me and let's see what I can do with these babies!

The Setup

Grow Room

The main space is about 5 foot by 3 foot, or 15 square feet. It is a repurposed closet that I have tacked mylar film to the walls of. There is a crawl space door that provides some degree of fresh air exchange on top of the the closet door being cracked open (or flung open depending on my mood!)

Lights

I am vegging them currently under a 1000W MH. I will be switching to HPS here very soon as I have some other flowering ladies starting and they definitely could use the switch.

Pots

They are all in 4 or 5 gallon buckets that I have drilled large holes throughout the sides of them in my attempt to simulate "air pots." :rofl: It sounds silly, they look silly, watering takes forever because if you do it too fast it just rushes out the holes in the side (there's an art to it,) but I left one of the buckets without holes during my last grow so I could compare and it is NIGHT and DAY different in the rate in which the soil dries out. Would never go back. May buy an air pot still.

Soil

I've been using Pro-Mix BX for quite awhile, but haven't found it locally yet. I did find some Pro-Mix Ultimate Organic Mix which I ultimately blended into my last grows Pro-Mix (I know reusing your soil like this is a faux pas.) I was worried the Organic Mix would be too hot for the seedlings (has some nutrient content in it) but it actually has worked out pretty well; haven't noticed much in the way of twisting or adverse reaction to them so I think it will be alright!

Nutrients

Grow More Sea Grow 16-16-16
Grow More Hawaiian Bud 5-50-17
Silica Blast
Sea Kelp
SuperThrive
CalMag

Feeding Schedule

They were fed straight water for the first week an a half about with a capful of SuperThrive.

They are fed Grow More 16-16-16 at about 1/4 teaspoon per gallon on every watering/feeding. I've been adding in 3 mL of Silica Blast per gallon and about 4 mL of CalMag every other watering.

I add in Sea Kelp every couple of waters, mostly because it's disgusting, it clogs up the pipettes I use to suck out the nutes, it smells, and it stains.

I will be feeding them the Hawaiian Bud at 1/4 teaspoon per gallon when my vertical growth stops.

The plants are fed when the pots are light.

Germination

The seeds were germinated in moist paper towels that were folded over and placed in snack zip-lock bags and tucked into a padded envelope and placed in a warmer area of the house.

All 7 seeds successfully germinated and popped for 100% success rate.

Temp/Humidity

Temp has been my biggest killer in my past grows here; my space is not in an ideal area and my average temperatures are around 85-90 degrees with occasional spikes. With winter coming it will easily get back down into the 70's, but the past few grows I've done have all been "high heat" grows. I was running a large air conditioner for awhile but after the first big electric bill with that I decided to just take the hit on yield.

We will occasional get a really cool stretch of weather where the temps balance out to the 70's and man oh man, you want to talk about a difference in "healthy looking?" The plants still look nice and green and lush even in 90+ degree F temps, but there is no denying how much FASTER and more vigorous them seem to be in the right temperature.

Working with what I got though; the plants in the past have all panned out wonderfully in these conditions and I expect no less from these babies!

Humidity stays around 50-60%.

The Journal:

I put the germinated/popped seedlings into soil on October 6th of 2014. The only strain that I did not multi-pot was the Onxy Reboot.

Here are some pictures from about a week ago or so (so that would be about 10 days old from seedling.)

Here is the Fruity OG Kush:

attachment.php

Below here is the NYCD x White Widow x Lebanese:

attachment.php

Below here is the White Russian x Blackberry:

attachment.php

And here is the Onyx Reboot:

attachment.php

That's it for now; I'll work on getting some updated pictures of them, they are starting to come along now and I think I'm about to get some growth explosions going on soon! Should be fun!

Thanks for the read and thank you Dope Seeds for the opportunity! Will try to keep up on this a bit more! "AFN smoke out"

Attachments

• DSCF5264 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF5264 - Copy.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF5262 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF5262 - Copy.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF5260 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF5260 - Copy.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCF5258 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF5258 - Copy.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 104
"Munch..munch..munch :Cool bud: Got me along brother :Grow & Show..: Green vibes sent :Sharing One:

Good luck mate especially with the og I grew one out and she was a beast but didn't auto until week ten

I believe these old testers were the last of the 'Stitch strains' used by shortstuff seeds and were never released due to the fact that they did not all 'auto'. I think some testers found some nice individuals but others got very mixed results. good luck anyway!

Back