Mephisto Genetics Fugue State Indica pheno's (COBs + MegaCrop)

Terra Firma

Autoflower Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first ever Mephisto Genetics grow!
I've had seeds for a while and the time has finally come.

I'm switching over to Greenleaf Nutrients for this grow.
My tap water is pretty hard (pH8.6 and EC0.5) and contains a lot more Calcium than Magnesium. I hope that this doesn't screw up the ideal Cal:Mag ratio too much.

I'll be growing 3 Bubbasquanch in 15L fabric pots and 2 Fugue State indica phenotype (freebies) in 11L fabric pots. All filled with Atami coco coir.

I soaked a bunch of seeds in water for 24 hours before planting them yesterday.

My setup:
Space: 1.5×1.5m grow room
Medium: 100% Coco coir (Atami)
Containers: 15L and 11L fabric pots
Lights: 3 DIY COB LED lights (app. 530W total draw) + 2 GrowNorthern HS1 (if required)
Nutrients: Greenleaf Nutrients: Mega Crop, Bud Explosion, Sweet Candy and Ferro: Bio Roots, Enzym Plus, pH-
Microbials: Mychorrizae spores + beneficial bacteria

20200317_231626.jpg
20200316_170814.jpg
20200316_171715.jpg
20200317_233124.jpg
20200317_234217.jpg
20200317_234254.jpg
20200318_002716.jpg

Last edited:
:toke: How was the Brooklyn Sunrise

It's a lovely smoke. Very mellow and doesn't give me the jitters I tend to get from smoking cannabis. I haven't smoked any in a while so I can't quite recall the flavour :biggrin: I'll try and find my notes. How did yours turn out?

Here's a picture of that grow just before harvest, for those who hadn't seen it.
20181102_002031.jpg

I was hoping to plant the Bubbasquanch seeds on the 18th, but none of the 6 seeds cracked open during 24 hours of soaking. I let then soak another 24 hours and still no cracked seeds :sad: Should I plant the seeds and wait? For comparison the Fugue State seeds cracked open in only 10 hours.

20200320_005308.jpg

Should I soak new seeds for the three 15L fabric pots? I currently have available:
1 Mephisto Fugue State indica pheno
5 Mephisto Purple Nuggets
2 Dutch Passion Auto Mazar
3 Dutch Passion Auto White Widow
1 Dutch Passion Auto Critical Orange (soaked before but never cracked)
3 Seed Stockers Blackberry Gum Auto (already running 5 this grow)

On a happier note, one of the Fugue States has broken the surface :biggrin:
20200320_011242.jpg

I was hoping to plant the Bubbasquanch seeds on the 18th, but none of the 6 seeds cracked open during 24 hours of soaking. I let then soak another 24 hours and still no cracked seeds :sad: Should I plant the seeds and wait? For comparison the Fugue State seeds cracked open in only 10 hours.

View attachment 1170158

Should I soak new seeds for the three 15L fabric pots? I currently have available:
1 Mephisto Fugue State indica pheno
5 Mephisto Purple Nuggets
2 Dutch Passion Auto Mazar
3 Dutch Passion Auto White Widow
1 Dutch Passion Auto Critical Orange (soaked before but never cracked)
3 Seed Stockers Blackberry Gum Auto (already running 5 this grow)

On a happier note, one of the Fugue States has broken the surface :biggrin:
View attachment 1170159
What are your temps where you are soaking them? Is it dark? Approx 80F consistently is the optimal temp to germ seeds. Make sure your temps are consistently 75F-85F during the whole process, 80-85 ideally. What will you be planting them in medium wise? Use some Mycos when you plant the seeds. Use a heating pad and thermostat if needed for optimal temps. Once you have stable temps, you can plant with better luck for germing vs lower temps or failures. Certain strains germ faster or easier. Personall I would not let them soak for too much longer without planting. I would plant if temps are good, they been soaking 48+ hours? The seeds have been soaking plenty long enough to activate the germ process. Many times they hit the dirt snd germ. Peace, slow

What are your temps where you are soaking them? Is it dark? Approx 80F consistently is the optimal temp to germ seeds. Make sure your temps are consistently 75F-85F during the whole process, 80-85 ideally. What will you be planting them in medium wise? Use some Mycos when you plant the seeds. Use a heating pad and thermostat if needed for optimal temps. Once you have stable temps, you can plant with better luck for germing vs lower temps or failures. Certain strains germ faster or easier. Personall I would not let them soak for too much longer without planting. I would plant if temps are good, they been soaking 48+ hours? The seeds have been soaking plenty long enough to activate the germ process. Many times they hit the dirt snd germ. Peace, slow

Thanks for your tips :smoking:
A dark place at 25°C always gives me cracked seeds. I posted a pic of the mycorrhizae I use in 1st post. That these seeds haven't cracked yet is a first for me. I've planted 2 per pot so hopefully something comes up.

The Fugue State seeds were planted on the 17th, and the Bubbasquanch on the 18th.

View attachment 1169748View attachment 1169749View attachment 1169750View attachment 1169758
Not sure how you prep your pots of Coco, but to me it looks like you jus lightly watered the top layer by the color? My advice is to precharge the Coco a day ahead and then water around the OUTER RIM of your pot when you water, to promote horizontal root branching...roots seek water. So when you start your seeds it is more ideal to have the pots of Coco precharged 24 hour and up to temp, it helps speed up the process vs unprepped pots. Since you planted 2 per pot uncracked I would cover them with cupa and try to have your temps nice and Stablem. Using a heating pad is good, IF you have a thermostat. If not, temps are unreliable and can have hot and cold spots.seems like you are doing things well, just covering all of the bases. Temps #1 inportance, I wont start a seed without my temps being in range 24/7. Some seeds tske longer to germ, but most of the time seeds crack with the 48 hours you soaked. With the Mycos touching the seeds it can help, dont bury too deep. Wait 24 hours and use a chop stick and look for root development if you are worried. Or wait a few days and see. Good luck, slow

Back