Fungus gnats last 2wk flower

darknight_420

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm cleaning my plants with plain water so watering pretty regularly ti get the soil clear of biotabs before harvest

Tomorrow is wk8 flower of a 8 to 9wk strain. I suspect another 14 days will do her but on watering I notice loads of little white wriggly things in my soil and on research I see it could be fungus gnats. I've put sticky traps all over the circumference of the pot but I'm reading neem oil etx.

Is it wise to use that when I'm nearly finished.

Not even sure if I should do anything so any advice appreciated

Thanks

Screenshot_20230926-174213_Gallery.jpg

Hi all

I'm cleaning my plants with plain water so watering pretty regularly ti get the soil clear of biotabs before harvest

Tomorrow is wk8 flower of a 8 to 9wk strain. I suspect another 14 days will do her but on watering I notice loads of little white wriggly things in my soil and on research I see it could be fungus gnats. I've put sticky traps all over the circumference of the pot but I'm reading neem oil etx.

Is it wise to use that when I'm nearly finished.

Not even sure if I should do anything so any advice appreciated

Thanks

Are you positive they are gnats and not springtails? If they are gnats I use a combination of BTI and spinosad to control them or DE

1695748275204.jpeg

Also are you flushing the soil? It is not necessary although I don’t have experience with bio tabs it just seems like it is not needed and good cause more harm then good

If you want the perfect fix, get some beneficial nematodes and rove beetles. I added them to my grow a year ago. I didn't follow the instructions by adding water - instead, I sprinkled them on the soil under the mulch, and worked them into the dirt a half inch. It's important to mulch so they'll stay moist until they hatch/activate. Whenever I plant a new plant, I take soil out of another plant to inoculate and so far, I still have rove beetles and probably nematodes too.

Every once in awhile I see a couple of fruit flies flying around. They don't last long and are replaced by a couple of rove beetles flying around. So I think populations are rising and falling all the time, but my fungus gnat problem is handled!

:woody:

Back