New Grower Garden of the Hesperides: II

Day 64: start of week 10

So the plant hasn't changed much in size. However, a lot of the leaves are drying and dropping. I think the plant is about finished which is good as I have to chop it this Friday. Life demands it. I haven't given anything but plain water the last 5 days or so. I figured with the lockout I caused earlier, and the damage done, I'd let it ride and finish out where it is.

The smell has finally arrived. I really didn't notice a thing until the last couple days. Straight skunk smell but a light touch and you get an absolutely lovely lemon scent. A real strong lemon pine-sol from just a light brush of a leaf. Really pleasing.

Some pics:

I 100% believe the main colas could have been much much larger if I hadn't mismanaged the plant as badly as I did and caused the early nutrient lockout. Still quite a good showing. Strong genetics for sure.

P1030289.JPG

P1030290.JPG

This plant is so strong it threw out a bunch of new inner bud sites with nice green coloring. I think my new track of water/nutrients was on point as the new growth looks great in a sea of yellow damage.
P1030291.JPG

P1030295.JPG

Thanks for looking and reading along! In a few weeks when the tent frees up from the hang and dry I am absolutely growing another one of these and hoping for a clean run. I can't wait to see what it can really do if not severely hindered early on.

-Kostas

Day 70: Chopped!

Plant was cut at day 70. I have made a huge error and I deleted my final plant images before cutting. I did not even realize. I shot all the pre chop images, thought I transferred them, and then proceeded to cut. I have instead only post chop images. Nothing changed much between last update and this one.

Strain: Trizkits
Chop: Day 70
Drying: Hanging in dark tent with extraction filter/fan and circulation fan
Current environment: 63/65F and 50/55%rh

Pics:

P1030305.JPG

Some serious crust!

P1030307.JPG

I am shocked at the trichome density on some of these. I have observed pictures of really really dense clusters like this but never thought I would be admiring my own!

P1030308.JPG

P1030309.JPG

What a great plant! I did my best to treat it terribly but it kept on! The breeder mentioned in another thread that the smell develops towards the end which is exactly what mine did. Now it has a full on skunky smell to it that quickly invades and disperses itself. If anyone needs a stealthy plant to grow, this one is great right up until the last couple weeks. Then be ready, be careful, and don't open your tent unless you are ready! It also has a wonderful lemon scent if you lightly touch the leaves. I'll update with a final weight in a few days! Thanks for reading. This was a fun one.

-Kostas

Final weight: Fully trimmed and dry: 73g! 2.57 ounces. So a solid 2.5 not bad for only my second grow ever. I'll take it! It's not super impressive but I definitely munged it up a bit. I'm certain this plant could have done much more and I'm hoping my repeat grow will show that.

Thoughts: Some strange smell and scent changes. There was a significant period of nothing, followed by strong skunk scent, then, with a light touch a completely different lemon scent. While hanging to dry there was a serious changeover to a fruit punch and mango scent. Now that it has dried I only smell a patchouli/sandalwood aroma! Admittedly my nose and palate are not refined in the least. That said, these scents and changes have been noticeable to me.

Very easy to grow, even if you try to mess it up you will still get a decent bit. I have several long bud clusters that I left intact. I know this strain is crossed with something called "Biscotti" and I found it fitting that I ended up with 6 long, solid, "biscotti" style colas. I jarred them separately as I thought they really looked neat.

Final pics: One jar of biscotti buds (bottom left), one jar of small buds(bottom right), and one small jar of all the rest! (top)

P1030400.JPG

The "Biscotti"

P1030409.JPG

P1030411.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Final weight: Fully trimmed and dry: 73g! 2.57 ounces. So a solid 2.5 not bad for only my second grow ever. I'll take it! It's not super impressive but I definitely munged it up a bit. I'm certain this plant could have done much more and I'm hoping my repeat grow will show that.

Thoughts: Some strange smell and scent changes. There was a significant period of nothing, followed by strong skunk scent, then, with a light touch a completely different lemon scent. While hanging to dry there was a serious changeover to a fruit punch and mango scent. Now that it has dried I only smell a patchouli/sandalwood aroma! Admittedly my nose and palate are not refined in the least. That said, these scents and changes have been noticeable to me.

Very easy to grow, even if you try to mess it up you will still get a decent bit. I have several long bud clusters that I left intact. I know this strain is crossed with something called "Biscotti" and I found it fitting that I ended up with 6 long, solid, "biscotti" style colas. I jarred them separately as I thought they really looked neat.

Final pics: One jar of biscotti buds (bottom left), one jar of small buds(bottom right), and one small jar of all the rest! (top)

View attachment 1321504

The "Biscotti"

View attachment 1321505

View attachment 1321506

Thanks for looking.

How can u not smoke that????:smoking:

Yeeeha!! Excellent brother. They look like lovely buds!!
Onwards and upwards next grow. If you keep going like this your going to become one of the big hitters on AFN.
Cheers,
EP3

Back