Germination tool

sewerdweller

USMC SFMF
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Reefer
I'm in a cooler climate this time of year and have full switched over to LEDs. And who would have thonk it temps in my little 2x2 tent for the babies is to cool for a good start. What can I do on my tight budget
Disposable 8 hr handwarmers under their trays
It worked well for me hope some1 else can find helpful

I'm in a cooler climate this time of year and have full switched over to LEDs. And who would have thonk it temps in my little 2x2 tent for the babies is to cool for a good start. What can I do on my tight budget

If it's too cold, raise them off the floor a bit, also cheap heat pads work well. Just cover the pad with a bag to keep dry.

I also germinate seeds in a wet paper towel placed in a zip lock bag. I place the pay on a heat pad in a dresser drawer.

Tmonney is on point about a heating pad. I'd also wrap the container in a shirt or something similar to insulate it

good tip! the heating pads work too. i guess whatever we got close or can get our hands on!

I like heating pads but there's an underneath heater that comes with a thermostat you can get on Amazon for pretty cheap. It's really nice because you can put the sensor in the container when you're germing and then just put it under the containers with the sensor in the soil to keep everything the right temperature all through your grow

I posted about the heating pad, then saw Devil Dog posted 9 months ago.

I've got the 2x4 heating pad and thermostat from Amazon.
They're a great combo.
Or plant in a tray with a dome.
Some domes have adjustable vent holes to let humidity out.
This will also retain heat for germination.

Almost every watt drawn from the wall eventually ends up as heat inside the tent.
The main exception is that light energy is partly converted to chemical energy by the plants.
For example, a 10 watt fan produces 10 watts of heat in a tent, and a 100 watt incandescent bulb creates almost 100 watts of heat.
You might want to consider putting some incandescent bulbs inside the tent to supply a lot of heat and a little more light.

If
Almost every watt drawn from the wall eventually ends up as heat inside the tent.
The main exception is that light energy is partly converted to chemical energy by the plants.
For example, a 10 watt fan produces 10 watts of heat in a tent, and a 100 watt incandescent bulb creates almost 100 watts of heat.
You might want to consider putting some incandescent bulbs inside the tent to supply a lot of heat and a little more light.
If Your plants are getting cold enough to make you put extra lights in a tent just to create extra heat, it is getting to the point you should start thinking of heating the entire room. At this point I'd start looking at ceramic heaters or the oil radiator heaters. I think he was just looking for a little heat to help germination though.

Back