Going to make some auto flower seeds

Are they just selling colloidal silver marked up 1000%? Instead of paying $44.32 for 3 oz :nono: , you could pay about the same and source the ingredients for a lifetime supply of STS, and you won't need to spray that every single day for weeks on end either.
send the link please i see all sorts of shit on amazon and the web

Here's our stickied thread about STS, proph also has a good STS journal. Just searching for "STS" should turn up a bunch of detailed posts on other forums as well.

There are two ingredients you'll need to buy (neither is hard to get), then you mix each separately with distilled water, then mix those solutions. You'll have to read recipes for the exact amounts and proportions. Wear gloves and eye protection when spraying it, don't breath it in, don't consume anything you spray, etc.

I'm really interested in trying out this method on my next grow in order to keep my Northern Lights strain (down to my last seed) going. Can you please elaborate more on how you do this?

I'm guessing take a branch early from my NL, spray when I see it showing pistils at the nodes, and then once I get the pollen I can use it on the mother plant as well as any others?
Since first try failed (started spray after pistols showed, didn't take and wasted a plant) I'm starting spray before seeing pistols this try.

Here's our stickied thread about STS, proph also has a good STS journal. Just searching for "STS" should turn up a bunch of detailed posts on other forums as well.

There are two ingredients you'll need to buy (neither is hard to get), then you mix each separately with distilled water, then mix those solutions. You'll have to read recipes for the exact amounts and proportions. Wear gloves and eye protection when spraying it, don't breath it in, don't consume anything you spray, etc.
Thanks for the link! Didn't take long to see a key point that I'll use here soon. Derek with the LAG injected STS and the results were great. That's what I'm going to do this next time.
This is what reassured me injecting should wotk very well.

highly mobile in the vascular system

Here is some info...

The properties of STS reported that its complex ions are more mobile and can be transported by the vascular system.

Perhaps this shows the difference between these stimulants.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.plantphysiol.org/content/83/1/44.full.pdf

The STS complex was used because it has much greater mobility in plant tissue than uncomplexed silver ion (16).
(16) VEEN H, SC VAN DE GEIJN 1978 Mobility and ionic form of silver as related to longevity of cut carnations. Planta 140: 92-96
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://cuke.hort.ncsu.edu/cgc/cgc02/cgc2-9.html

While attempting to increase the longevity of cut carnations, Veen and Van de Geijn (1) demonstrated the manifold mobility of the silver ion in the anionic complex silver thiosulphate, [Ag(S203)2]3-, over that in AgNO3. The anti-ethylene action of this compound prompted us to assay its potential in sex reversion of gynoecious cucumbers. Initial trials indicated that Ag(S203)2 induced male flowers much the same as AgNO3. A more detailed experiment was carried out late in the fall of 1978.
(1) Veen, H. and S. C. v.d. Geijn. 1978. Mobility and ionic form of silver as related to longevity of cut carnations. Planta 140:93-96.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/files/datastore/234-861.pdf

The commercial application of silver as an antiethylene treatment was made possible by the discovery by Veen and van de Geijn (1978) that the silver thiosulfate (STS) complex was stable and highly mobile in the vascular system but was still very effective in preventing ethylene action.

STS is a skin irritant (check the MSDS), it's not safe to use in topicals either.
Yes ! It is a skin irritant in concentrate solution but interestingly each ingredient individually have been used as a topical solution to treat some skin ailments. When u process it into a topical the sts ppm present in final product is negligible. I've done it for years w tons of ppl w out any adverse reaction.

Another side note is we all know it will permanently stain skin until the skin wears off.this is used in elections in foreign countries to prove that u have voted and to limit u to one vote. First time I saw it was the election in Iraq after Saddam was toppled.

Thanks for the link! Didn't take long to see a key point that I'll use here soon. Derek with the LAG injected STS and the results were great. That's what I'm going to do this next time.
This is what reassured me injecting should wotk very well.

highly mobile in the vascular system
Is information available in regards to STS injection as to when, how,, etc ? Tks !

well i have 2 gorilla cookies left from fast buds do you think i can get them to produce seeds i can do that right it dosent matter the breeder

Last edited:
Back